Any Idea What These Phrases Mean "มะเหง" , "กะมะช่าย"

mc2

hoping to get some help with some slang words . I couldn't find them in thai2english website

here are the phrases in context and i cant see to decipher the meaning.

คงมะเหง

กะมะช่ายของตายคาย

Thanks.

Sometimes in Internet messaging and chat, they use slangy spelling like that.

So, at a guess, คงมะเหง = คงไม่เห็น

มะช่าย = ไม่ใช่ etc

Was going to actually try and answer for you. But then read the reply you got and it made a lot more sense. Thais use some horrendous spelling sometimes just as we do with "me gonna be late tonite, aight biotch!" lol

thanks for the replies, i get the gist of what is being said.

one other question, does excessive use of slang like this indicate uneducated/lowclass folks or is more so people trying to sound "cool" ? or perhaps a bit of both ?

one other question, does excessive use of slang like this indicate uneducated/lowclass folks or is more so people trying to sound "cool" ? or perhaps a bit of both ?

Wife suggests it's by people not able to speak Thai properly..maybe people from Myanmar etc? She wasn't clear about what she meant but said she'd never seen it and it's unlikely to be people trying to be cool, so probably "uneducated"... hard to say or label people without knowing them.

Regards

Seems like a jocular way of chatting, not necessarily cool, but 'fun'. They may be putting on 'foreign' accents or baby talk...?

I agree with Meadish. Thais who don't use this type of slangy internet lingo tend to see it and characterize it as uneducated, but in my experience most people who use it certainly do know the correct words. It's just an affectation. As Meadish said, for fun, or maybe to be cutesy, or casual, or something else.

For instance, an acquaintance who is a professor in her 30s, teaching at a well-known Thai university -- her personal blog is filled with this sort of thing. And she has a PhD!