German Engineer Killed By Bomb In Chon Buri

churchill

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She added that Mr. Keienburt had also started a business exporting goods to Malaysia and had recently been travelling back and forth to the country quite often. In addition, investigators were informed that Mr. Keienburt had a relationship with a Malaysian woman who could be related to his death.

On Thursday 20th August, the day before his death, Mr. Keienburt told his wife as he was driving out of the house: “It might be difficult for me to live on this earth”.

Mrs Araya said he had had financial problems, especially to find money to purchase machines from the USA for his new export business to Malaysia. His letter of credit [LC] was rejected from his bank and he tried asking her to borrow her mother’s land deed to mortgage but her mother refused.

If this guy didn't have the capital to purchase machinery then it seems highly doubtful that he'd have been able to clear them through customs, yet alone purchase materials and pay conversion costs. Whole story is fishy and sounds like the wife's mom was better off not having put up the land deed as collateral.

Who takes the notebook with if he want to blow up himself?

it is obvious that the best way to get rid of possible evidence of doubtful transactions would be to destroy the computer, paper and the brain at the same time...

yeap they might have missed or kept the mobile phone and so far the police has not found the list of calls made or received the previous 2 days...

looks like an assisted suicide... :)

Edited by froglegisgood

I think its time that they realy start to clean up the Pattaya scene. And when I write clean up, I mean a real clean up. There are simply too many shady people and bussineses in that area.

that is not going to happen

Recently, Itthipol Khunpluem, son of illustrious Somchai Khunpluem aka Kamnan Poh, won the mayoral election in beautiful Pattaya. Khun Itthipol, youngest brother of veteran politician Sonthaya, former tourism and sports minister, won by thousands of votes. Thousands of votes? What’s again the population of Pattaya?

Kamnan Poh was an influential figure in, or better: the godfather of Chon Buri. Was, because nobody knows his whereabouts since he went underground after being found guilty of hiring hit men to murder his business rival and local administrator Prayoon Sitthichote. Prayoon was gunned down at a wedding reception in full glamor in March 2003.

Link to crime scene video in Thai with Google map of location.

Warning: graphic content

<<<REMOVED - TOO GRAPHIC>>>

How they allow graphic scenes like this in the Thai media never ceases to amaze me. Very sad indeed for the wife to witness such gore...Rip

If this was a real video from the crime scene, it is legitimate information that helps us to be more informed about what happened and why. I disagree with censorship of this kind and I think that we waste a lot of time bouncing conjecture and opinions around when we could be looking at real facts based on real information. This is a very disturbing incident whether you read about it or see video footage doesn't change the nature of the crime or potential threat to others, it just gives you a more complete view of the story. I appreciate living in countries that don't baby their citizenry by pulling 'graphic' footage out of their newscasts. If you've ever tried to piece together a story based on what is presented in American news broadcasts, you'll understand my frustration with small-minded censorship of important and relevant information.

Admins - please consider the ramifications of censorship of relevant info.

Quite a few members talked about Mr. Keienburg being in the real estate business.

There is no report or evidence he was in real estate at all.

He was an engineer and previously working, possibly being a subcontractor, on the construction of pavement of Suvarnabhumi airport through his company:

http://vinciconsulting.net/index2.html

which was registered on the same address in BKK as his home address.

Also, the speculations about Russians and/or mafia are absurd as there's no report whatsoever that Mr. Keienburg was involved with Russian companies or people from Russia.

He did business with Indian companies and/or Indian people, USA- and Italian-Thai companies, next to his (failed?) set up with Malaysia.

So far we don't know anything except that he's dead.

LaoPo

I am astonished how many members here still see everything through their western judeo-christian moralistic goggles, distorting everything.

Yes, stories change in the news.

This is because in Thailand, there is much better flow of information between investigators and journalists. A few baht probably help.

So the investigators will tell the journalists what they believe at that moment - what is written is TRUE in the way that it is what the interviewed investigator believed at that moment.

Of course, in the west, since we are so obsessed about absolute truths, we won't know anything until everything has been ascertained (and censored). We won't even probably know the name of the victim, what his wife said, etc.

Obviously, that information in the west is not meant to be known to ordinary people, it is a "secret"...

How ridiculous is that, you can guess.

Secondly, yes, Thai media show gory stuff, while in our western media, the journalists sometimes reluctantly admit that people died, before changing the subject to the much more safe topic of which starlet fuc_ked with which other celebrity.

Only recently governments decided to show horror-pictures of what tobacco does to lungs, which kind of cancer can be caused, and in the fight against car accidents, images of dismembered bodies are shown even to kids.

Don't you think our stupid youth would be more reality-conscious if they saw "more" of reality?

