Khlong Taxi Map

Hannahcopacabana

Hello :D

I'm trying to find a map of the canals and boat-taxis online - no luck :)

Can anyone direct me to a good website with the routes and the names of the stops in English?

Alternatively - can you advise me how to travel from Phra Khanong to Ramkhamhaeng by boat? I know where the stop is at Ramkhamhaeng but I can only seem to get it in the direction of Thong Lo. Surely there's a route that goes to Phra Khanong and Klong Toei...?

Many thanks for your help.

:D

Can anyone direct me to a good website with the routes and the names of the stops in English?

Alternatively - can you advise me how to travel from Phra Khanong to Ramkhamhaeng by boat? I know where the stop is at Ramkhamhaeng but I can only seem to get it in the direction of Thong Lo. Surely there's a route that goes to Phra Khanong and Klong Toei...?

Try this, print it out and show to a Thai:

http://www.ebangkok.org/default.asp?id=276

Alternatively, take a bus to Ramkhamheng, then take a boat back to Prakanong and see where it lets you off.

Mac

The boat stops under the bridge (Klong Tan Pier) right next to Biwa Cafe (a soapy massage), at the end/start of New Petchburi road. It's the cross junction between Pattanakarn road - New Ptchburi road, and Sukhumvit 71 - Ramkhamhaeng... quite near the BTS station that connects to the ne airport/Nasa Vegas hotel.

From the Phrakanong BTS station, you can take the red mini bus/van/lorry/song thiew for 10 Baht and it will take you right under the bridge that is opposite from the Klong Tan pier

Heard rumors about a boat line from Klong Tan that goes to Klong Toei, but I have never been on it or seen boats come from that direction . You probably have to be local and "in the know" to catch that boat. Sorry.

p/s - this link might help :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khlong_Saen_Saep_Express_Boat

Edited by reaper

To travel by boat from Phra Khanong to Ramkhaemheng, you need to catch the boat beside Phra Khanong market. The boat stop is located in between soi 71 and soi 73 right beside the bridge over the khlong, on the soi 71 side.

Its not a regular river boat taxi such as seen on khlong San Saep, but a rather small boat.

Your best bet is to get the small song taw to Khlong Tan, it stops under the bridge, you have to walk to the boat stop, get any boat coming from your rh side going left, they all go to Wat Sri Bun Ruang and stop at Ramkhaenheng.

Coming back get off at Khlong Tan, and either wait for the small boat or get the song taw from the same place you got off.

Have never been to Khlong Toei by boat, dont even know if its possible, perhaps some more knowledgeable poster can comment.

the Phra Khanong boat actually terminates near Seacon Square, not Ramkamhaeng, if I am not misstaken.

there is a German-language guide book, what I would call "a guide to alternative living in Bangkok", and the author is probably the biggest Farang Khlong-Expert and -Fanatic in the entire kingdom.

all stops of the SaenSaeb-line are listed, including information about connecting buses or other means of transport.

and all other Khlongboat-lines and even irregular services that are virtually unknown to any Farang, particularly those in Thonburi. though, probably not very helpful unless u can understand German....