Glass Labware

dvdcm

I'm looking for a few basic pieces of labware for a photo shoot. Nothing fancy: different sizes of beakers, graduated cylinder, erlenmeyer flask, test tubes, etc. The science store at the Airport Plaza has closed and it was my only resource. Can anyone recommend an alternate in CM (preferably) or BKK?

I'm looking for a few basic pieces of labware for a photo shoot. Nothing fancy: different sizes of beakers, graduated cylinder, erlenmeyer flask, test tubes, etc. The science store at the Airport Plaza has closed and it was my only resource. Can anyone recommend an alternate in CM (preferably) or BKK?

There are two supply shops on Suthep Road. One is just 10 meters west of the large car wash, and a larger one is about a block further west of that, right next to a large pet food shop with an outside display.

There is another chemical supply shop on the north side of the old city, inside the moat.

All three of these shops sell a variety of glassware.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Dvdcm,

Perhaps go out to Chiang Mai University, visit the chemistry department, see if they have someone who makes/sources such glassware for them ?

best, ~o:37;

DV, I'm looking for the same thing. Would you post back with what you find tomorrow?

Thanks to dave2's map and pix, it was an easy trip and I didn't need to go beyond the shop pictured.

I enjoyed visiting what gives the impression of an old-style mom and pop business. I essentially shopped out of the front window and had the feeling if I was looking for very specific items or quantities they could have taken found them in the back room or with a call or two. The owners (?) were helpful, English-speaking. Everything was well-wrapped for toting.

Prices seemed reasonable for my purposes so I just picked up a few things without trying to do comparisons (600ml beaker = 110 baht 250ml flask= 120 baht both Bomax from China. I have no idea of those were great or outrageous.). I was asked if I wanted Pyrex instead, but as per my first post, I'm not cooking anything. I would have enjoyed just poking around the shelves but didn't have time and will do that as I add to my collection.

dvdcm.

great stuff .... im glad you found what you wanted.

now tell me how long to microwave my first small bowl of chicken lasagna from rimping for tomorrows tea and we will both be sorted : )

regards .... dave2