Gays In Chiang Mai Vs. "lanna Culture"

noithip

Not to mention that I doubt in all the history of Thailand that Thais have tended to climb up on pagodas and temples on any occasion whatsoever. I've certainly never heard of it happening during a gay parade- the only people stupid or clueless enough to do this are the tourists (in the same category with tourists who stand on the sleeping Buddhas for photos). It is clearly insincere and intolerant homophobic scare-mongering by a unattractive, despicable fascist- in fact, the first high-profile homophobia I have heard about in Thailand in over a decade (the last time was when they tried to ban all gay teachers and failed).

Gay truth is easy to swallow. Just open wide.

Nothing like a Westen, SF-style gay parade was planned in Chiang Mai. It was planned and sponsored by Thais, proper Lanna gay dreamers and creamers.

I'm not flaunting my sexual style half as much as the straights on Loi Kroh or 114 straight brothels frequented by Thais.

It was most disturbing talking to DJ Aom, it appears they have set themselves up to be the arbitrars and protectors of Lanna culture - whatever the hel_l that is...Culture evolves, I wish these people would too.

Thsi DJ Aom original from Isan. She mentioned that she was from Sankhampang, it is not true. She came to CM for work and met her husband here.

By the way, what she mentioned about Lanna Culture is very ridiculous. She might not know what she talked about. There were many gays in the past of Lanna. Since I could understand the language, I have seen them. My parents and grand parent too.

It was most disturbing talking to DJ Aom, it appears they have set themselves up to be the arbitrars and protectors of Lanna culture - whatever the hel_l that is...Culture evolves, I wish these people would too.

Given the clear homophobic attitudes and violent behaviour of these "arbitrars and protectors of Lanna culture" I think it's a brave move for someone to open a Gay hotel with the name "Lavender Lanna". Were they oblivious to what went down earlier this year, or being deliberatley antaganistic? :D

Kanyapak: If in the future they wish to have a parade they can send us their proposal and if we think that it is polite then we will allow it, and even promote it. We can't have half dressed gay people climbing up pagodas and temples and showing disrespect to our culture.

I wonder if this hotel submitted a proposal before naming the boys at their Power Boys go-go club "The men of Lanna"? I think they'll get a lot more than half dressed gay people (Well, Ok more likely almost naked straight people pretending to be gay :D ) In my experience of go-go shows, there ain't much respect for any culture :) Isn't that the attraction - seeing the worlds taboos broken right in front of your eyes?

And people also talked that a german gay guy who is somehow "married" to a Thai guy by the name Dirk Webber (spell check) also one of the people behind that wanted to stop the gay parade. <deleted> on earth was he thinking? I cant even imagine a gay guy wanting to stop a gay parade. Ugh......Is he out of his mind? Perhaps because it doesnt include hi-so's in town in which he wants to be part of...DUH! Peoplecall him nowadays as Dirk the Jerk! Just saying ya'all

The fact that "moral crusaders" & "cultural police" are reacting quite strongly to this sort of situation, is a good indication that the end of "something" is near. Hopefully the "end" will relate to all this excessive "moral" & "cultural" rubbish.

"Thought Police" are no longer required...unless people aren't allowed to think for themselves.