People Warned Against Forwarding PM's Doctored Audio Clip

george

SC Asset cannot be cleared with one week of investigation as that would indicate that they managed to brain-scan all employees and knowing upper management they would to even be able to find something to scan...

So what we have here is something else going on in the background. And knowing it takes an enormous amount of evidence to make any conspiracy charges stick, there probably was some dealings going on. And when it comes to Thailand, 2 lower employees taking the fall while the uppers are warned, 'we know what you are up to', without no public shame, seems far more common.

Edited by TAWP

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that the police investigation has cleared SC Assets, and the government has so far not even protested - there are far more reasons that these claims are completely unreasonable.

Just because a Democrat party spokesperson has accused SC Asset (and note: no investigator has done so), only to backtrack two days after, claiming that he was "misquoted" by the media, does not mean that several posters here can go off the deep end, and ignore whatever may counter these claims.

The undisputed fact is that two SC Asset employees started an e-mail chain from their office computers. People have all the reasons to suspect the company was somehow involved, even if the police can't find any evidence and Democrat spokesman can't publicly accuse them of anything.

Given that the police investigation has cleared SC Assets, and the government has so far not even protested - there are far more reasons that these claims are completely unreasonable.

Just because a Democrat party spokesperson has accused SC Asset (and note: no investigator has done so), only to backtrack two days after, claiming that he was "misquoted" by the media, does not mean that several posters here can go off the deep end, and ignore whatever may counter these claims.

The undisputed fact is that two SC Asset employees started an e-mail chain from their office computers. People have all the reasons to suspect the company was somehow involved, even if the police can't find any evidence and Democrat spokesman can't publicly accuse them of anything.

Who imagines a hi-so boss or boss-lady would bother to do this him/herself from his/her computer,

when she has employees to do it?

Anyone in the red camp could have come up with the idea, then run by the bosses, got a nod and went forward with the execution.

The fact that it somehow surfaced in a Shinawatra company makes and not anywhere else makes it very suspicious.

There's also the fact that it wasn't produced for fun, there was clearly a malicious intent. It's nice to pin it all on some lady at the bus stop, but what are the chances of her giving it to Shinawatra employees purely by accident?

Until they can produce the lady it's the same as "dog ate my homework" defense. No one cares if police investigation doesn't get anywhere - big political points have been scored already, and that's what really matters, not possible jail terms for some low ranking computer geeks.

Its just as likely that the PAD/Yellows planted a bogus employee in the company.

abisit is now admiting its his words on the tape.

Bring forward the guys who interviewed abisit, they must have copies of the original interviews also, mustn't they.

rats are smelling.

The fact that it somehow surfaced in a Shinawatra company makes and not anywhere else makes it very suspicious.

And i would suggest to watch Thai news, because there several political websites (several of them clearly not Thaksin owned or sympathetic to Thaksin) were named in which the clip appeared as well. But naming only AC Assets (in reality just two of their employees) makes it appear a lot more juicy than some websites most farang never heard of.

And so, people here on ThaiVisa continue to spin their laughable conspiracies...

:)

Bring forward the guys who interviewed abisit, they must have copies of the original interviews also, mustn't they.

It's been reported by several media outlets and even mentioned by Abhisit himself several times that the original interviews were from Abhisit's weekly tv show, "Cheur Man Prated Thai...=Believe in Thailand..." It's already been well documented.

I guess you have just started following this news this afternoon? :)

And i would suggest to watch Thai news, because there several political websites (several of them clearly not Thaksin owned or sympathetic to Thaksin) were named in which the clip appeared as well. But naming only AC Assets (in reality just two of their employees) makes it appear a lot more juicy than some websites most farang never heard of.

And so, people here on ThaiVisa continue to spin their laughable conspiracies...

:D

We're talking about the origin of the doctored clip, not who had been spreading it around. If you wanna talk about that, we'd have to include several PTP MP's, a number of local radio stations in Isan, P tv, one of the 111 guys who has been baned from politics for five years...etc etc. :):D

Its just as likely that the PAD/Yellows planted a bogus employee in the company.

rats are smelling.

Disinformation, and trying to tangent things.

PAD planted a employee in Yingluck's company...???

Yeah that IS a good one,

you should be on stage with howlers like that to tell people

I can make YOU say anything I want with enough raw recordings.

That it is his voice proves nothing in the digital age.

'Abisit is admiting its a employee, now in the company

who planted bogus copies of the original interviews.

Rats are likely smelling the guys who interviewed Abisit.'

All your words.

Just a cut an paste of YOUR words. But I can do that with audio.

And you would be shocked.

No sale.

