German Engineer Killed By Bomb In Chon Buri

churchill

If not so tragic and perverse this could be right out of some B-movie, super villain, petting his cat in his remote lair, saying something like send a message,

Too early and too little known at this point, but what is clear is that a message certainly was sent,

the who, what and why we can only imagine.

We can speculate on more sinister and complex plots, but an the end of the day core to most disputes, it will come down to money, love or pride and any combination there of.

Edited by cobra

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gulp. What a splatter cruel way to kill somebody.

Thailand is always, more, a violent country

Interesting that this is the second post blaming Thailand. Seems to me that neither the victim or the alleged killers are Thai.......there aren't many Thai developers where I live, just a bunch of scumbags trying to make a quick buck at everyone else's expense.

Nobody is blaming entire Thailand, but some of its Authorities or better some of the Employes which wear often brown colours and sometimes are "involved" in shootings or killings for cash :)

I dont like these speculators either, they are the reason of the most scum in the world thougt. but its the way HOW this guy died, nobody deserve something like that.

If my earlier specualtive post is offensive please forgive me, however as a family member you have already seen the abhorent video clip that is public domain. As it is, such discussion of such matters is nothing but sadened but nesecesary dialogue from those like myself who know no better.

There are those amoungst us reading this verbatim that have knowledge of such acts. I ask you in all due consciousness to awaken from your comatosis and push apon those you know to act in moral judgement.

there are those of us reading who know, sad as that is.

(one good man killed takes many good men to do nothing.)

Several years ago a farang acountant was murdered in Thailand, as he was about to reveal fraudulent accounting methods of a large company (a rice mill?) - therefore costing the company big money. It puts a new spin on "shooting the messenger."

I remember that. I think it was an Australian accountant, and a sugar mill. Very sad, and obvious why he was murdered.

Could some members perhaps consider the report is scant on detail and the family may be looking in??? This is not the time for conjecture, Rupert Murdoch-esque 'shaping' for ratings, or narcissist sensationalism (although this appears the 'winning' formula here....)

May the victim rest in peace and may more facts come forward. Also, may any family or loved ones looking in forgive the apparent 'frenzy' for the indecent sake of page views (=cha-ching) and need for speculative narcissism by some members (forgive them, this is merely the perfect combination for 'success' hereabouts, unfortunately).

RIP Uwe

Edited by baht&sold

This should really be good for tourism to Pattaya. Wonder how this is going to be discussed by the powers in charge.

Nobody mentioned 'Pattaya' until you did! Thanks!

where do you think banglamung is .it's mentioned in the nations clip

Edited by sexy man

German Engineer Killed By Bomb In Chon Buri

CHONBURI: -- The torn-apart body of a German engineer was found in rubber plantation in Banglamung district here Friday morning, police said.

Police said the remains of Uwe Keienburt, 45, who was an engineer of a real estate company, was found by a rubber tapper in the morning.

Police said the bomb appeared to be C4 explosives tied to the body of the man, whose BMW car was found left about 500 away.

Police said the killer used a remote control to detonate the bomb that torn his body into pieces.

His wife, Araya, 40, told police that the German engineer left their house on Soi Sukhumvit 24 at 9 am on Thursday and disappeared.

She said her husband had conflicts with a group of foreign real estate developers and he sued to receive a death threat.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 21/08/09

Sounds like maybe the tidy work of the RUSSIAN MAFIA !!! :)

I would imagine a German being blown to bits with C4 in Thailand would reach the German newspapers at least. Not sure why you think this is a non-news issue. Any death is awful, condolences to the family.

I didn't say it was not a non-news issue, only that the average tourist overseas will never hear it, so it's not likely to have much impact on tourism at all, unlike what was suggested earlier.

This is extreme in more than one way. Who has the expertise to put this kind of bomb together? Where do you get C4? This isn't an ordinary hit.

My condolences to the friends and family.

Theres been a home made bomb incident in BKK with the use of C4 today also, perhaps there selling it up at the burmese boarder? :)

I'm impressed that, with all of their other short-comings, the Thai police seem to be far more advanced than western police forces in their forensic testing procedures. It would take the London Met Police a lab and a couple of days to come up with this level of certainty over their chemical analysis. Sounds like someone's guessing to me. Wouldn't be the first time. This could be, and probably is, far more low tech than the headline grabbers would like us to think.

Never the less, must have been a terrifying last night for the guy. Sympathies to all affected.

Blowing him up with military grade explosives isn't exactly your average bump off the competition with a .38 revolver.

Sounds like someone is sending a very clear message going to such extremes.

What this tells us is that there are others who know what this man knows and they are trying to intimidate someone else into not coming forward. I'd advise anyone with knowledge or involvement in this case to get on the nearest plane and spill your beans to the media outside the country.

Hopefully, for a change the BIB will actually get to the bottom of it, but I guess a lot will depend on if they wish to. It seems the crime scene has been pretty much contaminated already.

