Aikido In Phuket

I've got a small group of friends together practicing Aikido and Aiki-jujitsu. I've got over 15 years of training, most of it with Donovan Waite Shihan. We have a matted space to practice on, and some weapons to play with. My friends also study karate, tai chi, MMA, jujitsu, escrima, muay chaiya and other arts.

post-86969-1251124278.jpg

I've got a small group of friends together practicing Aikido and Aiki-jujitsu. I've got over 15 years of training, most of it with Donovan Waite Shihan. We have a matted space to practice on, and some weapons to play with. My friends also study karate, tai chi, MMA, jujitsu, escrima, muay chaiya and other arts.

I could be interested in joining you, if you can handle an aging 'beginner'..? I did do some Aikido at school (40 yrs ago), and I try to keep myself in reasonable shape. Where is your place of practice, and what days do you meet..? I am also away quite a bit, so it would only be the occasional visit.

Wow!

I just heard about one of my male friends, he joined the competition of Jujitsu at Tiger Muai Thai on last Saturday. He has training from this place too.

Didn't know that many people in Phuket are practicing this kind of art a lot. it seems popular....

I could be interested in joining you, if you can handle an aging 'beginner'..? I did do some Aikido at school (40 yrs ago), and I try to keep myself in reasonable shape. Where is your place of practice, and what days do you meet..? I am also away quite a bit, so it would only be the occasional visit.

We meet regularly on Wednesday and Friday night, from 5:45 to 7:30pm. Tonight we're meeting at S-BAC school across from Bangkok Hospital. Usually we meet at Global Martial Arts behind the Toyota dealership on the bypass. Old, young, beginner, or 15th dan, we take all kinds. There are only a few of us so far, but S-BAC school is sponsoring us, and we have encouragement from Fukakusa Shihan, and my teacher Donovan Waite Shihan to do this, so we plan to grow.

Wow!

I just heard about one of my male friends, he joined the competition of Jujitsu at Tiger Muai Thai on last Saturday. He has training from this place too.

Didn't know that many people in Phuket are practicing this kind of art a lot. it seems popular....

I love good Jujitsu. I studied Relson Gracie Jujitsu for a while and it has the same technical qualities as Aikido. It all comes from the same place.