Where Can I Buy Magicjack In Thailand?

Ilovebangkok

I bought a magicjack when I was in the USA last month and it works great. I'm in Bangkok now and the calls to my friends in the USA are very clear. The problem is all my thai friends want one too. Does anyone know where I can buy it in bangkok? My friend in the US says there's a company called Wolfcom that is the exclusive distributor of magicjack in thailand but i can't find them. I went to all the department stores and even walked all the floors at MBK and Paragon mall. I even looked for it at 711 and in Bangkok Post. Does anyone know anyplace in thailand that sells it?

Been using the mj for about a year now and love it also. You may have to go to magicjack.com and order one the express only takes about two weeks to get here from the US. Just remind your friends that they need to select a phone # ....in the US

There is no local distributor so those may be bogus. You have to buy direct from magicjack.com and ship to here. Best to use a US address and reship to Thailand. Opt for the 5 year plan - as it's the cheapest. It includes the magickack plus you'll have the same number for 5 years - about $100. I love it!tongue.gif

Is it only for calling the US?
YES! magicJack allows you to call almost anywhere in the world.

* Call from your magicJack from any country to the U.S. and Canada and the call is free.

* Call from a magicJack to a magicJack in any country and the call is free.

* Call from the U.S. or Canada to the U.S. or Canada and the call is free.

* Call from your magicJack to another country, other than the U.S. or Canada, and you must prepay for international minutes.

magicjack site

I have a friend here in Thailand who says you can't buy MagicJack outside of the U.S. and get to call the U.S. free, because you need a U.S. number, which you dial here to reach anyone there free. I hope I have that right. In my case, I wanted to buy it in the U.S. when I returned this spring, but the Radio Shack rep didn't know his butt from the proverbial hole in the ground and convinced me I couldn't use it out of the country. I now know better, but I have to wait until next spring. BTW, I make many calls to 800 numbers in the U.S. and they're free if you have Skype. Another provider I heard about is Smartvoip, based in England, where you can call the U.S. and some other countries FREE, once you buy a block of time(around $18U.S.) from them. Their per minute charges are .5c, but I haven't a clue as to how much that is(probably refers to the euro).

I bought a magicjack when I was in the USA last month and it works great. I'm in Bangkok now and the calls to my friends in the USA are very clear. The problem is all my thai friends want one too. Does anyone know where I can buy it in bangkok? My friend in the US says there's a company called Wolfcom that is the exclusive distributor of magicjack in thailand but i can't find them. I went to all the department stores and even walked all the floors at MBK and Paragon mall. I even looked for it at 711 and in Bangkok Post. Does anyone know anyplace in thailand that sells it?

Yes you can buy it in Bangkok. I just got mine last week at the Ploenchit Center off of Suhumvit Rd. My friend took me to buy one. It's not a retail store instead it's a magicjack office. Sorry I don't know the exact address becuz my friend drove me there. I only know it's on the first floor. I'll ask her and post it later. Here's their number 66 2 305 6664. They told me it should be avaiable at Big C, Lotus and Tesco really soon.

If I pass by there agian I'll get there website and post it here. :)

Yes you can buy it in Bangkok. I just got mine last week at the Ploenchit Center off of Suhumvit Rd. My friend took me to buy one. It's not a retail store instead it's a magicjack office. Sorry I don't know the exact address becuz my friend drove me there. I only know it's on the first floor. I'll ask her and post it later. Here's their number 66 2 305 6664. They told me it should be avaiable at Big C, Lotus and Tesco really soon.

Thanks for all your input. I found a booth in Bangkok that sells it. The day after my first post I went walking at the mall and came upon one of those booths that sells cell phones and calling cards. I ask the owner if he brought it in from the US. He told me that a magicjack sales rep just sold it to him an hour before. He had 5 pcs so I bought them all just in case. They were about 2900 bath each. I know its more than what its selling for in the US but I really had no choice.

Hello there,

I found my magicJack on a website that shipp al over the world.

The name of the company is voip marketing & sales but the website i think is www.voip-ms.com so trie that one becouse they are cheep and the have msn support if you ad them on MSN adress xxxxx

Good luck now

AS Promised the company that sells the MagicJack is www.wolfcombkk.com

WHew I have to cross the street in the rain to get that.

