Kidney Stone

azooba

Stop boozing and drink water for a couple of weeks, you are in for an excruciating experience, but it might teach you to moderate the beer and up the water intake. good luck there is no miracle cure involving lemons, olive oil or rubbing yourself in certain areas

Can't help much, however if your suffering from kidney stones, I'm sure your not going to sit around waiting for any Olive Oil/Lemon Juice combination to disolve the stones.

There are many, many different types of kidney stones. Small ones can often be passed by drinking 5-6 liters of water as quickly as possible. Larger "stag" type stones may need to be broken up using ultrasound, or removed using conventional surgery methods.

If you haven't done so already, suggest you talk to a urologist.

good luck

You need to see a urologist and have this professionally treated. If you let it go untreated, not only are you indulging yourself in some of the worst pain humans can feel (some women who've experienced both say that kidney stones are worse than labour pains), but you risk infections in your urinary tract all the way from your kidneys to your urethra. The only general recommendation I'd make is drink as much water as you possibly can to keep all the passageways lubed and at maximum dilation while some of the stones are passing to the bladder. Buy a tea strainer and start peeing through it once some of the stones reach your bladder (you'll notice over time the pain gets lower until it disappears- this means the stones in the relatively larger bladder). You want to catch a few so the doc can analyze them and tell you what needs changing in your diet.

As waldwolf says, if some stones don't come out, you'll need to have ultrasound or surgery, not olive oil and lemon juice.

I think there *is* some actual method of treating *gall*stones with apple juice or something, but that's a different story.

"Steven"

Go and see the quack.

My nephew had bad pains and after three wrong diagnosis they found it was kidney stones. They had to be removed by surgery, all 110 of them in one kidney. I will repeat that 110 stones in one kidney. He is 24 years old.

I have had just one stone pass thru.

It is a 10hour pain that I will never forget.

A very very very painful experience. As stated already, there are different kinds of stones....Some of them based from calcium oxylates others from uric acid. The key factor is to drink lots of water at regular intervals throughout the day. Large amounts of beer can creates stones as well as foods rich in calciun and protein. Some of us produce stones others do not....If you are in the first category and have experienced the pain, you would know that the best thing to do is to get firs pain relief intravenously at the hospital. get some tests done and maybe schedule for an ultrasound (lithotripsy)...They do not come cheap!!

The other alternative is to drink lots of water and do some exercise, reduce alcohol, coffee, cheese, milk, poultry, red meat....and hope it passes naturally!!

Lemon and olive oil!!!Old wives tales/// :o

yes you got that right!

It happened to me one time - I had the ultrasound treatment. It came on me suddenly - mid afternoon, I was fine going about my day and then within an hour I couldn't move. My doctor told me that almost no-one drinks as much water as they should. I always have water close by, now...

My father-in-law had his kidney stones shattered with the ultrasound after the usual medications didn't work. (still hurts to pass I might add) He has also developed gout, which seems to be related as gout is a concentration of uric acid in the blood stream and kidney stones can be created by a concentration of uric acid (which develop into crystals, then build up into stones) in the kidney.

Agree with everyone here, do not self medicate, see a urologist, and drink lots of water. Continue to do so long after the stones pass as well.

any suggestions...

I've done this kind of cleaning many times and it works BUT for .... gallstones in the liver, not kidneys ! :o I think you got confused a bit here. olive oil or any oil in this regard couldn't possibly go into kidneys anyway. coz all the oils and fats are "processed" and filtered in the liver.....

here is a couple of the many links available :

GALLSTONES CLEANSE

The Liver Flush

A4liver.jpg

000.jpg

regarding kidneys - the simplest method is by eating a lot of watermelon. know it for long time, although never donw myself. but I know people who'd done it themselves and have experience that it does work.

Kidney cleanse

"A kidney cleanse is any procedure that involves drinking a huge amount of liquid, and taking care what you are eating. Just a better diet with more water can sometimes be enough! Any form of bowel cleansing will also help kidneys. Juice fasting is also a kidney cleanse, and any other form of fasting that incorporates a lot of liquids, will in the same time clean a kidney.

The easiest way to do a kidney cleansing is to purchase 20 to 100 pounds of watermelon (few huge melons), sit in a bath filed with water, eat all the watermelon throughout a day (as much as you can), while continually emptying your urinary bladder into the water. In this way, people have dissolved big stones, and then passed small kidney stones out of their body. Note that this kidney cleanse is not suitable for diabetics."

well, perhaps the part of sitting in the bath sitting in the bath thub and urinating into it while continuing sitting - is a bit extreme.... I think could do it (pass urine) in more traditional way :D

Kidney stones

THANKS GUYS..appretiate your suggestions..

actually i don't have any problem,

but family has history of kidney stones (father, elder brother & sister),

so little scared & just wanna be careful,

thought of doing this cleansing method (just as precaution)

thanks anyway...

confused over the kidney vs gall stones thing

I have gallstones.

I heard some hospitals now nuke them with lasers?

Any one heard of this treatment avail in bangkok?

THANKS GUYS..appretiate your suggestions..

actually i don't have any problem,

but family has history of kidney stones (father, elder brother & sister),

so little scared & just wanna be careful,

thought of doing this cleansing method (just as precaution)

thanks anyway...

confused over the kidney vs gall stones thing

I  have gallstones.

I heard some hospitals now nuke them with lasers?

Any one heard of this treatment avail in bangkok?......

Gallstone removal involves a surgical incision into the abdominal cavity (Laparotomy) using either conventional surgical methods or a very small incision and a laser to shatter the stones (Laparoscopic Cholecystotomy). Because of the smaller incisions, the laparoscopic method is a procedure that is less painful and promotes faster healing.

