Police Shoot Rottweiler

G54

I've been bitten dozens of times, but only really attacked once, and that was by a pittbull. I just strangled it and told the owner he was next. Unfortunately, in Thailand you are at the mercy of almost no enforcement and totally unfair laws. Nasty street dogs are everywhere and you have to look out for yourself. I often carry a length of green bamboo as a weapon on the few streets in my neighbourhood that have the nastier dogs. I'm not frightened and the dogs know I'm a potential threat. So do the dog's owners. Body language goes a long way in dealing with potentially dangerous animals. Unfortunately, on a bicycle or motorbike you are at the mercy of a sudden attack.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Close to where I live is a small lake which I used to walk around. I found myself getting attacked by packs of dogs running from Thai owners gardens. So I made an apporach to the Thai Tourist Police. The Policewoman on duty was very helpfull. She gave me her name and rank, and told me that it was lawfull to carry and use any weapon ( with the exception of a firearm) to protect yourself from such dogs. She went on to say that these dogs should be kept inside their owners gardens and not allowed to roam the streets freely. If a dog ran from the owners garden to attack me, and I were to kill it, there is absolutley nothing that they could do about it.

My friend was walking quite normally past a gate when a Cocker Spaniel ran out and bit him on his calf, when my friend complained to the owner and asked for compensation for hospital fees, he was told to shut his mouth up and that it was his fault for walking too fast and that he would not receive any compensation from him.Here on our estate, I find that the most highly educated people are the worst offenders i.e. Doctors, Dentists, Managing Directors etc. They will open their gates and the dogs then run out into the street. They then reverse their vehicle onto the road and then close and lock the gates behind them, leaving the dogs to fend for themselves. Sometimes it could be as much as 4 days before the owners arrive home. These dogs leave their dirt all over the road, and come to my house begging for water and food, my dogs naturally get jealous and want to attack these dogs thus causing damage to my gate and fencing etc: It has cost me in the region of 30,000 THB to replace and re-inforce all of my fencing, Thanks ! to these irresponsible owners. I have approached the President of our Estate's Committee to complain about the dogs owners. He totally agrees with me and writes everyone a letter informing them of the nature of such a complaint. Again the Thais laugh at this letter and totally ignore it.

It's no joke when your dogs are going crazy at other dogs encroaching near to your premises in the lateness of the night or early hours of the morning.

What would they think if I let my 3 Rottweilers and a Pit Bull roam the streets unatttended?