Chick Drinks...lollie Water Or Hard Crunk

junki3korean

What is your drink?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for my wife (Thai), a hardened Guinness drinker except when she gets on the Long Island Ice Tea at which point all bets are off :)

She's also been seen to shift B52's and other colourful, possibly flaming, mixtures when in company of her friends, and the odd glass or two of wine (red) with her pizza.

At home it's Chang or the local hooch.

Sod it, she'll try anything with alcohol :D

Hey Crossy, I wanna meet your wife :D

I usually drink Beer in LOS, Wine or beer in UK if staying in & if out with the ladies, Vodka & Cranberry. Decent spirits & wine is far too expensive in LOS so I steer clear unless a special occasion but tbh, since becoming a mum I have lowered my alcohol intake considerable as I can't cope with a hang over & a toddler. :)

I voted on behalf of my Girlfriend (hope it helps the stats)...

She likes wine (Red, White and Rose), but to be honest she likes anything and is quite relaxed about her choice.

Beer and Sake With Japanese food.

Red wine with Italian and French.

White wine and especially a sparkling white with Thai and Indian (or an ICE cold beer).

Whiskey and water mix when out late.

She's not hot on the Spy and Bacardi.

(edit for typo)

Edited by richard_smith237

Ohhhhhh alcohol. Well stuck in deepest darkest south thailand my choices are limited to beer or spy. Wine is rubbish and verry expensive. But at home wine wine wine. I actually ticked chamagne though as that would be my number one choice.

This is my top 5

1) champagne or good prosecco

2) wine - normally red

3) lager, or preferably cider, I am a somerset gal afterall

4) G+T or V+T

5) Rum - specifically golden rum, even more specifically, Appletons...and ginger beer...and lime...mmmmm

I've bought a lot of lady drinks in the past 13 years and I can't recall one bar girl who ever ordered beer. Most often it's been whiskey and some soft drink. But, maybe that's because beer would be too filling and ruin her chances of conning more drinks out of customers. That said however, a lady I support in Luk Kai drinks beer... and too much of it if she's given the chance. She always winds up drunk and ruins whatever plans we might have had. My lady friends in Canada drink a wide range of alcohol, but most often it's wine. But, I don't know any who are serious drinkers.

And a cocktail just for you http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink302.html :D

:)

Ive been known to order these:

Toblerone

Mud Slide

the first is like having a really nice milk shake, with alcohol :D they serve the glass similar to Margarita, except the salt is replaced with crushed almonds, and the drink is topped with a swirl of choc syrup. :D

dont think any of the bars will be serving their recipe with Godiva choc though

All of the above - plus throw a tequila slammer or two into the mix!!! In my local supermarket they are selling bottles of voddie for 10 swiss francs a bottle. And if I go to my local bar they sell two glasses of white wine for 10 swiss francs!!! Bottle of voddie does me for a few days... So off i pottered yesterday to get my vodka and they were sold out!!! Wonder why???!!! So i have all these bottles of coke and tomato juice doing nothing in the fridge!!!

Ah well!!! So is life.....

Don't know what Swiss francs are in baht. But think around 5 UK pounds. And it is not gut rot at all. I tentivly bought the firs bottle thinking that - but it is actually quite drinkable.

Edited by Patsycat

On behalf of my gf,she drinks 1 bottle of beer and gets half cut lol.Good for me she isnt a drinker but loves good thai food,so our nights out are tetotal.Me personaly cant drink much beer as it bloats me but do like cider and vodka,not together though.My odd trip back to blighty,then a few pints of real beer.

Depends what time of day it is!

Gin o'clock commences daily at 4pm. Strictly an 'at home' tipple though on two counts. Firstly, creating the perfect gin tonic is an exact science - tall chilled glass, full of ice, generous measure of good quality gin (preferably Bombay Sapphire / Gordons / Tanqueray), quarter of manao - squeezed and swished around the glass rim, topped up with Schweppes tonic. Stirred. Hmmmmm... beautiful. I am frequently disappointed when I order GT in a bar as it's usually Gilbeys (yuk!) , tonic is invariably flat, not enough ice or manao and then they charge me 120 baht for the privilege.

Secondly, way too expensive for my pocket for such a disappointing experience.

Therefore, my bar drink is beer. Never used to drink beer before I lived here. Like some of the other ladies have said, wine was my regular choice in UK, but as already mentioned too expensive here for such poor quality.

Still can't get on with UK beer though when I go back for a visit...... It's just not the same as Thai beer. I am a Leo lover!

If you are a GT fan like me, in case you haven't already discovered it, a couple of years ago whilst in search of a good but cheaper Gordons substitute I came across 'Island Gin' in Tescos. 249 baht. I now clear the shelf when I see it there!

Chok dee ka.

Kate

Depends what time of day it is!

Gin o'clock commences daily at 4pm. Strictly an 'at home' tipple though on two counts. Firstly, creating the perfect gin tonic is an exact science - tall chilled glass, full of ice, generous measure of good quality gin (preferably Bombay Sapphire / Gordons / Tanqueray), quarter of manao - squeezed and swished around the glass rim, topped up with Schweppes tonic. Stirred. Hmmmmm... beautiful. I am frequently disappointed when I order GT in a bar as it's usually Gilbeys (yuk!) , tonic is invariably flat, not enough ice or manao and then they charge me 120 baht for the privilege.

That sounds like a great GT! Making me thirsty! I usually have Tanq with a GT and Bombay for a good dry martini!

Gin o'clock commences daily at 4pm. Strictly an 'at home' tipple though on two counts. Firstly, creating the perfect gin tonic is an exact science - tall chilled glass, full of ice, generous measure of good quality gin (preferably Bombay Sapphire / Gordons / Tanqueray), quarter of manao - squeezed and swished around the glass rim, topped up with Schweppes tonic. Stirred. Hmmmmm... beautiful.

Chok dee ka.

Kate

the above description plus an image of Kate in the red cocktail dress and the olive green casual outfit has made me put a visit to Kate's place at the top of my"Countries to visit/People to see' list

:)

the above description plus an image of Kate in the red cocktail dress and the olive green casual outfit has made me put a visit to Kate's place at the top of my"Countries to visit/People to see' list

:D

:) That's funny Mig! When I read your post yesterday it was quarter past gin o'clock in Coconutland and the daily ritual had already commenced with said gin in hand! You are most welcome to join anytime.

Kate