Anyone In Chaweng Koh Samui? I Need Your Help

bifftastic

Ok,

if anyone is in Chaweng right now I need some help.

I talk with my g/f every day on the phone. Yes, she works in a bar, yes, someimes she's 'busy honey call you tomorrow' but she awlays always does.

Lat nigh I called her as usual, she told me she was going to psrty with her firends, nothing unusual about that, there was the sounds of a little trouble going on, some Thai voices, some Thai girls talking English, sounded like there was some kind of argument going on. Again, not that unusual! it's happened before, she can look after herself and she has told me before 'honey have lil bit problem, lil bit fighting' so I'm slightly concerned but not overly so.

Call her again bit the phone is switched off...ok, maybe battery's dead. Maybe not! But she awlays tells me everything she does. Ok so the battery is dead maybe, so when she gets home she will charge it and I can talk to her when she wakes up. it's been off for 14 hours now which has never happened before! So I get the number for the bar she works at from yellow pages and there's no answer. Ok, I say, maybe the phone is too quiet or not plugged in or something, whatever. Keep trying her phone, switched off.

Then it's switched on again, someone answers but doesn't talk. Then the phone is off again.

Ok, someone has nicked her phone, switched it on, heard my voice and switched it on again.

I called the hotel I stayed at in Chaweng to talk to the bar manager cos he helped me out many times before andis a good man, to ask him to go round to the bar and make sure she's still alive or not arrested or not in hospital, but the hotel bar is closed for low season!

If you are in Chaweng now could you please go to Blessing Bar in soi green mango and see if she is alive, aressted, hospitalised or <deleted> has happened to her?

I honestly just want to know she's alive.

This is a girl who has spoken to me on the phone every day for five months, tells me EVERYTHING she does, never fails to call me back, and worries if she doesn't hear from me every day.

Her name is Bow and i would really appreciate any help anyone can give me. I'm now quite worried for her safety.

If you do manage to go round there and talk to her please tell her I'm very worried about her and want to know she's ok.

The bar is on the right hand side as you go up soi green mango form the Chaweng beach Road end, small place called Blessing just after Tilac bar.

Thanks

All bars closed today and tomorrow.

By-election for MP from Suratthani.

ok that eplains why no answer from the bar then! Makes me feel a little bit better, she could have just lost the phone.

Thanks very much

Ok

Good news is she's alive! She just called me.

Bad news is she had an altercation with some guy (English) which ended up with him and four of his mates smacking her around! Which resulted in, amongst other things, her phone being smashed! Nobody came to help one small Thai lady as she was attacked by five men! Eventually after about 5 minutes or so, Security staff from a venue nearby came over to stop the fight. She called the police but they didn't come. 'Same here' I told her 'police don't care about poor people' She gave as good as she got and is a tough girl but she now has a badly bruised arm and some damage to her knee. I would imagine the guys have plenty of injuries too but now I'm <deleted>*king seethiing as you can probably imagine!

Firstly I apologised to her for the behaviour of my countrymen, and am still now struggling to comprehend how they would feel the slightest bit justified in doing what they did.

In a way I'm glad I'm not there because I can see myself trawling the area seeking revenge.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at their behaviour given the lack of moral fibre displayed on a regular basis here in London but I still find it astonishing that no-one came to her aid.

Anyway, she's alive which is the main thing. And no hospital bills either! (whew!)

• 5 weeks later...

ok that eplains why no answer from the bar then! Makes me feel a little bit better, she could have just lost the phone.

Thanks very much

Ok

Bad news is she had an altercation with some guy (English) which ended up with him and four of his mates smacking her around! Which resulted in, amongst other things, her phone being smashed! Nobody came to help one small Thai lady as she was attacked by five men! Eventually after about 5 minutes or so, Security staff from a venue nearby came over to stop the fight. She called the police but they didn't come. 'Same here' I told her 'police don't care about poor people' She gave as good as she got and is a tough girl but she now has a badly bruised arm and some damage to her knee. I would imagine the guys have plenty of injuries too but now I'm <deleted>*king seethiing as you can probably imagine!

Firstly I apologised to her for the behaviour of my countrymen, and am still now struggling to comprehend how they would feel the slightest bit justified in doing what they did.

In a way I'm glad I'm not there because I can see myself trawling the area seeking revenge.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at their behaviour given the lack of moral fibre displayed on a regular basis here in London but I still find it astonishing that no-one came to her aid.

Anyway, she's alive which is the main thing. And no hospital bills either! (whew!)

