Gay Bars And Saunas In Los....

ChrisP

Thanks for that update, Sangsom; I hadn't noticed the mis-labelling. The whole soi, at the two locations you mention, has lots of open bar areas. Do ask for ID before offing anybody who looks under age 35.

You make me laugh:) Asking for an ID? Most of the freelance guys in the center behind the Night Bazaar building are Shan and many of them dont have an ID. Ages . . . well to my surprise also some boys of an estimated 15-16 are wandering around there. Most are however around 20 years I guess very few are older. My oldest catch in 4 years was 28 years of age . . . Most older Asian guys that go there 30-35 are unfortunately looking themselves for a younger mate.

In the other center next to The Peak the boys are (I think) generally Thai and more gay in appearance and behaviour.

Edited by Sangsom

I've just visited a new small sauna in the Saphan Khwai area of Bangkok. I was impressed by the number of customers and young age of the people there.

I was the only farang until another one arrived some minutes after.

There was easily over a 100 young Thai boys there and no one looked older than 35.

The price is 139 TB, it is open from 15:00 to 01:00 am everyday.

Its name is '39 Underground' and it is at the back of a short soi in Thannon Pahonyotin, just down on the W side of the BTS station, opposite the main entrance of Paolo Hospital.

(No action, BTW)

Personal opinion ...... no ID ... leave them right where you met them!

I find this a very unfriendly remark and you seem to lack any feeling for these guys. Have you ever realized how they got ending up without a proper Thai ID? Do you ever think of these guys being exploited in the building sector (among other sectors) by Thais with wages a fraction of what Thais earn and that for hard and often dangerous work?

No I do not agree with you and definitely do not think that the possession of a Thai ID creates a better or more suitable person, no seldom it is the contrary!

You always have to be careful whatever you do and regarding whoever you meet but making the ID a criteria is utter nonsense in my opinion. I know many guys without a Thai ID that are great and reliable human beings (as that is what they primarily are!) but were unfortunately born in say the mountain areas between Thailand and Burma or in that wretched Burma it self. When there is no hope for a better future and it is downright dangerous to live were you were born, than people do whatever they can to find a safe haven despite all the new problems that they encounter there (Thailand). These guys have my 100% full sympathy and whenever I can help them I will do so! I definately will not turn my back on them and leave them where I met them!

For your information I am talking about Chiang Mai not Bangkok! I only know the situation here well enough to judge.

Edited by Sangsom

If I need to clarify my prior post about Peak and the area that includes Jackpot, Cream, Daisy's, etc.: there are countless underage teenagers that ply their trade there, including Hill Tribe, Burmese, Shan, Karen, and non=Hill Tribe males. If you can tell an 18 year old from a 16 year old, you're better than the experts in adolescent development. My statement about "looks under 35" was tongue in cheek, but I'll stand by a revised quote, "looks under 25." Case in point: Bangkok, last month, kid had a real Thai ID card that he was 22, but he looked 13. And sometimes it's almost vice versa.

Sorry to be a bit dim, but (so I can update the Pinned Topic eventually) are we talking about Chiang Mai...? (The Peak.. etc..? ) 'coz I don't know that city.. and don't recognise the Club names.. I assume it's not BKK.. anyway.

ChrisP

about "looks under 35" was tongue in cheek, but I'll stand by a revised quote, "looks under 25." Case in point: Bangkok, last month, kid had a real Thai ID card that he was 22, but he looked 13. And sometimes it's almost vice versa.

From what I hear about "real" ID's I know there seems to be a trade in them with prices ranging from . . . No, no I wont go any further, no need to talk about that stuff, but I just mean to say that one cannot be too sure of the information given on an ID card. Not all is real gold that glitters . . .

There are some very easy ways of estimating someone age. Besides the way they behave and talk, take a look at starting stache and beard grow . . . That is generally an indication that they are older than 18 over here in Asia.

I find more problems -as I fancy guys way over 25 years old - to make a difference between a guy I can "talk" to and yet another customer . . . :o

Edited by Sangsom

Sorry, but I've never seen this boyfriend that's with me again, who is now 38, shave his face in three years together, and I had a 12 year old student with a 'starting mustache.' I used to be practically an expert in adolescent development, and you just can't tell. Meaning, you sometimes can't tell the 12 year old I just used as an example, is younger than the 22 year old in my prior post. By the time you reach 16 to 18, there's just no telling. I saw mustaches across the room on 14 year olds when I taught M2.

Chris, we are talking about Chiang Mai, Night Bazaar. Those are not gogo clubs, but pickup bars or pickup areas, including Chez Nous, Paradise Bar, Daisy's, Cruise, Cream, Jackpot, and several more.

What I meant to say is use your eyes and ears when you make a judgment about age. Facial hair can be a good indication, so is the way they talk or behave. One does not need to be "an expert in adolescent development" to come to a proper conclusion I think.

To refer to the Night Bazaar Bars just as being pickup bars or pickup areas is a bit far fetched. Sure one can pickup a guy there, but where not? Any walking street, shopping mall etc. offers such possibilities alike! Many people I know generally go there for a chat with other expats or with the locals, and yes and sometimes they decide to extend the evening in the company of some guy somewhere else . . . Nothing special about that.

Truth is that most of the non-Thai guys there (and that is the majority in these bars specially the ones in the Bar Beer Center) don't have an ID, but that does not make them criminals or probably under age! In generally they are nicer to look at and more friendly and less demanding than many Thai guys or shall I say Thai fortune hunters :o

Edited by Sangsom

actually ... if they are over 15 they are required by law to have an ID ... so they are criminals ... and the hours and hours someone may (MAY) get to spend explaining that his friend for the evening ....

again .. be smart and be safe !! ((No ID no "private-time")

I agree with JD & PB. Better safe than sorry. In Bangkok, a nice way of asking for ID that is a bit more polite than demanding someone produce one is to ask the fellow to join you for a drink at one of the more well-regulated bar areas (Silom Soi 4, for example) or discos where they almost always check. If he's able to get in there, he's at least 20.

"Steven"

• 3 weeks later...

I've just been a few days in Chiang Mai; these are my appreciations of places I visited:

SPAROMA, very very very difficult to find! Nice large poshy place, almost empty (8 pm saturday); free broadband internet, large parking.

HOUSE of MALES, easy to find. Difficult to park on narrow soi. Very lively (4 pm sunday); no internet, no Finnish sauna. Still 130B. Recommended.

BEER GARDEN at LOTUS, a few farang. Nice place. Stunning waiter at the bar. 125B for a shot of Tia Maria that no even cover the first rock of ice. Good place to sit with friends. BTW, there are some huge internet places around, full of young Thais, at 10B the hour ! (I mean the use of PC)

• 4 years later...

I purchased Fan Club in October 2010 and spent over THB 5 Million renovating it. It no has over 50+ boys and huge private VIP rooms.

I don't think you can rely on this old review to know what its like now. Reviewed as the Best in Bangkok now.

Google Fan Club Massage to find the new website.

In Bangkok, there are two gay discos in Rachadapisek Soi 8, opposite Fortune Town. One, the aptly named Rachada Soi 8 Pub, is just on the left as you enter the soi, while the other GStar is hidden away right at the end on the left at the back of a car park.

Lumsalee (Ram 89/2) has a whole row of gay dance bars which seem to change their names quite often. ICK seems to be longest running of them all.

Kamphengphet Road (near Chatuchak)has several gay bars right by the MRT station, including Greedz and Fake.