In Need Of Advice - Injured Friend

BuyerThai

I have a Thai friend in Chiangmai that was seriously injured after a car accident when a group of teenagers beat him so viciously that he now needs brain surgery. My first concern is his well being, so any comments would be appreciated. Secondly, I want to help him pursue legal action against the purps. Here is a brief rundown on the situation, I have limited info now as I am in the states and his wife speaks just a little english. I have confirmed via another Thai friend in Bangkok that he is indeed injured and in hospital.

He is a Tuk Tuk driver and has a wife and 4 children, moderator, can I list his name?

I have the number to the hospital room

Again, any advice would be appreciated.

I have a Thai friend in Chiangmai that was seriously injured after a car accident when a group of teenagers beat him so viciously that he now needs brain surgery. My first concern is his well being, so any comments would be appreciated. Secondly, I want to help him pursue legal action against the purps. Here is a brief rundown on the situation, I have limited info now as I am in the states and his wife speaks just a little english. I have confirmed via another Thai friend in Bangkok that he is indeed injured and in hospital.

He is a Tuk Tuk driver and has a wife and 4 children, moderator, can I list his name?

I have the number to the hospital room

Again, any advice would be appreciated.

This story makes little sense. If he is a TukTuk driver in Chiangmai, he certainly has filed a police report and is intimately familiar with the procedures for redress. Can he identify the assailants? Have they been arrested? If not, why not?If so, what is the social status of their families? The list of questions to be answered is endless.

I am not certain what you are asking of members of this forum.

Sorry my post did not make sense oldgeezer. I have very limited info now but have received a little more. I speak limited Thai and his wife speaks limited English.

I have been told he was involved in an auto accident with his Tuk Tuk. A fight ensued resulting in his injuries. I know he is in the Hospital and had surgery to stop bleeding on the brain.

I have one good soul from another forum that is willing to visit him. I am hoping specifics can be obtained to answer many questions - i.e., when did this happen?, where the police notified?, is anyone in custody? etc.

I am looking for any advice and or assitance to help my friend. I will provide more info as it becomes available.

Not much anyone can do at this stage until more data regarding the incident becomes available.

Those who feel that they wish to assist this guy, would they be willing to help finance his legal fees and hospital bills, plus health care and living costs afterwards until if and when he recovers and is maybe able to work again?

Edited by sassienie

Sorry my post did not make sense oldgeezer. I have very limited info now but have received a little more. I speak limited Thai and his wife speaks limited English.

I have been told he was involved in an auto accident with his Tuk Tuk. A fight ensued resulting in his injuries. I know he is in the Hospital and had surgery to stop bleeding on the brain.

I have one good soul from another forum that is willing to visit him. I am hoping specifics can be obtained to answer many questions - i.e., when did this happen?, where the police notified?, is anyone in custody? etc.

I am looking for any advice and or assitance to help my friend. I will provide more info as it becomes available.

Maybe it's best to get an attorney involved. PM me for the name and number. This attorney is also a cop so when he goes to get things done it helps him along.

A police complaint is probably not the way most Thais (especially tuk tuk drivers) would seek justice against a gang which assaulted him. When he recovers he will have his own way.

His recovery is the only important thing at the moment and in Thailand someone will have to pay. The more you pay, the better your chances of a full recovery.

Edited by Loaded