Airport Scams

Quite simple really, go to Malaysia instead......or Viet Nam.......or Cambodia .........or Sri Lanka.

Take it you no longer like thailand then.

On the contrary, I enjoy Thailand immensely and will more than likely end my days there but if scams and the Thai propensity for seizing an unethical advantage whenever the opportunity presents itself becomes too much of a worry then the other countries I cited may be a more attractive proposition.

The thing is, what makes Thailand more engaging than other countries is the likelihood of the untoward occurring whenever one least expects it and as such is a marvellous antidote to boredom. One can never complain of event starvation in the LoS which can hardly be said of, say, Malaysia although I do like my sojourns there if only for the peace and quiet it affords albeit for short periods.

Edited by Electra

Aviud the duty free shops, don't even look. Avoid any touts, just ignore or bypass any you see. Check your baggage for tampering before you approach customs. and ask for assistance if you suspect tampeing. Do not exceed any duty free allowances. Don't look confused, act knowledgable and confident.

Use the taxi line or take a bus if needed. Don't use the airport currency exchnges and have your money (cash type) checked for possible bogus notes before you arrive here. Have fun!

Your reply was my laugh of the week , thank you.;hope you were being sarcastic, trouble is it's all true, sounds funny though when you bunch it all up. Maybe watch out for clamp downs should be added.