Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

some in the forum have been asking for contact numbers for the Thai police.

Police Hot line- 1194

Phone Bangkok- 022512981

Via email- www.jaray.police.go.th

The email address can be used to report an incident anomalously,have used it before,positive result!!

Dunno about that mate, by the time the flash animation of the policeman loaded the banks been robbed and three people are dead. Oh the sites all in Thai so not much use to tourists (who would never find it anyway)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard of the pulling.

I say, if this documentation was really "neutral" I dont mind.

But after watching the first episode and the 2nd's trailer.. These case happened before, but the one that they aired were filmed, and over exaggerated for filming and entertainment reason.. These things caused the whole documentation to be 'one sided' for entertainment purpose. Typical nature for a Director.

I would be happier to let it go on air "if" there is a notice on the bottom of the screen or something.

Just funny to me how the Royal Marines stood their being insulted.

A few friends of mine who were Marines would never let JJ go without a punch.

Edited by Seizhin

So what does that mean there wont be any more next week?

How many episodes have already been made? Are these still going to be shown?

The Thai government are pretty good at censoring stuff shown overseas somehow!

There are 8 episodes I heard.

Bravo themselves was wondering of what'll happen to their film.

But anyways, I agree, the government works effectively at times like this but not at a more important time.

These things caused the whole documentation to be 'one sided' for entertainment purpose. Typical nature for a Director.

Uh...did you somehow overlook the title of this documentary? And how on earth could you presume to know anything about the balance of this "whole" documentary when only the first of eight parts have been aired? Jesus!

I think the post explaining how much hot water these kids were going to be in when they got back to their units explains a lot.

Phuketrex:

The news site that we are not allowed to link to on here is reporting that ...

Beautifully put. Nearly croaked laughing when I read that.

Having said that, didn't the filmmaker shoot everything first before releasing the first installment? Surely he knew this was likely to happen (rescinding permits). If he's clever, this is just a marketing ploy to boost the public profile of the series (which has been filmed in its entirety).

Doesnt make much sense... all the footage should be complete for some time. Sure the editing has been done, but the releases should all be there already. I think show is just hyping itself up more - the show thailand does not want you to see. LOL Anyways I'm assuming the people with grey blobs on them didnt sign the releases.

There is a perplexing paragraph in that linked article:

Only the jetski operator can say for sure whether there was real damage to the jetski or whether it was a scam: a tourist who fails to detect damage before taking out a jetski is urged to pay a high price for a small, preexisting mark when the jetski is returned.

Jet skiis don't touch anything but water. And you rent them while they are in the water (no possibility of scratching from the sand on launching the craft), so how can there be ANY DAMAGE if you don't hit something or someone? The driver of the jet ski sure as <deleted> knows if he crashed into another jet ski or a log.

If there is damage that the operator is claiming and you the driver didn't hit anything, you know 100 percent what is going on.

I've just watched the first episode on youtube and found it thoroughly entertaining stuff... shook my head in incredulity the entire time... I mean seriously, you go to these places and bad stuff will happen, no?

My sister, back home in England, saw this on Bravo and has told me that she will be spending the 8 days she will be in Patong in the hotel! Told her not to be silly - just be sensible and you'll be fine.

Same rule applies everywhere in the world - Thailand is a great market for the film makers as so many Brits come here and it has so many potential crevasses for people to fall into.

Tread carefully and you'll be OK.

Are these the USMC non-pussies? :)

Thats the first 150 kg US Marine I have ever seen. Irregardless, not much correlation as these guys have been conned into believing they actually did damage the jet ski. Everything is out in the public, not back roomed. There is a Thai cop there, and oh yeah, they do not have a gun being pointed in their face.

So you complain about Royal Marines being pussies when they have a gun pointed in their face but it's ok for US Marines to be pussies even without the gun? :D

That stupid idiot US "marine" made me squirm when I saw him hit his head off the pavement doing his Wai thing to that gutter scum JJ. JJ must have got a ha*d on at the whole thing.

Second episode on tonight and I can't wait.

Crazy isn't it? There has been more official action after 1 episode, which merely filmed the truth, than in the previous 5 years with all of the other problems besetting Thailand's tourism/scam industry.

unbelivable, have you seen that scratch on the jetski???? with some fiber it is easy fixed for around 1-2000 Baht MAXIMUM I dont wanna know how many tourists they scammed already and every idiot paid 30-50000Baht guess they can buy a golden superyacht already. Someone of the government should check the apartments (or VILLAS??) of these guys.....but who in the government is intrested LOL

But chapeau, TAFF US Marines and the WAI was excellent, at least they know the rules in Thailand....so Brits, watch and LERN :):D

what a great worldwide commercial for the PERL OF THE ANDAMAN ....hehe it was 30 years ago maybe.

cheaper to buy a jet ski

… cheaper still not to have anything whatsoever to do with the pestilential machines.

Whilst I am perfectly relaxed at the prospect of the vomitous malignancy jj  :D (who must surely engender deep shame in most Thais) landing in the same Phuket dorm as that disgraceful Taff  :P for the rest of his bottom feeding thugdays, I also don’t give a fruit fly’s f*rt that his puerile t*sser victims are being squeezed daily till the pip squeaks, nay howls! Serves them bl**dy well right. :D:D:D

I’m fed up with the idiots careering around the coastline - frequently after enough alcohol to render them unfit to drive, almost always in an utterly puerile, barely controlled manner, with little visibility or watermanship, self-centred and inane, in utterly mental outbursts of environmental vandalism.  :D

The dam_n things are extremely loud. :D They’re dangerous to swimmers who, to add insult to injury, are told their safety is not guaranteed if they leave their roped off reservations. The exhaust gases not only stink they are also highly toxic, virtually unfiltered and heavier than air so swimmers can get really good lungfulls of them while they linger on the surface before drifting, driven gently by the sea breeze, up the beach to the recliners and shades. You can smell the bl**dy things miles away. :) They should be banned from anywhere within 20 miles of a normal beach. They are infinitely worse than the longtails which are, usually at least, operated by boatsmen who know what they’re doing.