I still could rant for great lengths, but try for once to see how unbalanced we are in most things!

and about the case:

I am really puzzled about the laptop.

It has been torn apart, really violently.

The victims agenda, for example, is missing no pages and doesn't show visible signs of an explosion.

Then the victim is not leaned against a tree or near one, he is prone with his body above the navel missing.

So... the laptop and the upper body must have been very close at the time of the explosion.

The legs are not damaged.

So there are only 2 positions I could imagine:

The guy laying down, prone, in front of his laptop, and then the laptop explodes.

OR

The laptop is in his rucksack (the rucksack has been totally destroyed too, a strap has been found) and detonated there. Or something else detonated, very close to the laptop.

But the laptop's metal armatures seem to have been bent from the inside to the outside, I'd bet the bomb was in his laptop.

How much C4 or similar explosive can be put into a laptop? Would the quantity be enough to cause such a blast?

I'd put my money on the laptop (or something else very close to the laptop) exploding in his rucksack while he was walking, that's why he body was found prone and not near a tree, the blast pushed him forward.

Another possibility is that he purchased a grenade to blast something/someone else, and it detonated in his rucksack instead.

So...

if it was the laptop: who had access to his laptop or rucksack that day?

if it was a grenade in the rucksack - unfortunate accident.

Edited by manarak

About the rigged bomb theory: how would the perp know when the thing had to explode?

Maybe the victim has his rucksack and laptop in the trunk of his car while driving?

Even if the rucksack was on the other front seat, there was no guarantee that the blast would kill the victim?

It was being said the victim was to meet others at that place in the woods... rather a strange place for meeting.

Has the explosive been added there into his rucksack?

The corpse was found facing which direction? towards his car?

hmmm..

...... he is prone with his body above the navel missing.

Incorrect; his body was intact from the breast downwards; video images.

LaoPo

well, I saw the images too and there was not much of his upper body remaining. If I change navel to ten centimeters above navel, would that be ok with you?

Changes nothing to the fact that the bomb must have been near his head, or rather shoulders.

Edited by manarak

LaoPo

well, I saw the images too and there was not much of his upper body remaining.

1. If I change navel to ten centimeters above navel, would that be ok with you?

2. Changes nothing to the fact that the bomb must have been near his head, or rather shoulders.

1. No

2. correct

LaoPo

LaoPo

well, I saw the images too and there was not much of his upper body remaining. If I change navel to ten centimeters above navel, would that be ok with you?

Changes nothing to the fact that the bomb must have been near his head, or rather shoulders.

Yeah,right,but the lion is roaring all over just because it have nothing else to do.And always right.querelator

If the same inept investigators who investigated the mysterious deaths of the farang women in Phi Phi are involved, then it could all be rather simple:

'It was something he ate.' There, end of story, no body loses any face (except the deceased, literally), and it poses the least possible impact on tourism numbers.

Seriously though, such macabre deaths happen in Thailand, then are duly discussed here on T.Visa. Many interesting and plausible speculations are put forth, yet the wiser folk amongst us say, "Just wait. Stop all this silly speculation, as we don't really know anything of substance. Wait until the experts accumulate and analyze all the data, and then come forth with their report."

Problem is rarely, if ever, is there a thoughtful and thorough investigation in the first place. And rarer still, does a published analysis of all the known facts come forth later.

Instead, we're treated with cover ups, red-herrings, simplistic (and often stupid) assumptions from authorities, and sloppy investigative work.

Saving Thailand's reputation (what's left of it), and doing all possible to avoid tourism from flagging, is paramount among authorities. Oh, and certainly, let's not allow any Thai person to lose face - that's also paramount.

Perhaps farang should have a standing investigative group, which is available anytime, to step up and investigate a crime or suicide involving farang. The group could work shoulder to shoulder alongside Thai investigators (hoping the latter don't mess up clues or stymie leads/interviews). Of course it couldn't happen. This is Thailand, and no self respecting police force would tolerate a group of farang sticking their pointy noses in their biz on their turf. BTW, the farang investigative force could be either volunteer, or supplemented with donations/dues from fellow farang.

What to call it? How about FRF (farang rak farang)

It was being said the victim was to meet others at that place in the woods... rather a strange place for meeting.

Where ? :)

LaoPo

ah, now I read it was part of the original police speculations about a remote control - they lured him there, attached the thing and detonated it with a remote... so there had to be a meeting, right?

About the navel, I checked the pics again (seems it is not allowed to post them here), but on his back, there are less than 10cm of the red shirt left. Due to the grain of the vid, it is not possible to say much, but there seems to be much more tissue left on his front than on his back.

