Suzuki Raider 150 Information And Discussion

jbeck

Hi,

I am hoping there are some people out there to participate in this topic.

My first post after I get my bike back will be some photos and provide some lessons I learned about tires.

Right now I want to find out the standard piston bore size, and to find out if anyone knows where to find (for sure, not a guess) aftermarket raider parts other than:

akunar.com

aseanmoto.com

I also want to know if anyone has done a carb change and what they put on, what jets, and what to do about the manifold?

Any owners in the Chiang mai area want to ride doi suthep?

Any bikes, or parts for sale?

jbeck

jbeck

You found the Raider you where looking for ? new or second hand ?

My owners manual says the cylinder size ( ขนาดกระบอกสูบ ) is 62.0 mm

Sorry I can't help with any of your other questions I would like to know some places to get aftermarket parts too.

looking forward to your pictures and tire lessons.

Also anyone got a manual for the MIKUNI BS 26-187 carb ?? or know which way the air screw/pilot screw

needs to go on this carb to make the mixture richer.

jbeck

You found the Raider you where looking for ? new or second hand ?

My owners manual says the cylinder size ( ขนาดกระบอกสูบ ) is 62.0 mm

Sorry I can't help with any of your other questions I would like to know some places to get aftermarket parts too.

looking forward to your pictures and tire lessons.

Also anyone got a manual for the MIKUNI BS 26-187 carb ?? or know which way the air screw/pilot screw

needs to go on this carb to make the mixture richer.

thanks.

I got a used one in really bad shape. I'm planning to by a PWK28 copy.

the dealer copied the parts manual for me.

can you copy the owners manual? we can trade.

I'll still look for a new Raider elec start, low miles, and move all the aftermarket parts IF i don't buy a cbr.

where do you live?

the AIR screw lets more air in (leaner) as you turn it out. Try 1.5 turns out? (I could be wrong)

jeff

Hi Jeff

I'm down here in sunny Pattaya on sea :)

Yes I can copy the manual its in Thai though, there doesn't seem to be an English version :D

Do you want hard (paper) copy or a digital scan..I would prefer the digital scan so anyone who wants

can download it.

Would be nice to have a copy of the parts manual.

the AIR screw lets more air in (leaner) as you turn it out. Try 1.5 turns out? (I could be wrong)

Thats my understanding too..but there is some very confusing info on the net about it,depending on if it regulates air or fuel.

Anyway I set mine at 1.75 turns out ( it was 2.5 ) seems to have helped quite a bit with low rev "surging" that

(from what I read ) can be caused by a lean mixture.

Just noticed in the other thread.

Sorry if in the wrong place but can someone count and tell me the number of teeth on their sprockets front and rear, raider 150?

Also would help if you know the number of chain links! (sorry)

I haven't physcally counted mine the manual says 14 front 43 rear

chain DIDO D.I.D 428 DS 122 links

Hi Jeff

I'm down here in sunny Pattaya on sea :)

Yes I can copy the manual its in Thai though, there doesn't seem to be an English version :D

Do you want hard (paper) copy or a digital scan..I would prefer the digital scan so anyone who wants

can download it.

Would be nice to have a copy of the parts manual.

Thats my understanding too..but there is some very confusing info on the net about it,depending on if it regulates air or fuel.

Anyway I set mine at 1.75 turns out ( it was 2.5 ) seems to have helped quite a bit with low rev "surging" that

(from what I read ) can be caused by a lean mixture.

can you get a place to scan it cheaply so you don't have to do it yourself, and so it's printable?

sometimes here, jpg scans are very low quality.

personally I rather have the booklet, and can try to do the same for you.

surging is definitely too lean, did it 'seem' to help, or did it help? Should be obvious. Keep turning it in and see what happens.

Mine bogs at 1/8 throttle I may take the carb off and clean it, but will play with the air screw first.

I was thinking maybe somehow to get an owners manual from the Philippines or Malaysia maybe they are in English, but I don't know how to do that.

Yeah soon I'll put a bunch of info up...still waiting on some parts i consider crucial: rearsets and rear shock.

