New Forum Features

yeehi

Hello

How about introducing the following. I think it would not be too hard to implement.

1 Rating system. If you read a post that you like you can moderate it (mod it) up or down like in slashdot.com . Alternatively you could add a :D or a :o . These could be tallied to provide non verbal feedback. Another alternative would be to allow forum readers a certain number of mod points each week, say 5, and these could be dished out by the readers as they saw fit during the course of each week.

The other feature i would like is to have all posts on one thread viewable when i click on the link, not just 10 per page or whatever. Having to go through long threads page by page is a pain on a dial up connection.

Great forum anyway!

The user moderation options are unique to the provider you mentioned. Thaivisa uses Invision Power Board, which as someone who's used these forums alot in the past, I can say is probably the best option out there for forum software.

As for the amount of posts displayed, just click on "My Controls" (next to "my Blog" near the top of the page) then on the lower left side you will see "Board Settings". Click there and on the right side of the next screen you can set how many posts to display per page (up to 40).

cv

As for the amount of posts displayed, just click on "My Controls" (next to "my Blog" near the top of the page) then on the lower left side you will see "Board Settings". Click there and on the right side of the next screen you can set how many posts to display per page (up to 40).

Good tip thanks cdnvic. :o

A big time saver.