Hopefully, also, the same do-nothing cover-up ding dongs who supposedly investigated the two women who died mysteriously at Phi Phi g.h. in May won't be assigned to this case. Ditto for whomever was assigned to the farang woman who died mysteriously at A Krabi beach several weeks ago (supposedly strangled herself with her purse straps, uh huh).

Come on Thai investigators, this is an opportunity to show you've got some skills and intestinal fortitude to do the right thing for a change.

If you can't find the clues, pursue the leads, or ask the tough questions - then bring in foreign experts who can do a better job.

It will be heard outside of the country and already is.........the age of the internet......eventually a simple search of violence/murder/pattaya/chonburi/real estate will lead to the story.

And how many potential tourists are going to do that? Half of them probably don't read the local news at home.

There have been 7 or 8 (can't keep up with the actually number) of unexplained deaths of tourists in and around Krabi in the past few months........that info. has reached many potential tourists worldwide and caused a downturn in tourism in and around Krabi.

After the two Russian girls were brutally murdered on the beach in Jomtien, tourism was negatively affected.

There is no reason to assume that this horrible murder will not have a similar impact on tourism.

How many people will not come to Thailand because of this? I have no idea.......some.

But potential tourists should understand that these are very isolated events (the Krabi region might be an exception as seems to me like a serial killer is on the lose there).

In general, Thailand is a safe place to visit if you don't go down south.

Does anyone know what projects this man was working on? Was he working on a large project that wasn't being built or something that was built?

Follow the trail.

a member here posted a link some pages ago regarding it, is Suvunabhum Airport a big project?

some members here should really read the thread, BEFORE posting.....same goes for PingManDan and his Russian Mafia THEORIE....cant get rid of the feeling that are some ppl here with too much time and pretended detective skills.....

Edited by moskito

1- The head missing is a significant point - probably removed to confirm the victim to the person who ordered the hit.

2 - no effort to hide the act was made , if fact you might call this overkill

3- They didn't steal the car , easy $$ , so they were well paid and told to leave it

4- The remote region gave them time and privacy to do what they needed

5- It is likely that the hit was ordered as a last resort , although there was likely no plans of him ever leaving there alive.

6- The killers were seeking information ,perhaps signatures on back dated documents , play ball or else

8- Forensics on explosives are tricky. Unlikely the perpetrators will be found

More here...

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/august..._21_08_52.shtml

<H3 align=left>Body parts of German Engineer found in local plantation.

</H3>

Pattaya, August 21 [PATTAYA ONE NEWS] : Just after 11.30 on Friday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Samae from Huoy Yai Police Station was called to a remote field after a farm worker discovered body parts strewn across part of the field and it was thought the body was that of a foreigner. Police arrived and cordoned off the area and began inspecting the body parts and found a driving license in the name of Mr. Uwe Keienburg aged 44 from Germany. Close-by was a device which contained evidence of C4 explosives. A Silver BMW 523i car was parked close-by and was found to be registered to Mr. Keienburg. Further checks into the victim confirmed he was employed as a Consultant Engineer for a company in Bangkok and back in 2004 he was involved in constructing the Suvanabumi Airport in Bangkok. It was also determined that he was in a dispute with a group of foreign property developers according to his wife, Khun Arayar aged 40 who explained that her Husband left their house in Bangkok at 9am on Thursday and failed to return. She had registered a missing persons report at Thonglor Police Station in Bangkok on Thursday Evening. Police are now basing the case on two theories. The first relates to the foreign developers Mr. Keienburg was in a dispute with and Police have also not ruled out suicide at this point. The investigation continues.

Hmmm.... :)

"....his wife, Khun Arayar aged 40 who explained that her Husband left their house in Bangkok at 9am on Thursday and failed to return. She had registered a missing persons report at Thonglor Police Station in Bangkok on Thursday Evening."

I remember myself "disappearing" for longer than 12-14 hours and can't recall my wife went to the police -the same day-, reporting me missing...but that doesn't mean anything I suppose. :D

LaoPo

Did you ever get death threads?

THANKS @ sanmiguellight, I just want write the same, but read the whole thread before posting. I havent been cliearer with my poor english.

Indeed, I think that only INTERNATIONAL ATTENTION can change some things in Thailand, even thought that the tourism industrie is hurt. It doesnt matter to me personally, and I am thinking the TOURISTS have also a RIGHT to know whats going on in Thailand!

about two years ago there were a lot of muggings here in Phuket, some with deadly endings. After we forwarded it to the German Embassy and some other newspapers, finally the Police starts to work and the series of rubberies stoppt, they even installed lights on some very dark spots here. All that because the german and the english embassy put a warning for tourists on their homepage that Thailand is NOT SAVE....unfortunately most of the tourists still belive it is....till they become victims by themselfs, be it in KING POWER scams, nightly muggings or Jetski scams, or taxidrivers driving away without giving change.....a list without end........

I can't understand why this event should have an impact on the tourism industry in Thailand. It was not a tourist that was killed, nobody of us knows the reason why the poor guy was killed. But if you are going to work or do business in Thailand, you should be more careful from now on.

