Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^HM - what's episode 3 about? (brief summary - in Pattaya or???)

Don't want to spoil it for others but it is a lot about Pattaya and includes the sentencing of an Australian man accussed of possession of ecstasy tablets. There is also a sequence where I lose my temper a bit.

^HM, good enough mate! Curious are all the episodes completed? I'm guessing, but I assume you get advanced copies?

They are basically fully completed on the day of transmission believe it or not. Episode 2 was delivered on Monday Morning!!!!

I don't get advanced copies from the production company but from a source connected with the program but I doubt I will get advanced copies after episode 3 unfortuantely. The copy I have is classed as a rough cut and does not contain some graphics and end titles and the voice over is a temporary one done by the editor. By the way am I the only one who thinks the voice over guys voice is really annoying......even more than mine!!!

I know this is a Brit show and all, so obviously focused on Brits... but I wonder, for those of you who live in the main tourist areas... do you see a proportionate number of Americans getting themselves into the same situations? Honest question, because it has been my experience in Bangkok that American Expats lay a bit lower (dam_n I'd love to meet more, but I just never meet any when I'm out, mostly Brits and Aussies).... This isn't Brit-bashing, just an honest question. Or maybe there are just fewer American tourists/expats?

Re: the 'series' if you can call it that - dang there are some real dumb-asses that come to this country.... Tourist towns have gone downhill since I've been here 7+ years, and I don't see much, if any, improvement... sad, really, because Thailand had potential.... like a zillion years ago.... but now, greed greed greed... but understandably frustration too... can you imagine being a cop on walking street, seeing THE SAME <deleted> over and over again every single night every day of the year???? hel_l.

^HM, good enough mate! Curious are all the episodes completed? I'm guessing, but I assume you get advanced copies?

<snip>

By the way am I the only one who thinks the voice over guys voice is really annoying......even more than mine!!!

No, & he still can't pronounce Phuket! :D

Howard,

I agree with jcon's last line.

Do the Thai cops tar all of us with the same brush?

If they do, it's understandable. :)

Don't want to spoil it for others but it is a lot about Pattaya and includes the sentencing of an Australian man accussed of possession of ecstasy tablets.

There is also a sequence where I lose my temper a bit.

That wouldn't be the first time Mr. Howard Miller, would it ? <snip>

LaoPo

Don't want to spoil it for others but it is a lot about Pattaya and includes the sentencing of an Australian man accussed of possession of ecstasy tablets.

That wouldn't be the first time Mr. Howard Miller, would it ? ...<snip>

LaoPo

Leopoo.

Methinks that you are stalking Mr. Miller. That's not nice! :)

I think most members agreed with his comment.... no one else appeared to take umbridge :D

LaoPo

Leopoo.

Methinks that you are stalking Mr. Miller. That's not nice! :D

I think most members agreed with his comment.... no one else appeared to take umbridge :D

With respect GungaDin, but I don't think you know if most members agreed or not.*

It's Mr. Howard Miller who's telling us "...I lose my temper a bit" and it was also Mr. Miller addressing another member with foul language which I won't repeat again*

For a Brit who's promoting Foreign Tourist Police Volunteers in Pattaya it's not done to lose his temper, no matter the circumstances and use foul language.

He's supposed to express and act in an example position when he writes:

Howard Miller

Group Leader

Foreign Tourist Police Assistants, Pattaya :) ......yeah right.

* The original sentence with his foul language was either removed by the Mods or requested to remove by Mr. Miller himself.

LaoPo

LaoPo

Leopoo.

Methinks that you are stalking Mr. Miller. That's not nice! :)

I agree and think MR Laopo should stop this childish behaviour towards howard.

We are all human and allowed to lose our cool from time to time.

To continually bicker or pick faults with someone, Is somewhat infantile jmho.

It's not about losing OUR control once in a while. We are no police volunteers, losing temper and using foul language. Basta!

Sometimes it's not nice to read the truth. :)

LaoPo

Problem here is that many believe or want to believe the jet ski incident is real.

Many of us down in Patong know JJ.. It was real..

100%..

LL - I don't doubt this goes on all the time and this JJ may be one of the worst for it. However, my only point is that the incident was staged and did not happen "live". I think this JJ said the payment for the damage was negotiated prior to the filming... lol

It's not about losing OUR control once in a while. We are no police volunteers, losing temper and using foul language. Basta!

LaoPo

Police volunteer/ordinary police average worker at 7/11 no difference all human the last time i looked.

Sometimes it's not nice to be singled out either. :D

LaoPo

Agree. Howard Miller and his mob...what a clown. :D

Problem here is that many believe or want to believe the jet ski incident is real.

100%..

LL - I don't doubt this goes on all the time and this JJ may be one of the worst for it. However, my only point is that the incident was staged and did not happen "live". I think this JJ said the payment for the damage was negotiated prior to the filming... lol

Well jj would say that wouldn't he? After all he had just being arrested and at first refused bail.

100%..

It was all a little too convenient wasn't it, just as it was with the girl who got arrested for possession on Phangan? Sensation is needed for this game to work and there are ways to gaurantee it I am sure.

Ok, lets get back to discussing the show. LaoPo, your views on the Tourist Police Volunteers and Mr Miller have been repeated over and over, we get it, now please move on. No use wasting bandwidth with you and Brit repeating the same stuff again and again.

100%..

It was all a little too convenient wasn't it, just as it was with the girl who got arrested for possession on Phangan? Sensation is needed for this game to work and there are ways to gaurantee it I am sure.

I would imagine that there was a considerable amount of filming done and only a small part of it used for each episode.

By saying it was all a little too convenient, You are saying that even the misha section was made up.?

Edited by cyb

Police volunteer/ordinary police average worker at 7/11 no difference all human the last time i looked.

Sometimes it's not nice to be singled out either. :)

Human beings, yes; we all are.

But human beings who chose to work in a certain job, like a policeman, volunteer, judge, military, PM's and other (semi)-officials have a role model, an example function, example position if you like.

Those people are supposed to behave correctly and properly at all times; they are trained (or supposed to be trained) to act like that and certainly not in the way some tourists behave when they are way out of line, shouting, kicking, losing temper and/or using bad language.

Therefore, those officials (and that's what they want to be: an official!) are not allowed to lose their temper or use foul language in all circumstances.

IF they do, they degrade themselves.

LaoPo

I would imagine that there was a considerable amount of filming done and only a small part of it used for each episode.

By saying it was all a little too convenient, You are saying that even the misha section was made up.?

How long have they been filming this series?

I have an iranian friend that i sent the youtube clips to, He e-mailed me about the clip where the ladyboy was seen with the bottle.

He asked how the hel_l do you tell ones like that apart from the real ladies? he looked kind of cute. :)

Must make a note never to turn my back on him again :D

That i am not sure about Since june i believe. But i am sure Howard can tell us that.

That i am not sure about Since june i believe. But i am sure Howard can tell us that.

Have they been filming in Pattaya, Phuket, Samui and Phangan simultaniously with seperate crews or have they been hopping around with the same crew? How many full moon's have they been to?

Edited by enyaw

Will there be any filming in Bangkok?

Never ventured to any of the places filmed in this series so far nor had the desire to, and there is nothing I've seen that will make me change my mind.

The Moon party looks as appealing as eating camel shit.

The idiot who pissed on the taxi/car.

When he started crying I wanted to give him a severe beating.

What a spineless excuse of a man.

The Tourist Police - fair play to them.

I couldn't do it.

Edited by hughben