Thai Airways Ranked In Top Three Airline

george

THAI wins travellers' admiration

BANGKOK: -- Thai Airways International is ranked in the top three of the world's best airlines, best business class and best cabin service among frequent flyers in the SmartTravelAsia.com travel magazine poll.

THAI was voted third in "The Best Business Class Worldwide" category and second in "The Best Cabin Service Worldwide". It was the third winner in " The Best Airlines Worldwide 2009" category.

Voters said THAI's brand image has continued to strengthen especially in the crucial service area. Voters were impressed with the ever-present Thai ready smile; the strong South East Asian route network; the "quick" meal services, "ready smiles", and "generally attentive" cabin service. One comment was that THAI's in-flight service was " quite elegant and more consistent in its warmth when compared with other Asian carriers"

SmartTravelAsia.com is the region's dedicated online travel magazine with over one million readers worldwide. The majority of the readers are frequent travelers. This online magazine offers review-based editorial written by seasoned journalists to help the travelers make the best choices for them.

The poll lasted for three months, starting from May to July. Approximately 60 percent of the voters were based in Asia, largely in Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and the Middle East.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-04

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the headline should have been ..

Bangkok Airways and Samui Airport ranked in the world’s top 10

Want to know which airports are the best in the world? Samui Airport was announced the world’s top 10 in the “Best Airports Worldwide” category for the fourth consecutive year whilst Bangkok Airways is ranked in the top 10 in the “Best Cabin Service Worldwide” category following an annual “Best Asian Travel Brand 2009” poll surveyed by one of Asia’s forefront online travel magazine, Smart Travel Asia.

Samui Airport, the only regional airport on the list, sees over 6 million passengers and more than 15,000 flights per year mainly by Bangkok Airways and other airlines such as Thai Airways International. Samui Airport serves domestic and international direct flights to and from Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi, Chiang Mai, Pattaya (U-Tapao), Krabi, Singapore, Hong Kong, Penang and Kuala Lumpur.

For Bangkok Airways, being included in the top ten in the “Best Cabin Service Worldwide” category is another achievement this year after breaking the record with repeated success in winning the annual assessment of the Skytrax World Airline Award as the “Best Regional Airline” six times in a row since 2004.

The Smart Travel Asia’s travel poll is surveyed annually in different categories such as hotels, resorts, spas, airlines and airports. For more information on Smart Travel Asia, visit www.smarttravelasia.com.

http://www.examiner.com/x-723-Internationa...e-worlds-top-10

Cannot believe nor accept this statement.

It floored me, but then , I see it was reported by "The Nation" so no one can even be assured that Thai even flies anymore.

After how many reports to this "funny Paper", they still have the little boys paper airplane staying aloft for 12.5 minutes when in fact if the Little Maung was able to keep the oragami plain aloft for 12.5 minutes, he should be going to NASA, not Japan.

For a people who are so afraid of loosing face, I cannot understand the management of "The Funny Paper". They're a joke.

Cannot agree with this ranking. For Asia, maybe sufficient but never worldwide !

posttenebraslux

Ditto.

For a more comprehensive poll take a look at Skytrax.

I honestly don't see TG better ranked than Qatar, Asiana, Emirates, Malaysia, Kingfisher etc etc.

In the same polls Swampy is ranked No. 3 worldwide. :):D:D

:) TG beat Garuda. That's an impressive achievement.

Nice bit of promo placement. Decrepit planes, some of the worst on time arrival stats for international carriers in the region, and lacklustre management. MH and SQ have their faults too, but they have a core of loyal PAX/clients, unlike TG. Sorry, but Nok Air and Bangkok Airways do a better job as regional carriers. (And TG has a significant interest in Nok, so go figure.) My last flight on TG to Japan was a depressing litany of failures. Late departing, aged worn out 747, disorganized FAs, pandemonium at the gate and one heck of a hard landing. Nearly missed my connection, and my luggage didn't make that flight. Nope sorry, but TG sucks. My error in not taking the UA flight which always departs and arrives on time and where the FAs as grumpy and miserable as can be can at least get me out of the plane safely in the event of a problem. It was a star alliance option and I made the mistake of letting my sentiments of supporting TG push aside the intelligent choice. Won't make that mistake again next month.

No doubt there are many of these "best of" publications. Be a good advertiser and you get nominated, not rocket science. However Thai is in financial trouble as such these articles are meaningless as they in actuality don't deliver as promised. Too expensive, poor service, the punters know the truth.

Bangkok Airways is an excellent regional carrier.

Service is perfect.