:D

We're talking about the origin of the doctored clip, not who had been spreading it around. If you wanna talk about that, we'd have to include several PTP MP's, a number of local radio stations in Isan, P tv, one of the 111 guys who has been baned from politics for five years...etc etc. :):D

Yes, and already before the police cleared AC Assets, the Democrat spokesman who has in the first case pointed his finger at AC Assets has backtracked, and has stated that the media has misquoted him. It was all over Thai television news.

Fact is - nobody has any evidence whatsoever who may have doctored the tape, nobody knows its origin. The posters here who insist on AC Assets have not presented one bit of credible evidence whatsoever and spin outlandish conspiracy theories.

Come up with credible evidence (and that is not some funny guy on an internet forum who has difficulties to put a whole sentence together holds this or that unsubstantiated opinion), and i might be inclined to change my views on this issue.

You DO know what spliced and doctored audio recording means, right?

Clearly not.

He only hears 'His Master's Voice' saying 'sow confusion my son'.

Checks in the mail.

I can just picture him looking sideways at the Victrola, tail askew

LOL.

If one cop who owes Thaksin for big favors in the past says SC is cleared,

well that should just close the investigation right?

Not hardly.

Doesn't prove guilt at this time,

but also doesn't allay suspicion based on logical presumptions.

And good detectives use logical presumptions to make a case,

while searching for harder facts.

This ain't over yet,

but the whining from Thaksinland is getting louder.

Besides the political points HAVE been scored, and not for Team Thaksin,

even as Chalerm tries to hoist himself on his own petard in congress,

that doggie is a deadun.

Anyone in the red camp could have come up with the idea, then run by the bosses, got a nod and went forward with the execution.

There's also the fact that it wasn't produced for fun, there was clearly a malicious intent. It's nice to pin it all on some lady at the bus stop, but what are the chances of her giving it to Shinawatra employees purely by accident?

Until they can produce the lady it's the same as "dog ate my homework" defense. No one cares if police investigation doesn't get anywhere - big political points have been scored already, and that's what really matters, not possible jail terms for some low ranking computer geeks.

Of course "accidentally" ended up in a Shin Company - the culprit is the "lady at the bus stop"!

Or a "smear campaign" by "shady figures in the opposition".. well honest father of the 2 bullies will clear it all

he will get the "real culprits"!

Wonder though why no one else came up with a copy from these CD's from the "lady at a bus stop"? :)

Can you please show me more evidence that the investigating officer "owes Thaksin for big favours". Well, other that that some anonymous poster on the internet says so. And being promoted to a position does neither mean that anybody owes any favors, as promotions are quite common in the police force (as they are in most professions).

Please, can you provide any source for this otherwise libelous statement?

Can you please show me more evidence that the investigating officer "owes Thaksin for big favours". Well, other that that some anonymous poster on the internet says so. And being promoted to a position does neither mean that anybody owes any favors, as promotions are quite common in the police force (as they are in most professions).

And the complete quote in context.

Not hardly.

Ignoring the qualifying if,

and that it was a hypothetical question, which I guess you don't understand.

No elevation of position here is without someone above giving their blessing,

and expecting a quid pro quo sometime in the future. It is the Thai system.

The bigger the jump and more plum the position the bigger the debt owed.

Head of police for the north east district is a VERY plum position for a Thaksin man.

Very simple and nothing of libel at all, just favors for favors in the classic way.

But this doesn't mean the investigation is finished, what with a

police reshuffle NOT controlled by Thaksin happening in a matter of weeks.

Edited by animatic

They are still abisits words.

And the PAD/Yellows know what spliced and doctored audio recordings mean, physically and politically. icon10.gif

rats are smelling.

Yeah that IS a good one,

'Abisit is admiting its a employee, now in the company

All your words.

No sale.

YOU are an expert of Dis-information , and trying to tangent things.

We to can cut and paste your words, but we are not that childish.

I suspect you are a PAD/Yellow shirt plant on tv, or are you just dyslexic to..

Clearly not.

He only hears 'His Master's Voice' saying 'sow confusion my son'.

Checks in the mail.

I can just picture him looking sideways at the Victrola, tail askew

LOL.

Unsuprising one-eyed view , as usual.

But the children make us laugh.

Not hardly.

Head of police for the north east district is a VERY plum position for a Thaksin man.

Very simple and nothing of libel at all, just favors for favors in the classic way.

Yes abisit is doing his level best to get his own man in as head of the Police in the reshuffle.

smells of favours.icon5.gif

They are still abisits words.

During yesterday's House Q&A session, Abhisit made a point that if someone recorded the words "I", "am", "a", "dog" which Chalerm has said on different occasions, they could also make a doctored audio clip which has Chalerm saying "I am a dog." :D They would be all Chalerm's words too.

