2 Drug Traffickers Executed

LaoPo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish no ill by anyone but I am always happy to see drug peddlers taken out of circulation one way or another. :D

So we can expect to see the various heads of the Tobacco Monopoly of Thailand with an intravenous needle sometime soon then can we?

Wake up all you Sun Readers. Cigarettes kill far more people than any other drug, including heroin, anywhere in the world, including Thailand. Only Thailand's government's the pusher. :)

I wish no ill by anyone but I am always happy to see drug peddlers taken out of circulation one way or another. :D

So we can expect to see the various heads of the Tobacco Monopoly of Thailand with an intravenous needle sometime soon then can we?

Wake up all you Sun Readers. Cigarettes kill far more people than any other drug, including heroin, anywhere in the world, including Thailand. Only Thailand's government's the pusher. :)

Im a smoker.

I agree it takes many lifes.

But it is still legal. Maybe not for long, but still is.

Ban the tobacco, and you might use your argument again.

There is a very good question in here.

If the Thais have not executed people sentenced to death for 6+ years, why was that? Why have they started now? and what is it that has changed? Is there more to this than meets the eye? Something has changed after 6+ years.

An impending more draconian conservative approach? I don't know. But I would like to

Maybe it just takes time. Anybody sentenced to death in Thailand can appeal. First at the appeals court, then at the supreme court and if all that is without success they can request for an individual Royal Pardon. All these steps take time so that's why.

If the Thais have not executed people sentenced to death for 6+ years, why was that? Why have they started now? and what is it that has changed? Is there more to this than meets the eye? Something has changed after 6+ years.

An impending more draconian conservative approach? I don't know. But I would like to

Maybe it just takes time. Anybody sentenced to death in Thailand can appeal. First at the appeals court, then at the supreme court and if all that is without success they can request for an individual Royal Pardon. All these steps take time so that's why.

Don't people sit on the so called death rows for years and years in other countries?

Maybe it started to pile up with people waiting here, and the penal authorities pushed for it.

I think all executions should be public.

<snip>

I’ve seen 2 public executions along with a number of amputations and floggings over the years in Arabic countries. It took 4 shots 30 minutes apart to kill the last person I saw executed. Huge cheers went up each time he was shot.

The only thing I did notice was the excitement in the crowd. With crowds cheering and jostling for the best position I can only imagine what roman arenas were like.

With all this happening in public, people are still being caught and sentenced for theft, drugs and murder.

I have my doubts public executions act as a deterrent.

methamphetamine or ya ba is a nasty drug to kick for those addicted. Worse that alcohol or heroin.

No medical use?

Try explaining that to the medical establishment in the US for example where thousands of children are put on amphetamines such as Adderal, Desoxyn etc. because they're looking out of the window in school due to their so called attention deficit disorder.

Yes.In my homecountry it's about 2 of ten ?with ADHD.(attention deficit hyperactivity disorder),or even more.Many of my friends got it from they were 8 or ten years,and non of them will recommend it 2 anyone.But some doctors still give. It's also used to "get slim" amphetamine and vitamins together.We also used it when we where in Angola in 1983/87,When sleeping was no option (had it in the medkit ).It really messed you up for 2 or three days after you stopped. It's not a good,but can be used when needed.It is kind of an "evil necessity".And at some medschools students use it to fullfill their examination. <h1 id="title">

</h1>

<snip>

I’ve seen 2 public executions along with a number of amputations and floggings over the years in Arabic countries. It took 4 shots 30 minutes apart to kill the last person I saw executed. Huge cheers went up each time he was shot.

The only thing I did notice was the excitement in the crowd. With crowds cheering and jostling for the best position I can only imagine what roman arenas were like.

With all this happening in public, people are still being caught and sentenced for theft, drugs and murder.

Read again, I purposely stated that it should NOT be in stadiums, parks etc, with live audience that cheers.

