Win Xp Sp2 Possible Security Exposure

Art

I recently installed Windows XP SP2 on a PC that had a blank hard drive (not an upgrade).

I have a question about something that looks like a possible security exposure. I went into User Accounts in Control Panel. I see an Administrator account and a Guest account as I expected. But I also see an "ASP.NET Machine A..." account. It indicated, "Limited account, Password protected". Is this normal? The picture icon associated with that account is strange- like a cartoon animal.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I recently installed Windows XP SP2 on a PC that had a blank hard drive (not an upgrade).

I have a question about something that looks like a possible security exposure.  I went into User Accounts in Control Panel.  I see an Administrator account and a Guest account as I expected.  But I also see an "ASP.NET Machine A..." account.  It indicated, "Limited account, Password protected".  Is this normal?  The picture icon associated with that account is strange- like a cartoon animal.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Yes it's a normal account , the icon should be that of a person in front of a monitor though. Maybe to much chang ? :o

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about something that looks like a possible security exposure.  I went into User Accounts in Control Panel.  I see an Administrator account and a Guest account as I expected.  But I also see an "ASP.NET Machine A..." account.  It indicated, "Limited account, Password protected".  Is this normal?  The picture icon associated with that account is strange- like a cartoon animal.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Yes it's a normal account , the icon should be that of a person in front of a monitor though. Maybe to much chang ? :D

Continuing my "security check"... Darknight, are you runnning SP2 of Windows XP (as I am)? In my icons area for accounts, there is no icon with a person in front of a monitor (see directory below). The strange icon I mentioned in my original post was the default for "ASP.NET Machine A..." that came with Windows XP SP2 and it is cat.bmp in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures