City Life Magaazine, September Issue

Sparkles

As a recent arrival to CM I look forward to the City Life magazine each month. Its certainly given me some interesting reading and this months issue is no exception.

Pim Kemasingki's interview with Chiang Mai Rak 51's leader DJ Aom has given me a better perspective on her groups aims and philosphies. I will leave it to others, who have been her far longer ,and have a better understanding of local issues, to comment on its content. Any takers ?

As a recent arrival to CM I look forward to the City Life magazine each month. Its certainly given me some interesting reading and this months issue is no exception.

Pim Kemasingki's interview with Chiang Mai Rak 51's leader DJ Aom has given me a better perspective on her groups aims and philosphies. I will leave it to others, who have been her far longer ,and have a better understanding of local issues, to comment on its content. Any takers ?

First I would like to say that the questions that Pim put to this woman were fair, reasonable and salient to the issue.

As Pim is fluent in the Thai language I feel sure that the woman would have understood what was being put to her, with no reasons for any misunderstanding based on language.

As a simple comment on the woman being interviewed is that her answers all defend her (their) position. She is unable to see anything other than what she chooses to see.

With people like her running around the day will not be far off when Thailand erupts with a crisis so violent that all other protests of the past will pale in comparison with what the nation is facing. It is just a matter of when.

And finally I will say it again these people are hel_l bent on destroying the country that they claim to love so much.

It was a very good interview Pim and the responses you received will have left you in no doubt as to the direction where things are heading.

There is already a thread running on this in another forum, including a comment from Pim here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2983862

There is already a thread running on this in another forum, including a comment from Pim here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2983862

Sorry for the confusion,I did not see the other thread when posting , but I am not just referring to the opposition to the gay parade it goes a lot deeper than that. It almost appears that Chiang Mai Rak 51 have assumed the mantle of guardians of morality and political justice issues. As a newcomer to C Mai I just looked forward to others observations.

I strongly disagree with her views and actions against gay people. In addition I think it's a political mistake to include that in their agenda; lots of gay Thais like democracy (and/or Thaksin) too. Other than that she made a lot of sense and I agree with many of the points she makes. The military coup and shredding the 1997 constitution was a disaster for the country. So were the Yellow airport blockade, and the red riots in Bangkok.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

With people like her running around the day will not be far off when Thailand erupts with a crisis so violent that all other protests of the past will pale in comparison with what the nation is facing. It is just a matter of when.

I tend to agree unfortunately :)

I started reading the article wanting to support her, but the more I read the harder it got. She didn't do her side any favors in this article. Her "We are Chiang Mai's morality police" attitude was a little talibanesque, and her casual dismissal of violence was disturbing, especially when she suggested that a mob of people beating an old man to death was somehow self defense. Yikes! She lost some points in my book.