<snip>

I've seen 2 public executions along with a number of amputations and floggings over the years in Arabic countries. It took 4 shots 30 minutes apart to kill the last person I saw executed. Huge cheers went up each time he was shot.

Read again, I purposely stated that it should NOT be in stadiums, parks etc, with live audience that cheers.

If people are watching it live on TV or live in a staduim it makes little difference. They are still watching it.

It's like watching football at the ground or watching it on UBC - It still generates the same emotions.

Negative emotions in this case.

Not a good idea.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Whilst there are occasionally crimes reported were my gut reaction is that the perpetrators should hang, I still think that the best deterrent / punishment is life in prison. I've said this before on TV but I'll say it again. I cannot imagine anything worse than being locked up in a cell without hope, ambition, dreams for the future etc, with every day a carbon copy of the previous. IMHO a life sentence which actually means life is a greater punishment than a death sentence.

Agree.

Maybe but I doubt it. Assuming a consistent sentencing rate, this would not explain the 6 year hiaitus.

I have businesses in Africa - and have seen what a total lack of discipline has done to some very proud nations, HIV, et al, has decimated millions.

As has every other drug known to man, ultimately contributed to their malaise. Diametrically opposite is Singapore - love Harry's Bar.

Maybe its because they know something about discipline, and dont want to turn their City/State into a toilet, any time soon.

In LA, every liberal I know became a raving, death-penalty, 3 strikes, ya out, right wing conservative convert, exactly one nanosecond after being

mugged at the local ATM - many didnt make it and went straight to the morgue. 90% of the muggings were to feed a habit.

Ya have to be in the trenches, minus the rose tinted Woodstock shades, to witness the trauma & tragedy - I lost a Japanese partner to horse.

Ya dont need my URL's - George dont have enough HDD space - try Google - its free. Get a TV also.

Africa might become the lost Continent - again - the global financial impact has taken them back another 20/30 years, they dont have the capacity to

recover from HIV/AIDS, HINI has not yet established a beachhead, and coupled with TB, malaria, et al, it looks real bleak. Crime & disease. Lethal

Ya want that for Thailand?!

The Whiskey was especially sweet tonite.

I wonder why they chose to execute convicted drug dealers rather than convicted murderers ?

Hopefully, it will be the murderers turn next, in fact, they ought to expedite the deaths of all those on death row - once their appeals have failed of course.

Once their appeals have failed of course" God you sound almost humain :)

Edited by Britannia

Unfortunately it are always the big bosses that escape prosecution.

Very true a sad fact of life Mario.

Although that is a fact, they (the bosses) are still not the ones smuggling it, and get caught.

Im pretty sure all the criminals related to drugs here, are aware of the punishment if they get caught.

It is a choice they take.

Nomatter what level in the organization they belong.

Sure agree with you but there is one difference. The bosses as we call them are normally very rich people who can not overcome their greed and quest for power. The smugglers normally have a need for cash (money) in their minds that is. Often the bosses are high ranking public figures, GREED AGAINST NEED. Who to hang?

I hadn't realised that Thailand had stopped executions. That was one of the good things in Thailand. Not like the softies back in Europe that always plead that the serial killer had a bad upbringing and not really his fault. I would like to see the UK re-instate the death penalty for drugs, murder and terrorism.

if you break the law you take the penalty.

I am sure there would be long queue for the job of executioner, after all, just another job.

I have businesses in Africa - and have seen what a total lack of discipline has done to some very proud nations, HIV, et al, has decimated millions.

As has every other drug known to man, ultimately contributed to their malaise. Diametrically opposite is Singapore - love Harry's Bar.

Maybe its because they know something about discipline, and dont want to turn their City/State into a toilet, any time soon.

In LA, every liberal I know became a raving, death-penalty, 3 strikes, ya out, right wing conservative convert, exactly one nanosecond after being

mugged at the local ATM - many didnt make it and went straight to the morgue. 90% of the muggings were to feed a habit.

