Problem With Sor Por Kor Title Land.

Hello all,

Unfortunatley my first post on this forum isnt a happy one.

Several months ago I purchased 16 rai of land with the Sor Por Kor title around 35kms in from Hua Hin. The land had been sold 4 times previous to my purchase and was waste land, unfarmed when I purchased. I purchased the land for 350,000bht but have since spent a further 600,000bht converting the land into pineapple farmed land and built a modest house for me to reside in.

The problems began when the local village boss sent us to the land office to confirm the sale. Now I 'change' title in the shop before so I wasnt worried by this. However its now apparent that the boss has changed and that the new boss is very by the book. Every piece of land surrounding me has been bought and sold in much the same manner, all without problem, as it would seem goes on all over thailand.

However now the land office want me to go to the Police and report the corrupt transaction and all parties concerned to be locked up by the police. Now i am not keen on this idea as I will be making a big problem for alot of people and i seem to be the only one with the problem. The land office then want me to complete a paper they say, entitling me to stay in the house until I have retreived my investment through pineapple farming. Some advice says go ahead and complete the paper and some says dont do it. I cant help but feel im making a rod for my own back by completing it. They cannot lock solely my girlfriend for the purchase of this type of land?!

I am going to the land office again monday morning so fast informative replies from those with extensive knowledge on the subject or have encountered a similar problem would be greatly appreciated.

For all those in thailand. On the night time news, channel 7, yes that was my house with the blue roof.

Many thanks in advance.

…Several months ago I purchased 16 rai of land with the Sor Por Kor title around 35kms in from Hua Hin…They cannot lock solely my girlfriend for the purchase of this type of land?!...

You did not mention it but let’s assume that you are not a Thai national. Regardless whether you bought the land in your name or whether a Thai national bought it in her name but as you nominee with your money, the purchase was in violation of Thai law and you risk losing your investment. The offer the land office has made you looks like a generous concession.

Whether you are allowed to continue to live in the house on the land in question depends not on the land office but on the proprietor of the house. Who owns the land? Who owns the house?

--

Maestro

Time to speak to the boss of the land office, cant blame him or argue with him at all, so it's time to offer an apology for all the hassle you've caused and talk about how you can both help each other out of this predicament. Having a large envelope and your ATM card handy will also help.

Time to speak to the boss of the land office, cant blame him or argue with him at all, so it's time to offer an apology for all the hassle you've caused and talk about how you can both help each other out of this predicament. Having a large envelope and your ATM card handy will also help.

this is probably the best answer

What's the problem? The land is i n your girlfriend's name, or will be right? 350,000 Baht? Surely you can come up with a loan document to her parents who gifted her the money, or some such device. It's the price of a used car, how hard can it be?

Also, why the hel_l are YOU going to the land department?

Edited by lannarebirth

Also, why the hel_l are YOU going to the land department?

Because it's all his money and he doesn't have a clue about the trouble he's in, Thai law wise. Nowhere does the OP mention consulting a lawyer, either prior to his buying the land or now. He has exposed himself (illegal farming) and his girlfriend (nominee landowner) to the animosity of Thai authorities at a time when they are looking to make examples of the bad farangs grabbing up all the farm land, using a nominee to hold the title, and taking over from the poor Thai farmers.

Hello all,

Unfortunatley my first post on this forum isnt a happy one.

Several months ago I purchased 16 rai of land with the Sor Por Kor title around 35kms in from Hua Hin. The land had been sold 4 times previous to my purchase and was waste land, unfarmed when I purchased. I purchased the land for 350,000bht but have since spent a further 600,000bht converting the land into pineapple farmed land and built a modest house for me to reside in.

The problems began when the local village boss sent us to the land office to confirm the sale. Now I 'change' title in the shop before so I wasnt worried by this. However its now apparent that the boss has changed and that the new boss is very by the book. Every piece of land surrounding me has been bought and sold in much the same manner, all without problem, as it would seem goes on all over thailand.

However now the land office want me to go to the Police and report the corrupt transaction and all parties concerned to be locked up by the police. Now i am not keen on this idea as I will be making a big problem for alot of people and i seem to be the only one with the problem. The land office then want me to complete a paper they say, entitling me to stay in the house until I have retreived my investment through pineapple farming. Some advice says go ahead and complete the paper and some says dont do it. I cant help but feel im making a rod for my own back by completing it. They cannot lock solely my girlfriend for the purchase of this type of land?!

I am going to the land office again monday morning so fast informative replies from those with extensive knowledge on the subject or have encountered a similar problem would be greatly appreciated.

For all those in thailand. On the night time news, channel 7, yes that was my house with the blue roof.

Many thanks in advance.

Would this land actually be the land that is in fact owned by the Queen?