Hope you got what doctored audio recordings mean now. :)

If you still don't, I guess you MUST be Chalerm Yoobumroong. :D

rats are smelling.

Yeah that IS a good one,

'Abisit is admitting its a employee, now in the company

All your words.

No sale.

YOU are an expert of Dis-information , and trying to tangent things.

We to can cut and paste your words, but we are not that childish.

I suspect you are a PAD/Yellow shirt plant on tv, or are you just dyslexic to..

Nope no yellow shirt credentials. Don't know any of them.

Never met one to my knowledge.

I own a yellow shirt with His Majesty's royal logo, which I would wear on Mondays

the Kings birthday during his jubilee year.

I just don't like the Redshirt prostilitizers re-writing history with the Big Lie,

to benefit Thaksin and his cronies. That is my ONLY axe to grind.

No tangents just pointing out on a technical basis that:

a ) this job was sloppily done, and easy to tell.

b ) it is easy enough to do, at that level.

c ) in the right environments the bad editing

could easily be missed and dangerous rumors started.

d ) a real pro could fool most anyone, except the top audio forensics pros.

e ) many audio files contain embedded info about where and who made it,

that users might not even know is there.

f ) having ANYONE connected with SC Assets and Thaksin's sister involved,

makes this even MORE suspicious, bus stop lady or not.

g ) Chalerm is a prat and diggin himself another hole using this in congress.

and Abhisit it talking circles around him and he doesn't get it.

h ) any police promoted extra by Thaksin is automatically suspect in this scenario.

So this audio track must not be disseminated, especially around rallies.

The only childish thing would be to continue a non-productive dialog with you. :)

Edited by animatic

Not hardly.

Yes abisit is doing his level best to get his own man in as head of the Police in the reshuffle.

smells of favours.icon5.gif

Yes, he is it is common sense politics. Preventing a potential counter coup or sedition always is.

And whomever gets the job, will no doubt feel some form if debt is due someday.

TIT :)

Yes, he is it is common sense politics. Preventing a potential counter coup or sedition always is.

common sense politics for abisit, but corruption politics for taksin?

Abhisit is not pushing for his man to be a police chief. He doesn't have his people in the police, he never had a chance to plant any, he's been in power for less than a year.

He pushes for his choice out of seven candidates presented to him.

If anyone thinks the police arent polticised and at the moment in many important positions stuffed with people not close to this government, then they would not really be understanding Thai politics. Several vying factions on the government side are trying to redress this imbalance in their favour to some degree or at least to the degree where they can rely a little more on the police as changing totally the promotion-patronage system employed before would take a long time especially considering it was done by someobne who was once a policeman. Note also that the oppositon party is led by a former police enforcer. The opposition of course want to make sure any redressing of the imbalance is minimized as it will affect what they can do.

Not to say this rioght or wrong. it is just reality of Thai politics.

Now as to whether having the police investigate anythign to do with the political situation can be relied on is moot. And the extremes of both sides will believe what they want to. Although I do have to say the red shirt I know best thinks the audio file is BS!

Power games are never nice and it is difficult for nice guys to play these games.

common sense politics for abisit, but corruption politics for taksin?

The difference is intent.

Thaksin was trying to destabilize a reasonably balanced system for his own benefit.

Abhisit is trying to re-stabilize that system, so it can't go off the tracks again.

Motive and opportunity;

removing lingering Thaksin opportunity from the present situation,

to block the past moves of the motivated clique with bad intent.

The chess match has not been finished, but stasis is not an option at this point.

So the crime is forwarding something that is damaging to "National Security'?

If one doesn't know that it is fake, the mere fact of transmitting it to someone can still get one into trouble. This is a very dangerous precedent. I remember a story hitting the Nation a while ago that Samak intended to resign on the basis of a rumour from a tip off to a reporter. It didn't happen, but in the context of the PAD riots could have been extremely damaging to "National Security".

Now, from another perspective, does this mean that every individual needs to use their own judgement about what represents something that is dangerous to "National Security"? The issue here is that it appears that the clip was faked, but how were the people accused to know that? This is the start of the creation of a self censoring population that is in fear of it's government where the mere act of communicating something is illegal.

I have heard it in China too many times where people say in hushed voice "you can't say that".

The creation of a self censoring population is often one of the goal of a totalitarian regieme, and whilst we don't appear to be at that point yet in Thailand, between Thai libel laws, Thai internet libel laws, this case, Thai lese majeste laws and "National Security" the process appears to be underway.

Edited by Thai at Heart