Somtawin School

DaamNaam

Hi there.

Probably been asked before on here (but here goes anyway). Anyone have any info on Somtawin school ? Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers. :)

I can only speak from my own experiences. When my boy reached that age, I went to check out the local schools. I found Somtawin to be very neglectful & careless. The teachers we saw in class seemed not to care what the kids were doing & there seemed little if any discipline. What's more, we were told that there was no homework. We also noted that although the foreign campus is quite new, it already looked old & neglected.

We then went to check on Yamsaard & suffice to say that is where my boy now goes. Not only is there sufficient discipline & well qualified foreign teachers (English in the mornings, Thai in the afternoons), there is also plenty of homework & after school activities. Final note: My boy RUNS to get on board the school bus each morning! He loves it! (Also, whereas we were told that Somtawin would get a swimming pool "soon", Yamsaard has one & uses it a lot!)

I am not a teacher or connected with either school, so this is just my own opinion.

Oh, & the cost is not that different between the two.

Hope this helps!

Hi there.

Probably been asked before on here (but here goes anyway). Anyone have any info on Somtawin school ? Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers. :)

I can only speak from my own experiences. When my boy reached that age, I went to check out the local schools. I found Somtawin to be very neglectful & careless. The teachers we saw in class seemed not to care what the kids were doing & there seemed little if any discipline. What's more, we were told that there was no homework. We also noted that although the foreign campus is quite new, it already looked old & neglected.

We then went to check on Yamsaard & suffice to say that is where my boy now goes. Not only is there sufficient discipline & well qualified foreign teachers (English in the mornings, Thai in the afternoons), there is also plenty of homework & after school activities. Final note: My boy RUNS to get on board the school bus each morning! He loves it! (Also, whereas we were told that Somtawin would get a swimming pool "soon", Yamsaard has one & uses it a lot!)

I am not a teacher or connected with either school, so this is just my own opinion.

Oh, & the cost is not that different between the two.

Hope this helps!

Yes it all helps.

Thank you very much.

Will have a look at the schools themselves next week when we are there.

Does Yamsaard have a website at all ?

Cheers again.

• 3 weeks later...