No Used Tiger Boxer 200 And 250 Cc Bikes 4 Sale?

onlycw

Tiger Boxer 200.........is this like the old Triumph Tiger Cub 200cc, or am I miles off target??

On the subject of motorbikes, I would love to get hold of an old 2 stroke 250cc twin motorbike from the days when I was a lad and renovate it and ride it around here. An Ariel Arrow, or any bike with a Villiers 2 stroke twin engine in it -- -- any ideas, anyone seen one of these in Thailand.

Tiger Boxer 200.........is this like the old Triumph Tiger Cub 200cc, or am I miles off target??

On the subject of motorbikes, I would love to get hold of an old 2 stroke 250cc twin motorbike from the days when I was a lad and renovate it and ride it around here. An Ariel Arrow, or any bike with a Villiers 2 stroke twin engine in it -- -- any ideas, anyone seen one of these in Thailand.

Hmmm, have just read a few more posts regarding motorbikes, and now understand that the Tiger is nothing to do with the old triumph tiger cub!!!

Would still like to know if anybody has any information regarding acquiring an old 2 stroke twin motorbike from the 1960s???

Edited by Philnz

Hi, I fancy a used Boxer 200 to get around town. Has anyone seen one for sale?

Uhhm, I guess it would depend what "Town" you would like to get around. Where in Thailand are you? My friend just bought the new 650 Kaw and is selling his 250 Tiger Boxer, only 7 months old with 2 year warranty. We are in Chiang Mai though. Does that happen to be the town you'd like to get around?

Never seen a Tiger Boxer 200 in civilian colors- are they even available? There are some members on this forum who love their Boxer 250's. Cheap and they seem quite superior to the police boxer 200. As far as finding one used- It's a fairly new model so imagine there aren't too many out there yet. Good luck!

Never seen a Tiger Boxer 200 in civilian colors- are they even available? There are some members on this forum who love their Boxer 250's. Cheap and they seem quite superior to the police boxer 200. As far as finding one used- It's a fairly new model so imagine there aren't too many out there yet. Good luck!

Actually Tiger offers a 150, 200, and 250 version of this bike per their website....

Hi Philinz, keep ypour eyes skinned. I saw a few oldtimers around towns. Some NSU strokers.

I have fond memories of a Yamaha RD 350 YPVS twin with 63 hp. A good bike to outrun the cops on their 200 cc Tiger Boxers :)

Thanks, will do.........have e-mailed a few "bike shops and the like" however have got no response. Maybe they just don't know what I'm talking about because they are too young to know??

I do remember coming across an old Ariel Arrow in New Zealand a couple of years ago and I was wondering if it would be worth importing it and working on. What sort of duty would be payable on a vintage motorbike which would be worth next to nothing on the secondhand market in reality??

Thank you, Philnz

PHIL.....NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. DO not import any bike into this country. You will be HAMMERED FOR DUTY. Also ANY Vintage bike is worth loads here in Thailand because they don't have so many of them.

If you really want to buy an used police boxer 200,just walk up to a policestation and ask a BiB if they know anybody who wants to sell one!

I am sure there will be one 4 sale.

regards

If you really want to buy an used police boxer 200,just walk up to a policestation and ask a BiB if they know anybody who wants to sell one!

regards

Thanks BKKc1976. The cop bikes are "owned by the government" :)

Chris

regards

Thanks BKKc1976. The cop bikes are "owned by the government" :D

Chris

LOL- so are the Thai telecoms, but that didn't stop Taksin selling off national assets to Singapore... :D:D:) TiT- EVERYTHING is for sale! :D

Chris. not all of the cop boxers are owned by the government. In my neck of the woods(nakhon pathom) they pay 44,000b for them. problem you will have is they are BIB registered. so you have to get re-registered.

Allan

Allan, I stand corrected. Q: any issue getting a 200 cc registered in my Thai wife's name?

I will be using my International DL. I heard it can be exchanged for a Thai license. If possible, I would rather "show" it and pay to keep it while getting a Thai license.

Last Q: I am offered a 8 months old 250 RS on Dunlop tires for 54 k Baht with 7,200 km on the clock. The price is on the high side. I suppose?

post-7704-1251798833.jpg

Edited by Kf6vci

Chris. not all of the cop boxers are owned by the government. In my neck of the woods(nakhon pathom) they pay 44,000b for them. problem you will have is they are BIB registered. so you have to get re-registered.

Allan

Allan, I stand corrected. Q: any issue getting a 200 cc registered in my Thai wife's name?

I will be using my International DL. I heard it can be exchanged for a Thai license. If possible, I would rather "show" it and pay to keep it while getting a Thai license.

Last Q: I am offered a 8 months old 250 RS on Dunlop tires for 54 k Baht with 7,200 km on the clock. The price is on the high side. I suppose?

Hi Kf6vci ,the Boxer costs new 72000 thb and not sure what the one offered to you has or has not added, but if you add windscreen , rack & Dunlops this would be almost 80000 THB new. I actually think the price is not too bad regardless if it has the windscreen & rack or not.

Another good thing is that the km's are not so high and the guarantee is 3 yrs (or 30000 km's) . Still, you can negotiate the price ....perhaps down to 50k ?

mbox