Wish I Had My Camera

longstebe

Just thought I would start a topic on the day you wish you had your camera.

The other day I was walking the dog in the blistering Issan heat. Some dude was with his buffalo in the field.

5 mins later he comes cycling past me looking at me and smiling, I smiled back. Then I noticed he still had the

plastic on his vietnamese style hat from new.

It made my day anyway.

I try to make a point of taking my camera everywhere I go. I didn't one day when a friend and I went walking and regreted it. We saw a Thai street dog sitting up at a table next to the street. The dog had his butt on the seat, his front legs resting on the table top, and there was a beer bottle on the table in front of him. He sat there just like any other patron.

Stood on the roof of a Phuket hotel watching the Tsunami waves roll in.

That WOULD have been something to see! I actually would be dead if it hadn't been for my daughter asking me to come home for Christmas. I would have been in a beach shack at Kao Lak at the time of the Tsunami. I two families I usually stayed with got washed away and were never heard from again.

The other day I was walking the dog in the blistering Issan heat. Some dude was with his buffalo in the field.

5 mins later he comes cycling past me looking at me and smiling, I smiled back. Then I noticed he still had the

It made my day anyway.

That's for when it rains.

It made my day anyway.

That's for when it rains.

That does make sense.

Looks like I would have looked the stupid one for taking it off. :)

Stood on the roof of a Phuket hotel watching the Tsunami waves roll in.

That WOULD have been something to see! I actually would be dead if it hadn't been for my daughter asking me to come home for Christmas. I would have been in a beach shack at Kao Lak at the time of the Tsunami. I two families I usually stayed with got washed away and were never heard from again.

I was also one of the lucky ones. I was still in bed one block back from the beach. Still tired from the drive I made from

Pattaya 2 days before. I did have my camcorder for the aftermath though. Horrible. Drove through Khao Lak on the way back

up 2 days after just when the emergency services had not long got there. Piles of bodies everywhere.