How To Stay A Couple Of Years

Some background

Goal: Stay in Thailand a couple of years (at least 3)

Work: Do not work. Have no large funds, however I can live comfortable in Thailand on my private investment trading in stocks , forex etc.

I know live in BKK and have a 60-day tourist visa. What would be best way for me to stay as a tourist as long as possible?

After my tourist visa extension (30days), I've to start do visa runs. Can I do visaruns for several years or is there a limitation? Applied for a non-imm B, in my homecountry, however was not granted.

Any input appreciated :o

Some background

Goal: Stay in Thailand a couple of years (at least 3)

Work: Do not work. Have no large funds, however I can live comfortable in Thailand on my private investment trading in stocks , forex etc.

I know live in BKK and have a 60-day tourist visa. What would be best way for me to stay as a tourist as long as possible?

After my tourist visa extension (30days), I've to start do visa runs. Can I do visaruns for several years or is there a limitation? Applied for a non-imm B, in my homecountry, however was not granted.

Any input appreciated :o

You'd be a fringe dweller.

You have no grounds for long stay in Thailand i.e retirement/marriage/investment..............the best you can do is obtain a double entry tourist visa (triple entry if possible ) before leaving home this will give you either 6 or 9 months stay (with 30 day extensions and border runs) then you would need to do a trip to a Thai Embassy/Consulate in a neighbouring country (Penang Malaysia is the normal choice) to obtain a new double entry tourist visa............i can see you getting through the first 2 years without much problem but the Embassy might ask why you have so many back to back tourist visa's at some point. I dont think i would like the prospect of 30 day border runs for the next 3 years notwithstanding the fact that there may come a time when you will not be granted a 30 day stamp.

On a humerous note.

If you stay here three years, how can you resist the locals. You are probably married soon, so you can have a visa 'O'. :D

Ive managed 7 years so far without succumbing (sp?) to marriage.........mind you if Hull (Consulate UK) knock the Non Imm's on the head i might have to marry the old biddy! :o

Edited by thaiflyer1

On a humerous note.

If you stay here three years, how can you resist the locals. You are probably married soon, so you can have a visa 'O'. :D

Ive managed 7 years so far without succumbing (sp?) to marriage.........mind you if Hull (Consulate UK) knock the Non Imm's on the head i might have to marry the old biddy! :o

Ole Alan at Hull is a good fellow eh ? :D