Police Clearance Certificate, How To Get It?

AleG

Since my passport is running out of pages for stamps I need a new one, my country's embassy in Malaysia tells me that I need a Police Clearance Certificate issued by Thailand as part of the documents I need to deliver. I'm not entirely sure how to get that document and what other documents I should show to get it, how long it takes, how much it costs, etc, etc...

Anyone can shed some light in the subject? It would be a quite a bummer to go to Malaysia and find that it's not the correct certificate or there's something missing...

They are available from the Royal Thai Police, Special Branch

Section 2, Subdivision 3, General Staff Division

Rama I Road

Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Tel 02-205-2605

For and immmigrant visa to the US. The US Embassy state 2 passport photos (but in my experience they take digital pictures at the SB)

original and copy of passport information

ID card if applicable

household registration if applicable

name change if applicable

marriage/divorce certificates if applicable

I know that all of this may not apply to you, but it is a starting point. At the SB you enter and go fairly far inside of a large compound and find their office. Many people walking around can direct you to the right place. You fill out the forms with assistance of a SB officer who will take you to do the pictures. About 30 minutes (depending on the amount of people there, stops a 3-4 desks and your done. Officially there is no fee except for mailing the certificate to you but the last time I went to the SB with my wife, there was an unknown request/suggestion for a 200 Baht fee. It takes 2-3 weeks to arrive in the mail via EMS.

Edit: As an afterthought, could you just get some pages added to your passport? I have a US passport and have added pages twice.

Edited by mmcsusnret

I have done it 2 times for my wife and both times we received it in the mail in about 15 days. You may be able to speed it up by requesting a speedier service, making a "donation" and picking it up in person, but I don't know for sure as I was not in a hurry and living in Phuket makes it difficult to pick it up.

They are available from the Royal Thai Police, Special Branch

Section 2, Subdivision 3, General Staff Division

Rama I Road

Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Tel 02-205-2605

Edit: As an afterthought, could you just get some pages added to your passport? I have a US passport and have added pages twice.

I'm not sure about the adress, is it near the Central World mall? I'm going there today to check.

About the extra pages, I'm not sure if my embassy can do that, and even if they can I'm quite certain that I would have to travel to Kuala Lumpur any way, so I'll just do the full thing and get over with it. :)

Thanks a lot for the info.