Thailand Same/same? Same/different? Different

How does Thailand rate for thuggery?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From subsvribing to TV News, one could conclude you would have to be a complete risk taker to invest in Thailand and have a death wish to sue anybody in court.

From the recent news of the German who sued then was blown up by C4 to drive by shootings in Phuket and the Brit who was paralysed after suing a HuaHin real estate developer.

Thing is, these events happen in every country even make up the plot of many movies.

----------------

Where would Thailand rank if they made a list of countries that 'unsafe' to do business in, in terms of getting swindled, then attacked for taking out legal action?

a successful investor would choose carefully what sector of economy he wishes to invest in--this is true globally.

the very sad stories that we read about, happened mostly in certain sectors which are also true globally again.

there are many people who have money, experiences, experties and muscles who love this certain segment of economy which is more prone to physical expression and retaliation--which again is similar whether it is in malaysia, indonesia, vietnam, thailand, or japan.

whereas the other set of investors who prefer to invest in a more technical side of the economy, would just walk away cussing and perhaps blaming everyone and everything else, except himself.... whenever he/she lost his shirt or her blouse.... lol

if i were to have no other avenues of receiving news other than what were presented by local news media, i would certainly come to pretty much the same conclusions just like many other posters....

the general economy condition in thailand is certainly not at its best at the moment, every segment suffers to a certain degree.... but we do not see international institutions in thailand withdraw their investment or commitment and dissolve themselves.... yet.... at the moment.

in my opinion, general business conditions in thailand at the moment are quite similar to china's.... whence 'lawlessness' prevailed, and; it is also similar to hongkong's.... before the governmental crackdown on rampant corruption to the highest office....

like many posters already mentioned that little people do not really care about politics or who is running the country, they just want to be sure that there is food on the table and that there is sufficient security around them and finally there is a degree of hope for a better future....

most business persons in central and southern part of thailand are savvy commerce traders who could bend with the directions of the wind and they will continue to stay alive regardless if there is another set of new govt or not.... however, general population in the north eastern provinces, which comprises of a larger percentage, are different--they are easier to be persuaded to believe in the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow....

yes, i am just as disheartened and discouraged as many other farang investors in thailand.... but that is quite a normal feeling, when the general income is affected by 15-20%, while the expenditure remains the same....

would i recommend my other farang friends to invest a couple of mil in certain thai industries? you bet.... but surely it would not be in the same industry nor in the same geographical location as many posters have insightfully pointed out....

many years ago, my father's rage over my inactivity during depression still ricocheting in my ears.... knucklehead.... there is always money to be made.... just go out -- buy low and sell high.... lol

Edited by nakachalet