In both cases, the proceedure is performed under general anaesthesia. (They put you to sleep.)

It should be noted that twice as many women, as men, suffer gallblatter attacks and even following removal of gallstones, over 65 percent of suffers will have repeat attacks within 5 years.

Due to risks associated with emergency surgery, removal of the gallblatter (Cholecystectomy) is usually recommended following repeated attacks.

Gallstone and gallblatter surgery is quite common, therefore, most major hospitals are equipped for this proceedure.

As with any serious medical condition, one should always consult a medical professional.

good luck :o

• 4 months later...

gallstones are by-product of bile or gall, which is product of liver; while kidney stones obviously occur in kidneys.

gallstones usually form in the gallbladder; however, they also may form anywhere there is bile--in the intrahepatic, hepatic, common bile, and cystic ducts. Gallstones also may move about within bile, for example, from the gallbladder into the cystic or common duct.

Digestive_system_showing_bile_duct.gifanatomy_liver1.gif

A4gallbl.jpg

and accordingly gallstones are different from kidney stones in composition:

Gallstone is a concretion in the gallbladder or in a bile duct, composed by bile components (cholesterol, calcium salts, and bile pigments ).

kidney stone A small hard mass in the kidney that forms from deposits chiefly of phosphates and urates. Also called nephrolith

there is even whole website with name gallstones which I bet :o successfully makes money on providing remedy for gallstones problem:

http://www.getridofgallstones.com/ and seems like same guys made similar website http://www.getridofkidneystones.com/

although many other sources give free and reliable recepies. :D

apparently bile- or gallstones are hard to operate, because .... they are invinsible to X-ray. yeah, perhaps only visible to "direct" eye contact :D which requires to 'open up' liver and gall bladder and all the connected ducts surgically. but I think it is practically madness to do so if easy and simple methods (in plural - means more than one) are available to get rid of them, done by so many people in the world.

Liver cleanse - Gallbladder cleanse - Liver flush

"Cleansing the liver of gallstones dramatically improves digestion, which is the basis of your whole health. You can expect your allergies to disappear, too, more with each cleanse you do! Incredibly, it also eliminates shoulder, upper arm, and upper back pain. You have more energy and increased sense of well being.

It is the job of the liver to make bile, 1 to 1.5 quarts in a day! The liver is full of tubes (biliary tubing) that deliver the bile to one large tube (the common bile duct). The gallbladder is attached to the common bile duct and acts as a storage reservoir. Eating fat or protein triggers the gallbladder to squeeze itself empty after about twenty minutes, and the stored bile finishes its trip down the common bile duct to the intestine.

For many persons, including children, the biliary tubing is choked with gallstones. Some develop allergies or hives but some have no symptoms. When the gallbladder is scanned or X-rayed nothing is seen. Typically, they are not in the gallbladder. Not only that, most are too small and not calcified, a prerequisite for visibility on an X-ray. There are over half a dozen varieties of gallstones, most of which have cholesterol crystals in them. They can be black, red, white, green or tan colored. The green ones get their color from being coated with bile. Notice in the picture (pg. 545) how many have imbedded unidentified objects. Are they fluke remains? Notice how man are shaped like corks with longitudinal grooves below the tops. We can visualize the blocked bile ducts from such shapes. Other stones are composites- made of many smaller ones- showing that they regrouped in the bile ducts some time after the last cleanse.

At the very center of each stone is found a clump of bacteria, according to scientists, suggesting a dead bit of parasite might have started the stone forming.

As the stones grow and become more numerous the back pressure on the liver causes it to make less bile. Imagine the situation if your garden hose had marbles in it. Much less water would flow, which in turn would decrease the ability of the hose to squirt out the marbles. With gallstones, much less cholesterol leaves the body, and cholesterol levels rise.

Gallstones, being porous, can pick up all the bacteria, cysts, viruses and parasites that are passing through the liver. In this way "nests" of infection are formed, forever supplying the body with fresh bacteria. No stomach infection such as ulcers or intestinal bloating can be cured permanently without removing these gallstones from the liver.

hand180.jpg

• 3 years later...
Hi..

does anyone know how to use

OLIVE OIL + LEMON to get rid of kidney stones or just cleansing purposes ??

Please help..thanks

I know this solution is a bit late but as we all live in Thailand and dehydration is just one of the causes of kidney stones...you might find this cure useful?

You will know for sure if you have kidney stones if you have unbelievable pain from the kidney area and especially blood in your urine. I have also noticed lower back pain especially when you move the leg on the affected side. I had a stone back in 1996 but was lucky enough to pass it. In 2006 I had more following an unbelievable 44 hour trip from Canada to Perth! I had the symptoms described above and having had one before I knew I was in trouble. I tried apple juice....please don't even think about it the pain became so bad that I actually passed out!

I found a cure that really works on the Internet:

Drink 2 litres of Pepsi or Coke doesn't matter which even Diet or Decaff? Drink the lot in 2 hours. The acid in the coke will dissolve the stone(s). You might have to repeat this the next night but it will work on ninety nine percent of all kidney stones. I did it and it works . Now whenever I get a twinge in the kidney area I do the coke trick and the pain and the stones go away. The treatment also recommends eating Asparagus after the coke treatment as this will help to flush out the rubbish left behind in the kidney. You have to boil/steam the asparagus and then shove it through a blender to make a paste before eating.

There are one or two commercial treatments you can buy online that also help cure and prevent such as Uriflow.

Surgery and Ultrasound are the last resort. Use coke first!