Volunteer Police

carlthailand

Firstly, I don't want to be one be have seen many a post about them. COuld someone give me an overview of their role/purpose here. Obviously, they are volunteers or do they get some reward or an extra visa stamp.

Cheers in advance for the constructive responses.

Nomad

Cheers in advance for the constructive responses.

:o

Hmm didn't even know they had that here, assuming we are talking about farrang volunteers. They serve a very good function in the States, but they are not functioning as informents they assist in patrol duties recieve basically the same training as the regulars. I don't know but I just have a hard time imagining that they could do that here, the Laws are probably very different then they are accustomed to, the language hurdle, in even learning those laws. I have seen some posts that seem to talk about them serving as snitches for activites involving the bars and the girls activities. What a mess that would be, no farrang i going to change how this society functions if they believe they can then they are probably in the wrong place here.

If a farrang could assist in translation, that would probably be a good function, but beyond that I really don't see any benefit to the Thia or the farrang community.