Paying For A Emirates Ticket

malct

Hi

I am wanting to book a ticket for my Girlfriend from bangkok to manchester with emirates and the only way that i can pay for her is Via a company called Global Collect BV who are based in holland.

I have a few issues with this service which are

the ticket cost is 41705baht and with the currancy conversion amounts to £744 (emirates converstion)

Yesterday i made the online booking and i was sent instuctions on where to send the payment to, but my bank calculated the ticket price at £764 with £25 service charge.

I find the currency conversion in the UK is very much in the banks favor and then they charge you yet again for the transfer of funds.

also i am not keen on using Global Collect BV, There is no help line number if anything goes wrong and i dont think Emirates would be much good when you read the following.

What happens once I have made the bank transfer? Once payment is made, please allow up to 6 days to receive the e-ticket. If you do not receive the e-ticket within 6 days please contact your local Emirates office, and you may be required to provide a proof of payment. Emirates will not contact you directly if the full amount is not received, or if we are unable to match the funds transfer to your booking.

Please note that the name of our service provider, GlobalCollect, will appear on your statement once the transaction has been processed. The account details above should not be used for the transfer of any other fees (e.g. date change fees, difference in fares, other bookings where bank transfer was not selected)

We will send you a confirmation email including your booking reference number and electronic tickets once payment has been received. Below are the details of your itinerary.

My only other option is to wait until i go to bangkok and go to the office and book and pay for the flight, but there is a risk that the fair will go up in price (arrive 6 days before flying to the UK)

I could of cause transfer the Money into my GF account but then i still have to pay for the transfer of funds.

I did phone the bangkok office and offered to pay via direct debt card, but was told that i have to sign the recipt in front of the cashier....

Any help or tips or experiances

Regards

Malc

Hi

because my girlfriend isn't on my booking, then a credit card payment has to be in the name of the person travelling and not by a third party.

what Emirates say, if i was to pay for her by credit card, she wound not be allowed to travel.

Too bad that you have a girlfriend who cannot afford to buy her own ticket!

Anyway, with Emirates, if you have a frequent flyer number (actually you can just register for this scheme online); you just have to make an internet booking and then you will have 5 days to pay for it...

Send her the money (and booking reference) to buy the ticket at the main office Suk.20...

I just bought one for myself, traveling October, Bkk/Paris return for THB 22,000 (and if I am remembering well Manchester was at around 18,000!)

Hi

I am wanting to book a ticket for my Girlfriend from bangkok to manchester with emirates and the only way that i can pay for her is Via a company called Global Collect BV who are based in holland.

the ticket cost is 41705baht and with the currancy conversion amounts to £744 (emirates converstion)

Yesterday i made the online booking and i was sent instuctions on where to send the payment to, but my bank calculated the ticket price at £764 with £25 service charge.

I find the currency conversion in the UK is very much in the banks favor and then they charge you yet again for the transfer of funds.

also i am not keen on using Global Collect BV, There is no help line number if anything goes wrong and i dont think Emirates would be much good when you read the following.

What happens once I have made the bank transfer? Once payment is made, please allow up to 6 days to receive the e-ticket. If you do not receive the e-ticket within 6 days please contact your local Emirates office, and you may be required to provide a proof of payment. Emirates will not contact you directly if the full amount is not received, or if we are unable to match the funds transfer to your booking.

Please note that the name of our service provider, GlobalCollect, will appear on your statement once the transaction has been processed. The account details above should not be used for the transfer of any other fees (e.g. date change fees, difference in fares, other bookings where bank transfer was not selected)

We will send you a confirmation email including your booking reference number and electronic tickets once payment has been received. Below are the details of your itinerary.

My only other option is to wait until i go to bangkok and go to the office and book and pay for the flight, but there is a risk that the fair will go up in price (arrive 6 days before flying to the UK)

I could of cause transfer the Money into my GF account but then i still have to pay for the transfer of funds.

I did phone the bangkok office and offered to pay via direct debt card, but was told that i have to sign the recipt in front of the cashier....

Regards

Malc

:)

Does emirates have a local office in Manchester?

It should be possible to go to the local Emirates office, make a booking there, and pay them in CASH, probably in pounds (depending on their conversion rate). Purchase a third-party ticket for cash, with the stipulation that the ticket is to be picked up in Bangkok by you girlfriend with proper identification required to pick up the ticket. She may be able to pick up the ticket at the airport, or if not then at the Emirates office in Bangkok. She will need to be at the airport early enough to be able to get the ticket, so she should be there early....and make sure she has her I.D. card to verify her identity...and passport of course to travel.

If Emirates doesn't have a Machester office, any travel agent can arrange the ticket, if you go to them. I doubt that it will be more expensive from a travel agent, because the agents usually get their cut from the airlines.

The other way would be to send the money to your girlfriend in Bangkok and let her purchase the ticket. But thgt assumes you've got somewhere to send the money to her.

:D

Ok, this is the way to do it. Ive done it myself as recently as last month. Go to Emirates website, select dates and travel for your girlfriend. When you come to pay, check the box - PAY AT LOCAL OFFICE. IE, i guess Manchester Airport (I went to Birmingham airport to pay mine), you can pay by credit card/debit card, whichever way suits you. They will give you her tickets and a Reference Number. You give this reference number to your girlfriend in Thailand. She goes to airport as normal, tells lady at Emirates check in and she will issue her tickets. If she hasnt flown before, tell her to ask lady at check in for help. Emirates provided a member of staff to take her all the way to departures. If i can be of any more help. PM me.