Haven't checked this thread for a while but I must admit I'm surprised and not a little disappointed that no-one feels the need to comment on the fact that 5 english tourists feel that it's ok to beat up a Thai girl in the street in full view of everyone.

Usually on this forum there is at the very least someone who would say somthing like 'well if you will go out with a bar girl what do you expect my wife has white skin and i don't mix with riff-raff'

But nothing, not even a flame....

speaks volumes

Thanks very much

Ok

Haven't checked this thread for a while but I must admit I'm surprised and not a little disappointed that no-one feels the need to comment on the fact that 5 english tourists feel that it's ok to beat up a Thai girl in the street in full view of everyone.

Usually on this forum there is at the very least someone who would say somthing like 'well if you will go out with a bar girl what do you expect my wife has white skin and i don't mix with riff-raff'

speaks volumes

Might be because no one believes your story, or more so hers. Your last post clearly show that you are just trolling.

ps. I am glad she is okay though ...

Thanks very much

Ok

speaks volumes

Don't know why I bothered to reply, but I agree with 'bridge' . Speaks volumes not "checking this thread" for a while, even whilst in turmoil and asking others to investigate. The 'Blessing Bar' has been there for over a decade and the girls are sound (even though I hate Chaweng now).

Don't know why I bothered to reply, but I agree with 'bridge' . Speaks volumes not "checking this thread" for a while, even whilst in turmoil and asking others to investigate. The 'Blessing Bar' has been there for over a decade and the girls are sound (even though I hate Chaweng now).

Haven't checked the thread because I've been in Phuket with little or no internet access. Up to you if you don't want to believe me. Why would I not believe her? I heard the noise of the fight during the last phone call with her on the night it happened and have seen the bruising first hand.

Thanks to everyone who said they're glad she's ok :-)

Turmoil ended a few days after the event when she called me. And I posted again saying that she was ok and that's when I explained about the attack. What surprised me was the lack of comment on the behaviour of the attackers, but i can see from the above posts that most think the story untrue, quite why that would be I'm not sure.

Anyway, this forum seems to be a fairly decent place to get advice on some things but not particularly useful/friendly in many many other respects.

If I'm in need of help in the future i will most certainly look elsewhere.

Your girlfriend is a bar girl...or rather the girl you want to be your girl is a bar girl. IF... you accept this than thats your perogative and by all means most likley your mistake. But just because people on TV choose not to weigh in on your defense it does not cast any shdaows on any readers in the proximity......Pull her out of the bar and make an honest women out of her...If you cant....Then the old addage pay for play comes to mind.

I never saw this till the just now, many never look in this section. I don't

I also think it is disgusting that 5 guys of any nationality think it is ok to give ANY woman a beating,

let alone a much smaller Thai lady, no matter WHAT she said to them. If anything.

Unless she, out of the blue, cold cocked him with a beer bottle,

and then continuously threaten to cut up his face, in which case she should be restrained till calm,

no force should be used. Just walk away like a man.

Obviously these guys are large children, not men or hardly gentlemen.

Glad she is gonna be OK.

No particular comment on the bargirl as your women thing,

for some it works out, for others it is hel_l on wheels.

Let the lover beware.

I also think it is disgusting that 5 guys of any nationality think it is ok to give ANY woman a beating,

let alone a much smaller Thai lady, no matter WHAT she said to them. If anything.

Unless she, out of the blue, cold cocked him with a beer bottle,

and then continuously threaten to cut up his face,

Anybody who hits me with a bottle gets hit back, and not gently! :)

The only people being beat up were the bills in the OP'S wallet............Yet he will move here soon loving Thailand...coming to a country where the people, girls really know him for the true person, loser he really is.....BRING LOTS AND LOTS OF HELP/MONEY so you will be well tolerated...till your money/tolerance wears out

Thanks very much

Ok

Bifftastic,

I am really sorry, but I find her story really hard to believe, and you do come across as being very naive. As a previous poster said, she is a bar girl - and dam_n it I will cop to criticism, but you really cannot trust anything they say. I can tell you now that if 5 farangs wailed down on a Thai girl, then Thai's would come out to the woodwork to give them a beating. Get out before its too late - thats my advice.

Bifftastic,

I am really sorry, but I find her story really hard to believe, and you do come across as being very naive. As a previous poster said, she is a bar girl - and dam_n it I will cop to criticism, but you really cannot trust anything they say. I can tell you now that if 5 farangs wailed down on a Thai girl, then Thai's would come out to the woodwork to give them a beating. Get out before its too late - thats my advice.

