Help With Nero

Wee Jimmy

I'm trying to load Nero Express 5.5.9.9 INcD3.39.0 on windows XP. I bought this last year when I had window 98. When I load this I get everything in Thai. Is there anyway I can load this in English? Please keep it simple as I'm a newby with the PC.

I would be grateful for any help. Thanks.

Load as in "install"? Some programs default the installation language according to the language of the system. This means that your system is set to Thai default. If it's XP, then go to start, control panel, date/time/language options, regional/language options, advanced. Change the "language for non-unicode programs" to English, reboot.

yes it's a pain in the butt when that happens. Some programs automatically detect your default language settings (in control panel) - even if you appear to be in English it's likely that the default is Thai if you or anyone ever do any work in Thai on the com. So sometimes one way is to go to control panel and change the default to English - then the program installing will auto detect this and set you up in English. You can then change back to Thai default if you need without affecting the program you just installed (Power DVD works like that)

Other programs are actual thai editions (I think Nero is) and will default to Thai every time. They allow changing to English but you will have to navigate the menus in Thai to find the option. Get a Thai person to help you or else look at where the language option is in an English version.

In my version of Nero it is in FILE (1st tab at top) PREFERENCES (7th option down) Languages (3rd tab) - if yours is the same you should there find an english option. Otherwise go to IT Bang Kae and buy some program discs. Or join our Thai Expat hub and get it there (and then go to the website and buy a key for it of course :o )

yes it's a pain in the butt when that happens. Some programs automatically detect your default language settings (in control panel) - even if you appear to be in English it's likely that the default is Thai if you or anyone ever do any work in Thai on the com. So sometimes one way is to go to control panel and change the default to English - then the program installing will auto detect this and set you up in English. You can then change back to Thai default if you need without affecting the program you just installed (Power DVD works like that)

Other programs are actual thai editions (I think Nero is) and will default to Thai every time. They allow changing to English but you will have to navigate the menus in Thai to find the option. Get a Thai person to help you or else look at where the language option is in an English version.

In my version of Nero it is in FILE (1st tab at top) PREFERENCES (7th option down) Languages (3rd tab) - if yours is the same you should there find an english option. Otherwise go to IT Bang Kae and buy some program discs. Or join our Thai Expat hub and get it there (and then go to the website and buy a key for it of course :o )