German Engineer Killed By Bomb In Chon Buri

churchill

German Engineer Killed By Bomb In Chon Buri

CHONBURI: -- The torn-apart body of a German engineer was found in rubber plantation in Banglamung district here Friday morning, police said.

Police said the remains of Uwe Keienburt, 45, who was an engineer of a real estate company, was found by a rubber tapper in the morning.

Police said the bomb appeared to be C4 explosives tied to the body of the man, whose BMW car was found left about 500 away.

Police said the killer used a remote control to detonate the bomb that torn his body into pieces.

His wife, Araya, 40, told police that the German engineer left their house on Soi Sukhumvit 24 at 9 am on Thursday and disappeared.

She said her husband had conflicts with a group of foreign real estate developers and he sued to receive a death threat.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 21/08/09

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blowing him up with military grade explosives isn't exactly your average bump off the competition with a .38 revolver.

Sounds like someone is sending a very clear message going to such extremes.

Very well put - I am not sure what this was all about but this is a very strong message and shows connections above and beyond a group of foreign real estate developers

This should really be good for tourism to Pattaya. Wonder how this is going to be discussed by the powers in charge.

Nobody mentioned 'Pattaya' until you did! Thanks!

I seem to have read a map somewhere that said that Pattaya is located somewhere in Chonburi. Or maybe the map I saw from the government was in error?

Blowing him up with military grade explosives isn't exactly your average bump off the competition with a .38 revolver.

Anybody knows more details about the dispute? How much is involved?

There are two reasons for this question. a) Everybody says life is cheap in Thailand. I want to know, how cheap? :D I could also try to figure out whether I qualify for C4 or .38. :)

hi....

so does anyone know what this is all about.

what disputes did he have?

pretty serious stuff..... this was a serious exection style killing.....

amarka

Very well put - I am not sure what this was all about but this is a very strong message and shows connections above and beyond a group of foreign real estate developers

hardcore... strapped with c4 with a remote trigger.

how doesn't that warrant a massive search and crack down.

Agree 100%.

If crimes like this go uninvestigated or are just accepted ('well it happens in the US :) ') then our society is beyond farked...

Whoever committed this crime (If it wan't suicide; I don't know.) needs to be caught and sentenced extremely harshly; life, meaning life.