Edited by Bladefire

Hi

Thank you for your advice.

I live a good 100 miles from the nearest Emirates Office, So paying there is not going to be a option.

Its either paying Via Global collect or wait till i go to bangkok on the 28th September and just pay at the emirates office.

My travel plans are, get to bangkok on the 26th and catch the morning flight to singapore for the F1 race and back to bangkok monday morning, so that will allow me to get to the Bangkok Emirates office and on Tuesday i am going off to yasathon to meet up with the GF, so time is tight.

Would love to get to one of the beaches for 3 days, but will end up spending 9 days just travelling.

My flight back to the UK is on Sunday the 4th Oct and the GF will be travelling with me, so she will be OK.

Its just all the hassle in getting the ticket without the feeling of getting ripped off.... They say its due to fraud !!!! Do i look like a Gangster :)

Ok, this is the way to do it. Ive done it myself as recently as last month. Go to Emirates website, select dates and travel for your girlfriend. When you come to pay, check the box - PAY AT LOCAL OFFICE. IE, i guess Manchester Airport (I went to Birmingham airport to pay mine), you can pay by credit card/debit card, whichever way suits you. They will give you her tickets and a Reference Number. You give this reference number to your girlfriend in Thailand. She goes to airport as normal, tells lady at Emirates check in and she will issue her tickets. If she hasnt flown before, tell her to ask lady at check in for help. Emirates provided a member of staff to take her all the way to departures. If i can be of any more help. PM me.

Hi

Regards

Malc

:)

Does emirates have a local office in Manchester?

It should be possible to go to the local Emirates office, make a booking there, and pay them in CASH, probably in pounds (depending on their conversion rate). Purchase a third-party ticket for cash, with the stipulation that the ticket is to be picked up in Bangkok by you girlfriend with proper identification required to pick up the ticket. She may be able to pick up the ticket at the airport, or if not then at the Emirates office in Bangkok. She will need to be at the airport early enough to be able to get the ticket, so she should be there early....and make sure she has her I.D. card to verify her identity...and passport of course to travel.

If Emirates doesn't have a Machester office, any travel agent can arrange the ticket, if you go to them. I doubt that it will be more expensive from a travel agent, because the agents usually get their cut from the airlines.

The other way would be to send the money to your girlfriend in Bangkok and let her purchase the ticket. But thgt assumes you've got somewhere to send the money to her.

:D

If you book an emirates flight at one of their offices it will cost you more than the internet price.

Brigante7.

Regards

Malc

----------------------

wee jimmy - Why don't you call Emirates in Manchester and pay by Master Card or go on line and pay. I use Emirates all the time and have had no problems. I'm also flying out of BKK on the 29th of this month returning 20th December and the cost is 45400 Baht.

------------------------------------

I do not want to be too disrespecful.... but arent you paying too much really. I mean you pay more than double... is there a

reason that is good to know for others. maybe Emirates are having free girls or something???

Glegolo

I do not want to be too disrespecful.... but arent you paying too much really. I mean you pay more than double... is there a

reason that is good to know for others. maybe Emirates are having free girls or something???

Glegolo

I was thinking the same thing myself,i was qouted 42,000 baht for a emirates ticket BKK--MAN return when i pointed out i

only wanted a 3 month ticket they came back with 33,290 baht all inclusive

I think wee jimmy has bought a 1 year ticket when he should have asked for a 3 month ticket or the travel agent wants to

pocket the difference

Phone Emirates and explain your predicament . They let my mate pay with his credit card , Then he scanned his card E mailed it to his girlfriend, so she had a copy of the card when boarding.They Ok that .

Yes, it is a lot of dosh but it's because I'm returning to Thailand 20/12/09. it's close to Christmas. I've tried a lot of airlines and they are all about the same price. I'ts also easier for me flying into Glasgow.

Yes, it is a lot of dosh but it's because I'm returning to Thailand 20/12/09. it's close to Christmas. I've tried a lot of airlines and they are all about the same price. I'ts also easier for me flying into Glasgow.

I could of bought this ticket for 33,290 baht from TRAVEXNET.COM CHAINGMAI but decided on a January return i also emailed

SAVE FLIGHTS and MTT and was qouted around the same price

2 EK 419 U 30SEP 3 BKKDXB HK1 0230 0535 30SEP E EK/DBNXXB

3 EK 017 U 30SEP 3 DXBMAN HK1 0755 1225 30SEP E EK/DBNXXB

4 EK 020 U 22DEC 2*MANDXB HK1 2010 0705 23DEC E EK/DBNXXB

5 EK 372 U 23DEC 3*DXBBKK HK1 0940 1840 23DEC E EK/DBNXXB

If you have a paypal account you can use that with emirates (enquired a couple of months ago). Asked if I could buy tickets for my wife and son to meet me in Hong Kong (from BKK) if I routed my flight via there on the way to BKK and it did not appear to be a problem , by their response. (to avoid the "must have a the credit card that booked the ticket" problem.