Chuffed to nuts. They’re all getting what they deserve, every single one of them, the now jailed jj :D and his victims, and a tenth of what I’d give ‘em.

I’m surprised I’m the first to pick up on this angle (although I admit I’ve only read about every 2nd page)-am I really alone in these sentiments? Surely not - ?

/Rant off.  :P

Everyone saying the jetski scene was “scripted” is responding to the obvious fact that it is all very contrived. I know a bit about setting up interviews before the camera rolls to get what you want (therefore not visible ever, even on raw footage). Indeed, the producer chose his mark well – jj was thrilled at the thought of going on TV, understood what was wanted, and as the ultimate braggart and thug couldn’t resist the lure. He performed perfectly before and after the incident. And … I wonder if the interview with him wasn’t perhaps recorded after rather than before the boatshed showdown. It all matched the incident very well :P , and added to the air of the incident being “scripted” for me. The marines however were merely hapless fools disobeying orders :) , but also not used to having TV cameras around, don’t forget that. They just weren’t sure what was REALLY being played out  :D so they remained (their only spark of brilliance) reserved . Very nice for the filming - it kept the main actors down to three, despite the potential for mayhem amongst the extras.

I wish the three could become aware of how pathetic they really look though. Then they might have a chance at change. Sadly that includes the marine (captain? I hardly think so, struck me as more of a sergeant) who proved to be utterly ineffective despite his bravado. “Don’t shout at me” indeed!  :D He needs a few lessons in de-escalation and psychology before he’s sent out on shore patrol again. His body language broadcast confrontation before he’d even opened his mouth. The big black marine with the Americans was far better, far more in control of the situation :D . The bit with the receipt was probably because he’d need it back on board and to prevent any further claims. It also forced the thugs to do something they didn’t really want to (because it’s also hard evidence of a money transfer) :D:D . Something the Brit marine singularly failed to do :D .

Peace to them all :D . They all look and act like they live in hel_l on earth :P

Since my first visit, I’ve always avoided Phuket except for diving, in which case I arrive, dive, and then clear off fast as soon as I’m finished. The place is a disgusting travesty of Thailand which the vile jj embodies perfectly. Even Karon and Kata beaches won't tempt me back. I’ll be trying Kao Lak for diving next year instead.

well one good result, Misha Is home receiving a fine and one year probation. Only to be reunited with that fool of a boyfriend.

Her mother does not blame him in anyway.

I would have being frying his meat and two veg and feeding it to the dogs by now. :)

^Shame was hoping she did a few months banged up! :)

Shame on you brit :D Should have being that idiot boyfriend banged up for dropping her in it.

But i bet it was all stage managed :D

Edited by cyb

^Yes I know, but been entertaining tele!!! :D

Episode 2 was certainly an improvement on the first.

mmmm edited wrong post grrr now smiles not working.

This should have read.

But i bet it was all staged managed :D:)

Edited by cyb

cheaper to buy a jet ski

… cheaper still not to have anything whatsoever to do with the pestilential machines.

Whilst I am perfectly relaxed at the prospect of the vomitous malignancy jj  :D (who must surely engender deep shame in most Thais) landing in the same Phuket dorm as that disgraceful Taff  :P for the rest of his bottom feeding thugdays, I also don’t give a fruit fly’s f*rt that his puerile t*sser victims are being squeezed daily till the pip squeaks, nay howls! Serves them bl**dy well right. :D:D:D

I’m fed up with the idiots careering around the coastline - frequently after enough alcohol to render them unfit to drive, almost always in an utterly puerile, barely controlled manner, with little visibility or watermanship, self-centred and inane, in utterly mental outbursts of environmental vandalism.  :D

The dam_n things are extremely loud. :D They’re dangerous to swimmers who, to add insult to injury, are told their safety is not guaranteed if they leave their roped off reservations. The exhaust gases not only stink they are also highly toxic, virtually unfiltered and heavier than air so swimmers can get really good lungfulls of them while they linger on the surface before drifting, driven gently by the sea breeze, up the beach to the recliners and shades. You can smell the bl**dy things miles away. :) They should be banned from anywhere within 20 miles of a normal beach. They are infinitely worse than the longtails which are, usually at least, operated by boatsmen who know what they’re doing.

Chuffed to nuts. They’re all getting what they deserve, every single one of them, the now jailed jj :D and his victims, and a tenth of what I’d give ‘em.

I’m surprised I’m the first to pick up on this angle (although I admit I’ve only read about every 2nd page)-am I really alone in these sentiments? Surely not - ?

/Rant off.  :P

LOL i agree.....specially with The exhaust gases not only stink they are also highly toxic, virtually unfiltered and heavier than air so swimmers can get really good lungfulls of them while they linger on the surface before drifting, driven gently by the sea breeze,

but instead of banning these poisonous stinkers totally from public beaches, now SMOKING is forbidden on most markets....2000.-Baht FINE.... jupp, Thailand tries hard to catch up with SINGAPORE (((-:

Are these the USMC non-pussies? :)

Thats the first 150 kg US Marine I have ever seen. Irregardless, not much correlation as these guys have been conned into believing they actually did damage the jet ski. Everything is out in the public, not back roomed. There is a Thai cop there, and oh yeah, they do not have a gun being pointed in their face.

So you complain about Royal Marines being pussies when they have a gun pointed in their face but it's ok for US Marines to be pussies even without the gun? :D

Um, no, they are pussies because they paid knowing that they were getting ripped off.