Meals are not that bad for such short flights (wines, beer).

LOUNGE EVEN IN ECO!!!

No delay.

Security WAS 100%, now 99% but remains high. All the airways have an accident some times.

Edited by geovalin

A couple years back, we all flew Thai - the service was stunning - we dumped all the BA, AA etc - then they all started to suck - even Emirates

got in on the act. Emirates?! With their Uber-Alles mentality?!

Singapore nailed everyone to the Cross. I walked thru HK Airport one day - all those hip hugging uniforms changed me forever.

It would be a kick in the head were Thai to, once again, gain the upper hand. Maybe a while, though.

The lady with me tonite is SGA

thai airways ranked in top 3, I seriously find that very hard to believe though. heres my take on this matter

1. thai airways lost some 41 billion baht, this was reported and did lay off staff

2. due to various conflicts and other parties of interest who seem to be involved with thai airways, it will never even be in the top 10 let alone top 3 in anything

3. Even bangkok airways does better than thai airways. I've flown singapore airlines, cathay pacific & korean airlines and let me tell you there all very similiar in taking care of their customers. Their structure, management, employees is done good.

4. I could fly thai airways if it suddenly became a low budget airline.

WAIT I know top 3 for

1. old airplanes

2. poor services

3. a bankrupt airline still flying

last thing R.I.P. ( rest in pieces ) thai airways

20 years ago I would have agreed with this poll.

Yep, I think that is about right. THAI have just become complacent and tried to live on their old repuation, the problem is that their planes are on the whole old and crap, and the food is average. They are never a carrier of choice for me, unless I really need to use them. SQ just puts THAI to shame.

I've never flown with Thai Airways but my parents came to visit me a few months ago and sang their praises, best flight they ever had, comfort, food and service blah blah. (London to BKK)

i knew I would love Thailand from the service on a thai airways flight....

I think this poll was about service and come on u cynical old TV farts can´t u give at least a half hearted cheer for something the thai,s do best.

Didn,t notice the old banger we were flying in didn´t miss the 200 film channels, just enjoyed the retro feel of 1st class service in economy.

I will just have to put up with an Emirates A380 next trip but will be dreaming of Thai Airways service

I've never flown with Thai Airways but my parents came to visit me a few months ago and sang their praises, best flight they ever had, comfort, food and service blah blah. (London to BKK)

i knew I would love Thailand from the service on a thai airways flight....

I think this poll was about service and come on u cynical old TV farts can´t u give at least a half hearted cheer for something the thai,s do best.

Didn,t notice the old banger we were flyincellent.g in didn´t miss the 200 film channels, just enjoyed the retro feel of 1st class service in economy.

I will just have to put up with an Emirates A380 next trip but will be dreaming of Thai Airways service

I agree with ya mate. I think the best airline I have been on is Thai. The way that they look after children, like my son, makes me want to fly with them. In general their service is excellent and naturally friendly. Their food is also good. Malaysian Airlines ? Wish I had bought my own sandwiches.

No way. This airline is crap for service, price and quality of their planes. :)

My wife flew to Thailand with our wee boy recenrly and she flew with Thai airways and she said they were great, flights were on time, service was excellent and the staff were very very helpful, she was happy.

Brigante7.

Just another April 1 joke that is either early for next year or late for this one.

No complaints about the service from New Zealand , decent planes, excellent service, friendly cabin staff, so in my opinion they deserve to be ranked number 3

Patently not too many readers in Korea. Where are Korean/Asiana or Incheon?

These kind of polls which rely on people picking up a magazine to bother voting are pointless. The sample is so ridiculously skewed

from the beginning that it cannot be trusted.

Wouldn't it be better to state, small islands with highest level of English reading high wealth individuals of Asian and Caucasian persuasion come 1st and 2nd closely followed by Thai airways with higher number of retirees and tourists who were bored so bothered to vote?

The real problem with TG is the complete lack of consistency in terms of hardware and service.

On the same route you can either have an old crappy Airbus 300 with prehistoric seats in C class, or a brand new 777 or A330 with the latest equipments.

Same goes for the service. I fly C or F only, and frankly speaking it is either outstanding or pathetic service. Mo middle ground.

What a load of crap - I live here and have for many years and never would use thai air in a fit, even domestically, i would rather fly bangkok air or air asia just to avoid thai air.

If you probably dig deep, hidden somewhere under the corruption that goes along with swampy and thai air you will probably find thai air owns the website etc that ran the poll, and they probably only surveyed their own staff under the pressure of a bribe :)