The grenade seems confirmed, since police claims they found an M33 clip on the scene.

M33 has a lethality radius of 15 meters and a 4 or 5 seconds fuse.

But who commits suicide wearing a backpack and putting the grenade in the backpack?

Another loose end is why he went to that location if it wasn't to meet someone?

Edited by manarak

Where ? :)

LaoPo

ah, now I read it was part of the original police speculations about a remote control - they lured him there, attached the thing and detonated it with a remote... so there had to be a meeting, right?

About the navel, I checked the pics again (seems it is not allowed to post them here), but on his back, there are less than 10cm of the red shirt left. Due to the grain of the vid, it is not possible to say much, but there seems to be much more tissue left on his front than on his back.

The grenade seems confirmed, since police claims they found an M33 clip on the scene.

M33 has a lethality radius of 15 meters and a 4 or 5 seconds fuse.

But who commits suicide wearing a backpack and putting the grenade in the backpack?

Another loose end is why he went to that location if it wasn't to meet someone?

You seem to be showing off very similar skills to the Thai investigators... :D

they should check the cameras at the entrance of the highway if he was really alone in the car

then... umm... the location they pinpointed on google maps doesn't look like the location that can be seen in the video...

I find it hard to believe this is a suicide. Businessmen are used to coming up against obstacles, and find ways round them. Having a problem with financing a project is a common problem and committing suicide is not a way round it! Doing business on your own account in Thailand is risky, especially if there are large amounts of money involved and you are treading on other peoples toes. Also commiting suicide in this manner? The guy was obviously doing ok; I mean you don't need alot of money to have a good life here and if he had money problems he could have downsized his life. This is all sounds rather fishy to me.

The police trying to explain it away as a suicide is an easy way to solve the crime without having to deal with another party who may be more powerful than them!

German likely committed suicide: police

By THANASAP NOISA-ARD,

PREEVADI VICHAIPRASIT

THE NATION ON SUNDAY

Published on August 23, 2009

Failure in business and debts may have led engineer to take own life

Police are now considering suicide as the cause of death of a German engineer whose mutilated body, following a grenade explosion, was found in a rubber plantation in Chon Buri's |Bang Lamung district on Friday morning.

What a shame ! I knew it ... Suicide my ass :)

If it was an M33 grenade in his backpack then why no damage to the tree that he is lying next to? As the shrapnel would tear very visible holes in the tree at that close range but there are no gashes in that tree?

Just a thought.

But WHERE is his Handy / Mobilephone!!! The most people put it in the pants. But here???? No Businessman without it!!! :)

And nobody take the notebook with if him want kill himself!!! Because nobody take something with what him not need!!! But where is the Handy??? Everybody in Thailand need it. Special if you are in business. And they don't find it in the car!!!

Where is it??????????????????

Question that always bothers me is: If that Thai police were what many of you are insinuation "Lying" why on earth would they even let us/anyone know this guy had been killed in this way. If you were a witness to this and these very bad guys that you make them out to be told you "shut it or else" would you go running to the newspapers or whisper a word? Very easy for them to just list this death as a dissapearence and not have to answer any questions to anyone,,,after all they are according to many of you all corrupt liars :) ....I think some of you should get a grip on reality and face facts that they are looking at all possibilities like all investigators do throughout the world..only in most other countries they don't make public what they are doing. Right or wrong this is Thailand not the US of A or Bonnie Scotland.

Edited by George4

Question that always bothers me is: If that Thai police were what many of you are insinuation "Lying" why on earth would they even let us/anyone know this guy had been killed in this way. If you were a witness to this and these very bad guys that you make them out to be told you "shut it or else" would you go running to the newspapers or whisper a word? Very easy for them to just list this death as a dissapearence and not have to answer any questions to anyone,,,after all they are according to many of you all corrupt liars :) ....I think some of you should get a grip on reality and face facts that they are looking at all possibilities like all investigators do throughout the world..only in most other countries they don't make public what they are doing. Right or wrong this is Thailand not the US of A or Bonnie Scotland.

Don't need to be a Sherlock Holmes to understand that this kind of execution is a message to others....A bloody message made by very powerful people who can buy police , judges and anything else.

German likely committed suicide: police

By THANASAP NOISA-ARD,

PREEVADI VICHAIPRASIT

THE NATION ON SUNDAY

Published on August 23, 2009

Failure in business and debts may have led engineer to take own life

Police are now considering suicide as the cause of death of a German engineer whose mutilated body, following a grenade explosion, was found in a rubber plantation in Chon Buri's |Bang Lamung district on Friday morning.

What a shame ! I knew it ... Suicide my ass :)

do you think the woman did it ?