Hotel Kanchanaburi : Bungalow On The River ?

atchara

Hi,

I would like to find a nice hotel in kanchanaburi for my family with some activites, good restaurant, not far from river kwai bridge with nice and confortable floating bungalow on the river. Do you know a nice place? Thanks a lot !!! :)

Hi,

I would like to find a nice hotel in kanchanaburi for my family with some activites, good restaurant, not far from river kwai bridge with nice and confortable floating bungalow on the river. Do you know a nice place? Thanks a lot !!! :)

atchara,

Are you Thai? I ask because i know a nice place next to (but not on) the river, but it's a 5 km drive to town so they would need a car and so may not be the place for foreign tourists. Lovely outside restaurant with great views and good price. (

Hi,

Felix River Kwai...have stayed there many times...just look at their web site...you will be able to book cheaper via an agent...the rooms overlooking the river are normally 500Baht more...views are good though.

Hi,

I would like to find a nice hotel in kanchanaburi for my family with some activites, good restaurant, not far from river kwai bridge with nice and confortable floating bungalow on the river. Do you know a nice place? Thanks a lot !!! :D

atchara,

Are you Thai? I ask because i know a nice place next to (but not on) the river, but it's a 5 km drive to town so they would need a car and so may not be the place for foreign tourists. Lovely outside restaurant with great views and good price. (

Hi, no i'm not thai :)

Thanks to John45 for your answer but it seems that Felix River Kwai Hotel doesn't have bungalow on the river

ok google 'Kanchanaburi hotels and resorts. There are several rafts/bungalows on Kwai Noi. We have stayed at 'the Pavilion' but it's not bungelows. We also stayed at I think it's called Suan Si Yok. the railway passes right about the resort, in fact it stops at the station there. They have bungelows there. If I find the exact name I'll let you know, however it was all Thais except me. For me it was a little basic but they were very friendly there.

First picture - Bamboo Resort - around 400-600 bths a night - bathroom shared up on land - don't know the phone #...google it

...looks perfect. Is there something like that with bungalows above the river or a lake with bathrooms included, away from noise and mass tourists in that area? Will come with my 4x4 pick up.

Birdman-------try this, quite pretty.....around 500 bths/night.....not tooo far from all the attractions.....google it for the phone#

It's also has...3 campfire areas, tents area-if you prefer a tent, bicycle and guitar for rent......friends said they liked the views

Here some photos...from their website

Tham Krasae Huts

post-90108-1251788180_thumb.jpg

post-90108-1251788191_thumb.jpg

post-90108-1251788204_thumb.jpg

post-90108-1251788214_thumb.jpg

post-90108-1251788225_thumb.jpg

post-90108-1251788234_thumb.jpg

post-90108-1251788246_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot, mooncake, for that.

Other recommendations are welcomed. Will probably drive to the Three Pagoda Pass from there and to other fascinating places. Are there some accommodations on the river next to a waterfall? The more natural surroundings the better...

zero interest in the bridge and train...(have done that twice some years ago)

First picture - Bamboo Resort - around 400-600 bths a night - bathroom shared up on land - don't know the phone #...google it

Secound, third - RiverKwai Bridge Resort - around 1200 bths - on the riverfront

enjoy

I have stayed at both of these resorts as they are next to each other and 800 yards from the bridge and you can see the bridge from the river bank.

The bamboo hut is more budget traveller a bamboo hut floating on oil barrels but its relaxing to sit outside watching the river traffic.

The nice Kwai resort next door is really nice..new rooms, huge lcd tv,s massive clean bathrooms with various showers, air con, dvd player, fridge.

swimming pool and a little massage centre.

these 2 resorts are next to each other location wise but a million miles apart in comfort.

If budget is not an issue then the Kwai resort gets my vote..not that its that expensive but its worth the extra money than the basic backpacking style of bamboo house!

Thanks a lot, mooncake, for that.

Other recommendations are welcomed. Will probably drive to the Three Pagoda Pass from there and to other fascinating places. Are there some accommodations on the river next to a waterfall? The more natural surroundings the better...

<snip>

In Sangkhla Buri I have stayed here http://www.ppailin.com/page/english.html

large.jpg

Photo at dawn from my room.

Sangkhla Buri

Re

Are there some accommodations on the river next to a waterfall?

Not with you on that one as to which waterfall you mean? :) The only waterfall that flows into a river is in Sai Yok National Park, quite small as well :D

Kan Noi

And the only other place I know

next to a waterfalls

is bring your own tent :D

Huay Mae Khamin Waterfall

but then your are on the wrong road to here anyway :D

On your road you will find 'Green World Hot Spring Resort & Golf Club' google it :D

Should you require any other info, please post it here.

Maps

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

P.S. And if you want to feed the animals first hand in Kan as you have a car Safari Park, Bo Phloi, Kanchanaburi :D