Two Simple Questions In Regards To Thaivisa

IanForbes

I frequent we discuss issues about what is happening all over the globe.

You can Ian, have you ever been Here or Here

But then I guess you have, it can be whole different ball game than Trolling here :D

Thanks for the link, Mossfinn, I'll check it out in more detail later. Right now I have a magazine article that needs editing.

Geeez, just what I need, another forum to waste my time on. :) Thaivisa already cuts down my poductive time by about 3 hours each day. :D

TV is correct. All topics should relate to Thailand somehow. Just imagine how annoying it would be to open treads and then discover they only condern matters in USA? If smeone wants to discuss smething international, they can go to other sites, a massive amount of sites out there.

TV is also a virtual social gathering. Certainly all the mebers have Thailand in common....but it would be like all the members of a church congregation meeting for a picnic and only discussing the Bible; I'm sure it doesn't happen like that. They'd talk about anything, wouldn't they?

It is easy to imagine that some expats in Thailand, isolated from real life caucasian community, pine for intelligent discussion, humour, etc.

I have made friends here....albeit virtual friends, and ironically, the common ground of "Thailand" is only a tenuous connection....there are other interests more in common.

Having said that, I can see the rationale for the restriction and sympathise with the owners/mods/admin.

Perhaps the "Thailand related" rule could be more of a guidline than a steadfast rule to be enforced at all times. Keep the rule in a pidgeon hole to be used if neccessary instead of whenever possible.

There's an irony in this thread too. :)