I'm also getting ready to order piston, CDI, cams, pipe, carb, racing tires, internal gearing, racing chain and sprockets (smaller size and lighter) but don't know what needs to be done about the manifold yet so the carb will fit, or what jets to try.

jeff

Just noticed in the other thread.
Sorry if in the wrong place but can someone count and tell me the number of teeth on their sprockets front and rear, raider 150?

Also would help if you know the number of chain links! (sorry)

I haven't physcally counted mine the manual says 14 front 43 rear

chain DIDO D.I.D 428 DS 122 links

I verified this with the parts manual, although mine used came with a 45 rear. I ordered a 14/45 and chain but the 415 size, smaller and lighter but definitely strong enough. I ordered from asean, it's taking many many weeks but can't find this anywhere else.

I may change the internal gearing, slightly taller lower gears, ratios closer together, top gears slightly lower. and then can experiment with the rear sprocket: 43/44/45

I found some good stuff today.

Online parts manual for the Raider..they call it " Satria 150 "

http://eparts.suzuki.co.id/EzPartsWeb/Default2.aspx

and the user manual in English from Motorcycle Philippines forum

http://motorcyclephilippines.com/forums/sh...nual&page=3

you need to register to see the scaned Jpegs

or download from here

Raider_Manual.rar

There is some more info in the Thai Manual about servicing intervals i'll scan and upload them tommorow.

Servicing intervals.

post-2109-1251697201_thumb.jpg

Further reading about the carb suggests that the air/fuel screw on the Raider carb actually adjusts the fuel

as its on the intake manifold side of the carb.

Therefore turning the screw in should make the mixture leaner :)

post-2109-1251697678_thumb.jpg

CLOCKWISE TURN= LEAN mixture

COUNTER CLOCKWISE = RICH mixture..

Servicing intervals.

post-2109-1251697201_thumb.jpg

Further reading about the carb suggests that the air/fuel screw on the Raider carb actually adjusts the fuel

as its on the intake manifold side of the carb.

Therefore turning the screw in should make the mixture leaner :)

post-2109-1251697678_thumb.jpg

CLOCKWISE TURN= LEAN mixture

COUNTER CLOCKWISE = RICH mixture..

Cool. I will start to put together a web page for the RAIDER, i think.

The first thing I can share is tire information but I need a few days.

I tried 4 different sizes/combinations/brands recently.

Jeff

Suzuki's are never as easy to get parts for as Yamaha/Honda. I find this with my Smash. Invariably you end up getting original parts from an independent parts vendor, and he discounts the part for you because of his relationship with Suzuki. This makes the parts cheaper than going to a Suzuki dealer (which are often not easy to find anyway).

Raider is good high tech bike. What lets it down for me is that its an underbone and thus does not have a decent frame. I guess Suzuki has tried to kindle SE Asias love of underbones by creating this model. Upside is its easy to fix, parts should be quite cheap and familiar for most bike shops to fix. Suzukis seem to have good oil cooling design; guess it takes away the complexity and cost of water cooling.

Suzuki's are never as easy to get parts for as Yamaha/Honda. I find this with my Smash. Invariably you end up getting original parts from an independent parts vendor, and he discounts the part for you because of his relationship with Suzuki. This makes the parts cheaper than going to a Suzuki dealer (which are often not easy to find anyway).

Raider is good high tech bike. What lets it down for me is that its an underbone and thus does not have a decent frame. I guess Suzuki has tried to kindle SE Asias love of underbones by creating this model. Upside is its easy to fix, parts should be quite cheap and familiar for most bike shops to fix. Suzukis seem to have good oil cooling design; guess it takes away the complexity and cost of water cooling.

Since I am the original poster, I will take this opportunity to post a friendly reminder: I started this thread to gather information. Suzuki Raider 150 Factual Technical Information And Discussion (questions, answers, problems, fixes, modifications, aftermarket and OEM part sources, news). Not opinions, rumors, guesses, or comparisons. I will do this whenever I feel a post does not fit this thread.

jbeck

Anyone know the stock fork oil weight for the raider?

I don't see it in the users manual.

Has anyone changed the carb on their raider?

What size and what jets did you put on?

What other modifications did you do?

Deciding what size to buy: Keihin PWK 30?

thanks.