Projects with a value of more than 3 millions should be very careful handeld. I build (on my wifes name) a house near Hua Hin and found out that the developer, a lady, was cheating us a lot. When I started to claim, I was warned from third party, not to make a big case from it, even the police was not interested in my reclamations. Well, I followed the advices, kept quiet and I'm still alive.

Hello, my sincere condolences to the family. I hope the animals involved in this murder are caught, and it is not a difficult technology for someone trained in these electronic devices. The BIB could say that they do not make enough money to get involved in the investigation as the animals have no problem with murder, and life to them has little value.

It would take some serious forensic work to deduce the exact nature of the explosive, I expect more than what they have applied at the current time. Still if he's been blown to bits and wiring circuitry has been found then this explanation would likely be along the right track. It would be mining or military sourced, and the Thai's would know what's popularly about.

To go to these lengths it would seem they might have been trying to extort something out of him, a signature or agreement perhaps (or is that too 'hollywood'?). That or they are just ultra cruel bastards.

THANKS @ sanmiguellight, I just want write the same, but read the whole thread before posting. I havent been cliearer with my poor english.

Indeed, I think that only INTERNATIONAL ATTENTION can change some things in Thailand, even thought that the tourism industrie is hurt. It doesnt matter to me personally, and I am thinking the TOURISTS have also a RIGHT to know whats going on in Thailand!

about two years ago there were a lot of muggings here in Phuket, some with deadly endings. After we forwarded it to the German Embassy and some other newspapers, finally the Police starts to work and the series of rubberies stoppt, they even installed lights on some very dark spots here. All that because the german and the english embassy put a warning for tourists on their homepage that Thailand is NOT SAVE....unfortunately most of the tourists still belive it is....till they become victims by themselfs, be it in KING POWER scams, nightly muggings or Jetski scams, or taxidrivers driving away without giving change.....a list without end........

I can't understand why this event should have an impact on the tourism industry in Thailand. It was not a tourist that was killed, nobody of us knows the reason why the poor guy was killed. But if you are going to work or do business in Thailand, you should be more careful from now on.

Projects with a value of more than 3 millions should be very careful handeld. I build (on my wifes name) a house near Hua Hin and found out that the developer, a lady, was cheating us a lot. When I started to claim, I was warned from third party, not to make a big case from it, even the police was not interested in my reclamations. Well, I followed the advices, kept quiet and I'm still alive.

Everyone with cognitive reasoning here knows that Thailand is one of the most dangerous tourist destinations. Urban areas late at night and early in the morning are dangerous in almost any city. The world economic meltdown contributes to the widening gap between the haves and havenots. Thefts and robberies naturally increase along with alcohol and drug fueled thrill attacks like murder and rape.

I remember another investor in Hua Hin real estate wasn't so lucky when he pressed for legal remedies about a year ago. There was also a recent assignation in Phuket of another farang developer.

When you read an official press release from the Royal Thai Police that during an election period they will be keeping a close watch on known hitmen it should give people pause to think about what is going on around here.

That said, you will guarantee your safety by not antagonizing a Thai and causing him or her to lose face. Don't stay out all night and never walk alone in tourist areas after 1:00 AM or 2:00 AM. Do not have off the books investments with Thais. Do not buy life insurance and designate your Thai true love as the beneficiary. She may love you but if anyone in her family knows about the lotto jackpot you will meet a violent end. Pay attention to what is going on around you.

Cheers!

It would seem there was some justice for the Australian accountant

http://www.bangkokpost.com/250708_News/25Jul2008_news16.php

In September 2006, the Criminal Court sentenced Kaset Thai Sugar executive Boonphan Sutheevirawan to life imprisonment, and sentenced to death Somchoke Sutheevirawan, Boonphan's younger brother, and Sompong Buasakul for premeditated murder in connection with Wansley's death.

Assuming they haven't paid their way out since then, and the man accused of pulling the trigger was acquitted I've just read. I'm sure that case would have shaken up the corporates over here in Australia who pretty much have free reign in whatever they do.

1- The head missing is a significant point - probably removed to confirm the victim to the person who ordered the hit.

Why can't people follow a thread instead of jumping in half way throught with stupid statements. The whole upper part of his torso was blown off in the explosion :)

The Farangs done it...or was it the butler?

Just woken up have we?

Looks like a half asleep reply to me.

Ohhhhhhhh i am sorry your playing a thai version of cluedo right?

wait you have two suspects, You forgot to mention the c4 and the room.

Edited by cyb

Could be a Russian job, since those guys probably have a taste for the spectacular and loves the movies.

It looks Israeli to me. Look for a Mossad angle.

Mossad... mafia... what's the difference?

Not seen this version of cluedo before it's got countries now.

I hope they find out fast his last way after him gone out of his home. The most 5er BMWs have GPS-Systems from factorysite and this systems write complete logfiles for the last 100 waypoints, stops, etc. So they can checkout easy where him drive and stop before him died. Maybe his car had it too.

Samething work with mobilephones too. They can checkout his last route together with the time. I don't believe the police is so stupid and don't check it.

Maybe they can find out where the men catched him before they killed him.

Edited by snowgard