Air Conditioning Units

bangkokrick

Hi All,

I will be moving to Jomtien this month and I will be looking for air conditioning units for the house. Has anyone bought these recently or knows the best place to buy around Pattaya (promotions). I am in Bangkok at the moment, but will be driving down next week.

2 x 12000 btu

2 x 9000 btu.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers, Rick

I recently got a York 9000 BTU aircon fully fitted and 3 cleans within the first year for 13,000 baht

from a shop on Sukhumvit road.

Nanaphan Electric co LTD 222/15-16 moo 6 Tel : 038-716691-2

recomended to me by some aircon fitters, they buy their supplies there.

you'll pass it on the way into central Pattaya.

They have a good selection of aircon.

The workmen arrived on time and did a clean job, have had them come and clean it once so far

this aircon has been on constantly for 6 months now...no problems.

Edited by johng

I recently got a York 9000 BTU aircon fully fitted and 3 cleans within the first year for 13,000 baht

The workmen arrived on time and did a clean job, have had them come and clean it once so far

Thanks for the information mate.

Cheers, Rick

The easiest way to spot this place is look for the HUGE rooftop sign saying Central aircon - thats them just over the ridge on left hand side between Pattaya Nua and Pattaya Klang where the new fly over is being built - they are past ARC - another aircon shop. I look at many and chose Nanaparn - I have always been very impressed with them especially on pricing and after sales service.

I can highly recommend "ARC", located on Sukhumvit Road. I've been here almost 18 years now and have dealt with them from the beginning. We are currently doing a 30 villa development in Stahip-District and ARC will do all the a/c work there. Total reliability and very pleasant people to deal with. Just give Raymond Bertsch a call 081 - 822 99 68

The thing is; if you want professionalism and service, you can't beat this european outfit.

Cheers,

Edited by jaapfries

There was something in the newspaper this week about the government waiving VAT on AC units to support local industry (are these things made here, or like many foreign cars just imported knocked-down and reassembled here?). It may be worth checking the time frame it's valid and being sure you get it, as that would already save you 7%.

Hi All,

I will be moving to Jomtien this month and I will be looking for air conditioning units for the house. Has anyone bought these recently or knows the best place to buy around Pattaya (promotions). I am in Bangkok at the moment, but will be driving down next week.

2 x 12000 btu

2 x 9000 btu.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers, Rick

Maybe you could have a look at Daikin airconditioners.

Daikin's are suitable to connect 3 room/wall units to one compressor outside.

Resulting in quite a hefty saving in electricity and noise.

Our electric bills went down around 1000 baht a month.

As I don't live anywhere near Pattaya, I have no idea where to buy.

But remember Daikin.

They are also eligible for the lower tax band.

ARC, Nanaphan and Chokchai (all right next to each other on Suk) sell Daikin. Boonthavorn, across the street, is massive and I would guess has Daikin also...if not, it is worth a stop just to check out all the stuff! HomeWorks and HomePro all have a large selection, but I did not specifically look for Daikin.