Ksc Lite ., In Bkk

oMega69

Hi.. just moved in to BKK from Pattaya... in Pattaya i use MAXnet Premier 3mbits.., did work flawless !

I might can install same same here in Asoke also..., but i look at KSC also..... any one have experience with them here ? ? . . ,

And.. if there is big difference in Lite / Prime package. . , I have a TOT line to the condo . . ,,

Thanks..

Hi.. just moved in to BKK from Pattaya... in Pattaya i use MAXnet Premier 3mbits.., did work flawless !

I might can install same same here in Asoke also..., but i look at KSC also..... any one have experience with them here ? ? . . ,

And.. if there is big difference in Lite / Prime package. . , I have a TOT line to the condo . . ,,

Thanks..

Be aware that KSC is a part of the TRUE group.

I got KSC a couple of months ago. Since I did not need a router they offered me a monthly, pay-as-you-go account, which I took. First month, very fast though expensive (about double the price of TRUE). Second month, slower and unresponsive to complaints - usual TRUE crapnet stuff.

The jury is still out but if they continue to piss me around I will give them the flick pass sharpish. I have low (read no) tolerance for crap Thai service when it is not hard to give good service, anyone who chooses to give me <deleted> service ends up knowing my opinion on the matter.

Worth a try but you may need to 'keep the bastards honest'. Remember they are TRUE at heart.

Thanks..

Be aware that KSC is a part of the TRUE group.

I got KSC a couple of months ago. Since I did not need a router they offered me a monthly, pay-as-you-go account, which I took. First month, very fast though expensive (about double the price of TRUE). Second month, slower and unresponsive to complaints - usual TRUE crapnet stuff.

The jury is still out but if they continue to piss me around I will give them the flick pass sharpish. I have low (read no) tolerance for crap Thai service when it is not hard to give good service, anyone who chooses to give me <deleted> service ends up knowing my opinion on the matter.

Worth a try but you may need to 'keep the bastards honest'. Remember they are TRUE at heart.

Hi Kevin,

Can I ask how their international connection is - are you able to stream from American or European sites? Also, which package did you go for?

I ask because I am also thinking of giving them a go on the same deal as you, self install your own router and only have to use the service for 2 months. As you say they're bl00dy expensive, but if the international bandwidth was good enough I'd be prepared to pay it.

Many thanks,

Tom.

Hey Tom.

Well, the first month was quick-ish. I got the 2Mb offer btw. The second month was awful, as bad as TRUE crapnet and slower than the EDGE connection on my phone, hence the complaint. The way they dealt with the complaint was typical Thai, no escalation, no return phone calls, the usual Thai shit, these prix can't win for losing. I will see what month 3 is like before I pay the prix a red cent. if it is equally shitty they can go whistle and I will go Loxinfo, they seem like the next one on the list.

I gather this is usual, get a new farang punter, give him a good service for a month then throttle back or do some prejudicial load-balancing and hope is is no smarter than the Thai punters.

I did speak to them quite sharply though so they certainly know they pooped on my doorstep :)

• 4 weeks later...

I live close to Asoke and I've had KSC Lite for about 5 or 6 months and am delighted with the speed. I get more or less what I pay for (4 Megs @ THB2,490 pm) and regularly speedtest.net it on servers in both the US and the UK.

Having said that, coming from the roadcrash that is TOT Internet, anything is an improvement.