Ya have to be in the trenches, minus the rose tinted Woodstock shades, to witness the trauma & tragedy - I lost a Japanese partner to horse.

Ya dont need my URL's - George dont have enough HDD space - try Google - its free. Get a TV also.

Africa might become the lost Continent - again - the global financial impact has taken them back another 20/30 years, they dont have the capacity to

recover from HIV/AIDS, HINI has not yet established a beachhead, and coupled with TB, malaria, et al, it looks real bleak. Crime & disease. Lethal

Ya want that for Thailand?!

The Whiskey was especially sweet tonite.

Great, fine, no remorse for the dealers.

But I have seen way to many 'Whiskey' related deaths here to give this legal DRUG a pass.

Seen far fewer incidents of trouble from pot smokers, who tend to be mellow, and tend not to be thieves.

Rose colored Woodstock glasses or not. Not sure what anti-liberal rants have to do with enforcing existing laws.

Liberals tend to not want onerous laws that don't ultimately stop crimes.

But are also not anti-Law and Order either.

Lock em up in a too small box for eternity for serious drug dealings, not an issue.

Speed kills, and yabaa is worse.

Top them officially for heinous crimes like murder/rape of children, got little issue there.

But letting them rot in a wet cell for a LONG time works too.

I think 'till end of life in Bangkok Hilton' would be worse than the sleepy needle for these guys.

But one issue is escapes, in which your typical nutter escapee usually creates massive carnage

in a short time till caught again. This is NOT what we want from our incarcerated pathological killers.

That is hardly the point - a great proportion of modern society realizes this and is able to process the liberty given us. A great many who lack such 'disciplinary' skills cannot!!

Hence our very liberal 'Freedom of' laws - its because of our ability to act rationally. I remember the English - who would murder +50 people at a soccer game!! Yes - at a game!!

These blood suckers know exactly what they are doing - how many deaths, destroyed lives they have left behind. For my money the death process is way too easy.

I would toss them in a cage with a bunch of hungry hyena or lion - tear them limb from limb, in public - watch drug dealers go out of style quickly.

Buying any garbage, in a baggie, from some douche, on a sidewalk, has to be delusional. It is gonna kill ya - sooner than later. At least my Whiskey has Uncle Sam's blessing/tax

We appear to have lost the plot here - we have no discipline anymore, constantly blame it on others - is it small wonder that guys like Dr Phil are overworked?

The axe murderer claims he got spanked as a child!! NOT!! - not enough spanking, probably. Discipline & love are synonymous.

If one lets ones child do anything - there is obviously no caring or love. same/same with our society as a whole today - we dont care - we lost the love, the discipline.

Liberal thinkers are great - liberal politicians are scum - like their druggie brethren - they would destroy society to appease their fallow egos.

But I have seen way to many 'Whiskey' related deaths here to give this legal DRUG a pass.

Hence our very liberal 'Freedom of' laws - its because of our ability to act rationally. I remember the English - who would murder +50 people at a soccer game!! Yes - at a game!!

Are you sure you weren't sucking the crack-pipe when you wrote this rant? :)

This seems to be a topic more about emotions and less about facts for some.

That is hardly the point - a great proportion of modern society realizes this and is able to process the liberty given us. A great many who lack such 'disciplinary' skills cannot!!

These blood suckers know exactly what they are doing - how many deaths, destroyed lives they have left behind. For my money the death process is way too easy.

I would toss them in a cage with a bunch of hungry hyena or lion - tear them limb from limb, in public - watch drug dealers go out of style quickly.

Buying any garbage, in a baggie, from some douche, on a sidewalk, has to be delusional. It is gonna kill ya - sooner than later. At least my Whiskey has Uncle Sam's blessing/tax

We appear to have lost the plot here - we have no discipline anymore, constantly blame it on others - is it small wonder that guys like Dr Phil are overworked?

