Tennis Court

Neeranam

• 2 weeks later...
i wnt to build tennis court next to my khon ken house but. does nyone hve ny contcts for someone to build it?

sorry my keybord is broken

If you can't afford a new keyboard or get an 'A' stuck in the old one you're probably not in the league to afford a tennis court.

However if you have a financial recovery in the near future expect to pay shitloads if you want a proper court, not one of painted concrete with a chicken wire or fish net fence, full of cracks and unplayable after a few years.

2 years ago I paid around around 4.5 mill for an international standard surface and size tennis court with 1/2 sized practice court with knock wall attached, including lighting equal to daylight. This could be divided by two or more if substandard construction methods and a reduction in quality were employed.

After some period of lengthy investigation I settled on a hard court playing surface over an asphalt base. Also for consideration is the artificial sand filled grass surface, about the same price as it's laid over concrete, give it the flick, almost as expensive as maintaining a real grass court but the suppliers won't tell you that, as they want the maintainence contract to keep it playable. Fencing also is a consideration and I went for plastic coated chain mesh with galvanized framework. Lighting is another consideration expect to pay heaps if it's done correctly so that you don't get electroplated when you hit the switch.

It has been mentioned by some visiting players that we have the best tennis court in Phuket, if so, it simply means you get what you pay for.

Please feel free if you want to PM me for some of the pitfalls and a few tips .

Reminds me of a place i went to see once. Touted a tennis court - and it was indeed a good one. Until you was at the baseline and tried to serve - the fence 24" behind the line kept on hampering the swing.......$ASIAN_SIGH

Why go through all that expence of building a court. Just lay some turf , then you can play on Grass in the wet season and Clay on the dry :) Use a miners lamp for playing after dark. Dont forget snakes are attracted to lights at night !!

Forget the snakes, every insect in the neighbourhood will be hanging out for a game of bite the tennis player. You'd be better off using those electrified tennis racquets that zap the bugs rather than gutting the cat. It would make for a more interesting game though. "Here at Isaan centre court, Federer takes the first set and 500 mosquitoes. Nadal has some catching up to do, 2 broken serves and only 250 mosquitoes and a wayward fly".

• 1 month later...
i wnt to build tennis court next to my khon ken house but. does nyone hve ny contcts for someone to build it?

sorry my keybord is broken

Here's some listings from the yellow pages:

1) Action Sports Construction 02-914-1270

2) ACMA 02-253-3313

3) Ladprao Tennis Court 02-511-2749

4) Starmit Business 02-951-7002

Tennis pro I know had his court resurfaced recently. Will PM you if and when he gets back to me. Sorry don't know Khon Khaen contacts but maybe some of these guys can help.