Looking For An "office"

kmcolo

Hi all,

I am new to the forum so excuse yet another question that may have been asked before (I did search though...). I have been in Thailand for about 3 weeks trying to start an office for the NGO I work for (but I digress) and quickly got tired of sitting in my hotel room all day (that and it is important for me to get out from the same space where I sleep - the old separate where you work and sleep thing for those of us that have sleep issues - but I digress). I then 'discovered' the Starbucks office. That was OK for about a week and a half (though it about broke the bank, but I digress) but I would love to find a desk, in a quite-ish environment a la a decent not too busy coffee shop or even a library. I have found a few nice spots, the cafe on the 6th floor of the Emporium attached to the TCDC (but again the bank breaking issue), the German cultural center library in Silom area (sorry, forgot name). Are there similar places that others would recommend? Mostly air conditioned, mostly quite, maybe an outlet for the computer and lastly (and in that order of importance) internet access?

Cheers,

Ken

You do digress a lot! :)

How about a library? Some ideas from a quick google...

bangkoklibrary.com/category/library-type/public-library

www.transitionsabroad.com/publications/magazine/0301/bangkok.shtml (under the 'spare time' section)

(I can't post links either yet, so add your own http colon slash slash...)

It's more expensive but outfits like Regis at All Seasons have fully equipted offices - they start around 30K a month but they do make deals and maybe they would feel sorry for an NGO - they do have short term desks for companies with staff moving around. Very nice work space and they have others around town.

also do a bunch of googling - I recall some budget "office by the day" work spaces as well.

True has a few upscale cafes; Siam Paragon, Siam Square, Tonglor that could be a step up from Starbucks.

Does your NGO have connections with NGOs here? That could work out

The Lobby area of the JW Marriott on Sukhumvit Soi 2 always had free wifi in there, quite luxurious as well. I suggest going in there, first checking with the staff that the free wi-fi lobby service is still available.order some lunch and take it from there.

Alternatively you would work out of Bradmans on Sukhumvit Soi 23, they have free wifi for customers in there and some good food too.