Transferring Uk Pension

I have a pension with Prudential in the UK, only a small amount as I was only contributing for a year or so, but I want to transfer it to a company within Thailand. Prudential have said I can do this but it has to be transferred to a QROPS. Does anyone know a company in Thailand that offers QROPS?

Thanks in advance

I have a pension with Prudential in the UK, only a small amount as I was only contributing for a year or so, but I want to transfer it to a company within Thailand. Prudential have said I can do this but it has to be transferred to a QROPS. Does anyone know a company in Thailand that offers QROPS?

Thanks in advance

Here's a list of companies acceptable by the UK gov.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/PENSIONSCHEMES/qrops-list.htm

None in Thailand, which doesn't surprise me. I don't wish to be too negative about Thailand, but the chances of a pension company here qualifying, or even wishing to qualify and also being "acceptable" is possibly slightly higher than a blizzard in Bangkok.

Maybe these guys can help as well

http://www.qropsguide.com/index.html

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Contact Qrops Adviser, they helped me to transfer my UK pension and I live in Bangkok

I previously work for the Pru on the annuities dept and was certain that it could not be transferred to Thailand, however a recent post stated differently...the O.P. said he had talked to a guy named Scott in Scotland who said he could.....the annuities dept is now based there, you could probably get the number from their U.K. website and although they can not recommend a company they would be able to point you in the right direction.