Nokia Sense 80

aussieboi

Hope I'm in the correct section here, wondering if anyone has bought a Nokia Sense 80, and what are the good/bad points. I have looked on the net, but the info is in Thai, I can't find this model on the English Nokia site.

It seems that a year or so ago, they sold around the 10/12,000 Baht price, now they are 6,900 Baht, have I got this right??

I like the GPRS feature and the phone seems to have many other good features, the internet/windows stuff is less important to me, but useful ocassionally.

Thanks for any comments.

I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a Nokia Sense 80. There are numerous fakes of Chinese origin with the brand NOKiA as opposed to NOKIA, but I couldn't even find one of those. There is, however, an i-Mobile Sense 80. I think i-Mobile is a Thai company, but it may be Chinese, not sure.

Edited by way2muchcoffee

I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a Nokia Sense 80. There are numerous fakes of Chinese origin with the brand NOKiA as opposed to NOKIA, but I couldn't even find one of those. There is, however, an i-Mobile Sense 80. I think i-Mobile is a Thai company, but it may be Chinese, not sure.

Yep, these Chinese clone fones seems to be getting better at deceiving us, I have tried to have a good look at the fone, and the service manual, which is written in very good english, the same as a real Nokia one, even the stickers behind the battery, look more or less identical to the stickers on my current Nokia fone. So, I really can't tell if it's fake or not, and would think it is genuine, but will keep checking.

I was told that, some fones are made in China, but under license from their respective companies, presumably conforming to western standards, but can we ever be sure ???

The quest goes on..