I agree with Bridge...there are Thai guys that work in Blessing bar, and the surrounding bars, not to mention all the ones milling around, and they would, almost to a man, wade in to any confrontation no matter how big the 5 farangs were...i seriously believe that youre being very naive, and possibly blinded by your affection for this girl...you wouldnt be the first and definately not the last, but come on...a 45kg 5ft girl against 5 big farangs...i somehow doubt they meant her any harm and theres more to her version of events than shes letting on...wake up and smell the coffee my friend...this is Thailand :)

I agree with Bridge...there are Thai guys that work in Blessing bar, and the surrounding bars, not to mention all the ones milling around, and they would, almost to a man, wade in to any confrontation no matter how big the 5 farangs were...i seriously believe that youre being very naive, and possibly blinded by your affection for this girl...you wouldnt be the first and definately not the last, but come on...a 45kg 5ft girl against 5 big farangs...i somehow doubt they meant her any harm and theres more to her version of events than shes letting on...wake up and smell the coffee my friend...this is Thailand :)

There is not a thai man in existance that would not wade in to protect one of their own against farang especially if it's a woman.

• 2 weeks later...

There is not a thai man in existance that would not wade in to protect one of their own against farang especially if it's a woman.

ok, so i'm to wake up and smell some coffee am i? and i'm supposed to tell this girl i don't want anything to do with her because i can't account for her whereabouts for a few days. If i'm right you're suggesting she was off with some guy for these days and didn't want to tell me? And the bruising she must have painted on herself? I agree if she'd been in or near Blessing bar then there are guys there to help her. Some security did jump in and stop things after a few minutes but from what you're suggesting, because all bar girls lie all the time, then she was up to something more sinister and what would that be exactly? and why would you doubt they meant her any harm? because English guys don't hit women? ok now who's being naiive?

• 2 weeks later...
Confused.

She managed to phone you whilst she was being beaten up?

No i was calling her

Let's look at some facts.

1. English guys in groups of 5 don't make a habit of beating up bar girls
  2. A bar girl is not YOUR GIRLFRIEND, she is everyones girlfriend. Hence BAR GIRL
  3. Altercations between bar girls and farangs always involve money or the bar girl trying to get money
  4. If she doesn't answer the phone means she is busy with someone else and telling that man the same sad story she told you
  5. She calls you everyday and half of the UK, the more calls the more she makes
  6. Getting narcoleptic and in a state of panic because a bar girl in Thailand did not call you tells me you need some mental help.
  7. Who is paying for her to call you everyday? My guess is you.

Sorry to be so harsh but you need to wake the f*** up to reality and facts.

She is not your girlfriend.

Confused.

She managed to phone you whilst she was being beaten up?

No i was calling her

Let's look at some facts.

1. English guys in groups of 5 don't make a habit of beating up bar girls
  2. A bar girl is not YOUR GIRLFRIEND, she is everyones girlfriend. Hence BAR GIRL
  3. Altercations between bar girls and farangs always involve money or the bar girl trying to get money
  4. If she doesn't answer the phone means she is busy with someone else and telling that man the same sad story she told you
  5. She calls you everyday and half of the UK, the more calls the more she makes
  6. Getting narcoleptic and in a state of panic because a bar girl in Thailand did not call you tells me you need some mental help.
  7. Who is paying for her to call you everyday? My guess is you.

Sorry to be so harsh but you need to wake the f*** up to reality and facts.

She is not your girlfriend.

yeah you're right i need mental help

yes it must have been her fault, men just don't hit women, she must have done something to deserve it

i'll stop calling her and go to the doctors, will you come with me and hold my hand?

Thanks for your help

ok, so i'm to wake up and smell some coffee am i? and i'm supposed to tell this girl i don't want anything to do with her because i can't account for her whereabouts for a few days. If i'm right you're suggesting she was off with some guy for these days and didn't want to tell me? And the bruising she must have painted on herself? I agree if she'd been in or near Blessing bar then there are guys there to help her. Some security did jump in and stop things after a few minutes but from what you're suggesting, because all bar girls lie all the time, then she was up to something more sinister and what would that be exactly? and why would you doubt they meant her any harm? because English guys don't hit women? ok now who's being naiive?

Common man, she is a bar girl and as all bar girls she goes with customers too. Bargirls get bruises because drinking is part of their work and they get very drunk when 5 englishmen buys them drinks. I belive that some englishmen beat women like some men do in every country, but I do not belive like most other here that 5 of them beat one thaibird in soi green mango, impossible. If she is your gf and you want to stay with here you can not have her working a bar and belive she will be true to you, that is pure stupiddity.