They are located at Sukhumvit Soi 2 Inside the Ploenchit Center

#1 So if you are in the U.S. and dial to Thailand, you must pre pay for international rates. Does anyone know what these rates are?

#2 Also, can you have your U.S. cell phone (Verizon Wireless) fwd calls to your magic jack?

#3 And last, while in Thai, can you have your magic jack fwd calls to your thai sim card mobile phone number?

:)

#1 So if you are in the U.S. and dial to Thailand, you must pre pay for international rates. Does anyone know what these rates are?

#2 Also, can you have your U.S. cell phone (Verizon Wireless) fwd calls to your magic jack?

#3 And last, while in Thai, can you have your magic jack fwd calls to your thai sim card mobile phone number?

:)

#1 I don't know what the rates are but this is what i did to call Thailand for free when i'm in the states. I registered a magicjack with a USA number. Then I sent the magicjack to my GF in Bangkok. Now whenever i want to call her from the USA, I just usa a regular phone or cell phone and dial the magicjack number. It'll ring in bangkok just like a regular phone and she can pick it up and we'll talk for hours.

#2 Yes i have Verizon and I can forward my calls to my magicjack number. Vice versa, I can also forward my magic jack calls to any phone I want.

#3 I don't think you can forward calls to a thai numer but you can definitley forward calls to any USA or Canadian number.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone. They sell magicjack at MBK in Bangkok now. I saw it being sold at a couple of shops there. I don't know the names of the shop but their on the 4th floor where all the electronics are sold. just walk around and look for a "Magicjack Sold Here" poster. Mine's still work great.

Magic jack is NOT perfect, but it does have one very interesting feature for people who might have formerly lived in Canada or the USA. If you buy a magicjack (I bought mine over one year ago on line in USA) and a friend mails it to you in Thailand or perhaps you can buy it from the new local distributor in Bangkok, you can easily set it up on line while you are in Thailand. You can set it up to have a phone number in your former area code, in or close to the pre fix of the city you previously lived. So due to the not awesome Internet of Thailand it does not always work when you PLACE a call from your computer in Thailand to the USA or Canada (but the price is right) and you can be right by your computer with a magicjack plugged in and it does not ring your dedicated magicjack phone. BUT it has a great VOICEMAIL feature which you set up with your own voice. In my experience the voice mail notification was promptly forwarded to the e-mail address you set up. People can place a call to your "local number" you could be sleeping in Thailand and the magic jack picks it up and takes a good message.

It is an excellent way for you to maintain a "local" phone number for friends, banking and financial / insurance contact FROM USA and they do not realize you are not on American or Canadian soil. When magicjack works the voice quality is superior to deedial or skype in my experience, but it is frustrating to have calls cut off due to either the Internet connection in Thailand or a design flaw with magic jack. If I lived in California I would NOT give up my ATT land line phone to rely ONLY on magicjack. It can be a real money saver in long distance calls, it is a VALUABLE and effective way to keep a "local" USA or Canadian phone presence at a marginal cost.

• 1 month later...

If anyones still interested I thought I'd do a followup. I found the distributor for magicjack in thailand.

Go to their page at www.wolfcombkk.com and scroll to the bottom. There they list the stores in Bangkok that sell the magicjack.

Here I copied and pasted the list from the website:

The MagicJack is Available at these locations:

Amp Mobile

081-722-8833 Maboonkong (MBK) 4 floor

Chan Chai Mobile

02-686-3507 Maboonkong (MBK) 4 floor

I-Ears Accessories

086-611-8810 Maboonkong (MBK) 4 floor

BossCom Co

6/2 Rama 6, Soi 3,

Rongmueng, Patumwan,

Bangkok, 10330

Phone: 02-611-7878 or 08-1-312-3123Public Computer Co

7 IT Mall Fortune,

3rd Floor, Room No. 3R30

Ratchada Road, Dingdaeng

Bangkok 10320

tel: 02-642-0395Sino Mobile Central World 4th Floor Pratunam, Bangkok 02-646-1324

• 13 years later...

I have thought about MJ several times, BUT, I found a alternative  TEXTNOW.COM  offers FREE US phone number and FREE service anywhere your mobile has a DATA or WIFI connections. I use it for my banking as well as inbound / outbound calls - to USA NUMBER SYSTEM (XXX) XXX-XXX ONLY.

In USA, they ALSO offer a FREE sim service

Edited by edwardflory
spelling