The axe murderer claims he got spanked as a child!! NOT!! - not enough spanking, probably. Discipline & love are synonymous.

If one lets ones child do anything - there is obviously no caring or love. same/same with our society as a whole today - we dont care - we lost the love, the discipline.

Liberal thinkers are great - liberal politicians are scum - like their druggie brethren - they would destroy society to appease their fallow egos.

You are obviously talking as the royal "we" :)

I hadn't realised that Thailand had stopped executions. That was one of the good things in Thailand. Not like the softies back in Europe that always plead that the serial killer had a bad upbringing and not really his fault. I would like to see the UK re-instate the death penalty for drugs, murder and terrorism.

if you break the law you take the penalty.

I am sure there would be long queue for the job of executioner, after all, just another job.

I find it very hard to understand this kind of mindset.

Breakingnews

2 drug traffickers executed

Published on August 24, 2009

Two drug traffickers on death row received lethal injections yesterday evening.

They were Bundit Charoenwanich, 45, and Jirawat Phumpruek, 52.

Both were arrested on March 29, 2001 for having 114,219 methamphetamine tablets in possession.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 24 August 2009

LaoPo

It was for our personal use officer..... :):D

You reap what you sow. They knew the risks .. and the consequences.

I reckon these as always are the small fry and the big fat sharks swim free...perhaps aided on their way by others in high authority.

Little goes on without the boys with brass not knowing ....and maybe even getting involved.???

It may be worth listening to the Thai perspective on this particular execution. Three injections were administered, the first to make them sleep, the second to stop the heart, not sure about the third. But the Thai's say they died sabai sabai. And furthermore, a LARGE amount of the profits they made through their drug-running have not been recovered.

Try Google - its not that tough - 1989 - Sheffield - UK - 95 killed - no crack here, possibly your end.

This seems to be a topic more about emotions and less about facts for some.

Numbnuts,

The 'Sheffield' incident to which you refer was not 'murder', it was a crowd control problem that resulted in the tragic deaths of many football supporters.

And what it has to do with execution of Thai drug dealers is frankly beyond the grasp of any reasonable mind.

Furthermore, being an American I would imagine you are aware that the original consitition of the United States of America as drawn up by the forefathers stated that any citizen could take any drug that they chose to take. It was not until the Harisson act (1914) that drugs began to be controlled in the USA. Prohibition followed some years later.

It seems that prohabition of drugs or alcohol leads to major crime.

GFL.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

It may be worth listening to the Thai perspective on this particular execution. Three injections were administered, the first to make them sleep, the second to stop the heart, not sure about the third. But the Thai's say they died sabai sabai. And furthermore, a LARGE amount of the profits they made through their drug-running have not been recovered.

The Thais follow the USA protocol, the first is sodium piothental to induce general anaesthesia. The second is pancuronium which induces paraysis in the skeletal-striated muscles (it stops breathing), the third is potassium chloride which stops the heart.

It is of note that in the USA there is a challenge to the constitutionality of death by lethal injection on the basis that it may not be painless or humane. Also there are concerns that the chemicals may not be administered correctly - judging by the way Thais manage to louse up most things, this is a bigger risk in Thailand than it is in USA.

If killing people is wrong, killing by the state is also wrong, whatever the attempted justification.

No such thing as dying sabai sabai, that is just &lt;deleted&gt;, both men were likely rightly terrified.

Disgusting and abhorrent to all right-thinking people IMHO.

Unfortunately it are always the big bosses that escape prosecution.

Very true a sad fact of life Mario.

Although that is a fact, they (the bosses) are still not the ones smuggling it, and get caught.

Im pretty sure all the criminals related to drugs here, are aware of the punishment if they get caught.

It is a choice they take.

Nomatter what level in the organization they belong.

That's true. There is no telling how many lives they helped to destroy before they were caught. They need to do more of this IMO. As the saying goes, "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.