7" Touch-screen For Carpc

welo

Hi guys!

I plan to build a car PC ('carputer') to run GPS navigation, video/audio/dvd etc, internet, etc. I am NOT talking about ready-made multimedia systems but a full-blown Windows based computer (check out mp3car.com if you still don't know what I'm talking about).

Does anybody know a store that sells 7" or 8" Touch Screens with VGA-in. The ready-made world-tech systems are pretty kewl but have only video-in not vga-in. Today I've been looking for 2 hrs in Panthip and found only one shop that sold one model of 12" touch screens, looked like a model for shop cashier systems. Eeeeh!

welo

mimo 720s usb touchscreen display.

Thx namoo, looks like a nifty device. Do you know a place in Bangkok that sells these screens?

In the car computer scene Xenarc and Lilliput are well-known brands, but I couldn't find those or similiar ones (like the one you pointed out) in Panthip Plaza.

Of course I can always order online, but I was hoping not having to do that, and maybe even finding some no-name screens from China :)

welo

bump!

I know it's a specific question but is there not one Thaivisa Member out there who is freak enough to put a computer in his car!? :)

I mean, c'mon guys, look at this! Doesn't that look pretty slick! (my car is older though and there is only room for a 7" display).

35032d1158549462-how-make-factory-bezel-pict0494.jpg