Naughty Boy

yabaaaa

Mr Plod says Ive been a very naughty boy yet he doesnt tell me where it was and doesnt know who was driving? :)

Interesting... any idea what the information on the photo means ?

Also, what are they charging you with ? speeding ? jumping lights ?

Would I be correct in guessing whoever the car is registered under receives the charge.

Perhaps its something to do with this...

www.thaivisa.com/forum/Traffic-Red-runners-Fine-Mess-t240771

Traffic: Red-runners Is A Fine Mess - Thailand Forum - More than 75,000 motorists were caught running red lights in the month after traffic cameras went up at city intersections, but less than 5,000 have paid the fine at the 11 designated locations....

Mr Plod says Ive been a very naughty boy yet he doesnt tell me where it was and doesnt know who was driving? :)

Interesting... any idea what the information on the photo means ?

Also, what are they charging you with ? speeding ? jumping lights ?

Would I be correct in guessing whoever the car is registered under receives the charge.

Perhaps its something to do with this...

www.thaivisa.com/forum/Traffic-Red-runners-Fine-Mess-t240771

Traffic: Red-runners Is A Fine Mess - Thailand Forum - More than 75,000 motorists were caught running red lights in the month after traffic cameras went up at city intersections, but less than 5,000 have paid the fine at the 11 designated locations....

Registered to the wife, I think i was driving but cant be sure not really bothered as a paltry fine of 400 baht comapred to the Uk's £60+ and points speed isnt really a safety issue when driving, although all the Uk govt do is tell u speed was relevant in about 75% of accidents etc misleading tripe IMO ignoring driving to close, bad conditions, built up a s opposed to empty motorways etc etc sure some safety campaigner will be along shortly.

Some paperwork came with it Ill ask the wife what it says?? "Bangkok Hilton" for a year I spose :D

Well it was highway 35 Petchaburi marker 74/75 km's out of Bangkok (as a guess about 15-20 km's before you got onto the 4 towards Hua Hin and you were doing 143kmh in a 90 kmh zone. You are indeed a naughty boy. but thanks for posting we now know where the camera is :)

Edited by thaicbr

Not a bad amount at all... I recently received a ticket in Culver City, CA for crossing a red light. It was on a left hand turn and the only way to get through a left turn is on an amber or red light. Additionally they have intentionally shortened the time of the amber to increase ticket revenue. People don't know it but Lockhead Martin installs the lights and keeps 50 percent of revenue. A real scam. Why not have the gov't install and keep all the revenue and lower the fine?

So how much was the ticket? 400 U.S. dollars. <deleted> scam if there ever was one. And traffic school on top of it or you'll pay another few hundred in insurance costs at a minimum.

There will be a lot more of this in coming years with all the broke levels of gov't in the U.S.

Not a bad amount at all... I recently received a ticket in Culver City, CA for crossing a red light. It was on a left hand turn and the only way to get through a left turn is on an amber or red light. Additionally they have intentionally shortened the time of the amber to increase ticket revenue. People don't know it but Lockhead Martin installs the lights and keeps 50 percent of revenue. A real scam. Why not have the gov't install and keep all the revenue and lower the fine?

So how much was the ticket? 400 U.S. dollars. <deleted> scam if there ever was one. And traffic school on top of it or you'll pay another few hundred in insurance costs at a minimum.

There will be a lot more of this in coming years with all the broke levels of gov't in the U.S.

$400??? Sh1t I thought the UK was bad, give me Thailand anyday.

Bit concerning that they have started the camera caper though, once they realise how much money they can make, Gatso's will be popping up all over the place :)

143kmh? In a Honda Tiny?

Tisk, tisk. You must be crazy.

If you want to drive that fast, get yourself a proper car. :)

Yes sorry it wa s just cruising I leave the speed to the gsx1100r sadly I had the sat nav on but get many "speed warnings" and the odd camera at lights never see a sole about when it warns me but there maybe hidden cameras. Thanks for telling me where it was poster above.

I think the OP means 400 Baht - standard fine for moving traffic offence in Thailand.

But might get some points knocked off too!

Do points make prizes?? how many do I need for a cuddly toy?......... seriously Im in the Uk now they dont know who wa s driving and I dont know if they ask ? My wife will pay this I dont know who she will say is driving , up to her.

I hope Thailand doesnt become a s daft as the UK with cameras.