Ayutthaya - Any Recommendations?

bergen

Hi all

Some friends and I will spend a night or two in Ayutthaya later this year and was just looking for some recommendations regarding hotel/restaurant/nightlife

Hi all Some friends and I will spend a night or two in Ayutthaya later this year and was just looking for some recommendations regarding hotel/restaurant/nightlife Thanks :)

"Nightlife"?

You mean the way the temple ruins are lit up at night?

Seriously, forget about nightlife in Ayutthaya...

Hi all Some friends and I will spend a night or two in Ayutthaya later this year and was just looking for some recommendations regarding hotel/restaurant/nightlife Thanks :)

"Nightlife"?

You mean the way the temple ruins are lit up at night?

Seriously, forget about nightlife in Ayutthaya...

I guess there are some restaurants/bars/pubs or similar open after dark?

Hi all

Some friends and I will spend a night or two in Ayutthaya later this year and was just looking for some recommendations regarding hotel/restaurant/nightlife

You need to be a bit more specific. What's your budget for a hotel? The Krung Sri River is probably the best in town (but only 4*), but there are plenty of cheaper options, including a couple of new boutique hotels.

Restaurants - there are dozens, if not hundreds of them. What cuisine are you thinking of? For western cuisine the options are fairly limited, but for Thai cuisine the choice is much broader. Are you looking for somewhere with air-con and fancy dining, or simple places with much tastier food but lacklustre service?

As for nightlife, the area around the Grand Hotel has most of the local discos and bars - but the area caters more for local Thais (particularly students) than foreigners. Most backpacker-type visitors end up on "Soi Farang" near the Ayothaya hotel, which has a few bars and some restaurant/cafes with food that's less than authentic (and in some cases less than edible).

• 1 month later...

Yes also looking for recommendation for hotel, if anyone knows the names of some of these new boutique hotels. From what I saw laszt time most of the big name hotels on the internet websites are really just tired old buildings. Agreed not much of a place for night life, I would go to one of the restaurants on the river for a nice dinner.