Any Suggestion On Where My Shawarma, Donor Kebab Or Whatever U'd Lkie To Call It Should Be Located?

newlymama

New help!.,....

I am relocating to Chiang Mai in three months and is planning on opening a shawarma mini kiosk in town...

I am hesitating of the right locations..... so i need suggestions.

maybe some suggestions on the menu would be good too.

My chef is turkish... we seem to have some communication difficulties to understand each other but he makes best shawarma... please help.....

Much appreciation in advance, :)

somewhere near/on loi kroh or mikes burgers. has to be within shooting range of all the falang. near spicy may work too, but i heard they are moving

dont bother with the night bazzar. - maybe it would work in anusarn market, but its mostly short time tourists who want to eat at a "real thai" restaurant.

Edited by Shah Jahan

Definitely avoid the Night Bazaar. The last shawarma stand lasted all of about 4 weeks there. The location that the others mentioned is the best central location.

And please offer chicken shawarma...whatever the dark colored meat the other place in Night Bazaar offered looked gross. We couldn't eat it.

Chok dee!

Great news!!  I would love a Taco al pastor please. If you can make gyro/shawarma then you can make Taco al pastor also.

That would be my suggested additional item on the menu. :D  

About the location, I saw Mikes Express on Nimmanhaemin Road only a small counter.

However, I personally would follow wherever there's good food.

New help!.,....

I am relocating to Chiang Mai in three months and is planning on opening a shawarma mini kiosk in town...

My chef is turkish... we seem to have some communication difficulties to understand each other but he makes best shawarma... please help.....

Definitely avoid the Night Bazaar. The last shawarma stand lasted all of about 4 weeks there. The location that the others mentioned is the best central location.

And please offer chicken shawarma...whatever the dark colored meat the other place in Night Bazaar offered looked gross. We couldn't eat it.

Chok dee!

I think it was supposed to be beef, and the places was run by indians. :) But it is impossible to get good beef in LOS, unless it is imported from NZ of course and then those will be some expensive sharmwas.

had high hopes about that last one, however inedible food and bad location for target customer base (backpackers, drunks, locals and local drunks - which one are you?)

There was also that place on chaing moi just past loi kroh, run by an arab. but that must have been 4 years ago, but was not the best, but closer to the bars so they survived a bit longer.

so we can all agree then, one chicken and one lamb and we will let you in.

Chok dee!

I think it was supposed to be beef, and the places was run by indians. :) But it is impossible to get good beef in LOS, unless it is imported from NZ of course and then those will be some expensive sharmwas.

had high hopes about that last one, however inedible food and bad location for target customer base (backpackers, drunks, locals and local drunks - which one are you?)

There was also that place on chaing moi just past loi kroh, run by an arab. but that must have been 4 years ago, but was not the best, but closer to the bars so they survived a bit longer.

so we can all agree then, one chicken and one lamb and we will let you in.

Actually the one in the Night Bazaar was run by a very friendly and attractive Thai lady. :D In fact her stand is still there but only sells drinks and Turkish coffee now. I haven't seen her around recently.

Actually the one in the Night Bazaar was run by a very friendly and attractive Thai lady. :) In fact her stand is still there but only sells drinks and Turkish coffee now. I haven't seen her around recently.

Maybe we are thinking of different places, the one I am talking about was at the end of Loi Kroh almost at the Night Bazzar right next to the 7-11 - in a little tiny hole in the wall. Looked like it was run by the indian/nepali tailor mafia. food was horrible and I don't think it lasted long.

there is a guy who shows up sometimes at the sunday market in one of the wats, that makes a passable... shrawma - I think he told me that he had a shop somewhere, but I never bothered to go looking.

Actually the one in the Night Bazaar was run by a very friendly and attractive Thai lady. :) In fact her stand is still there but only sells drinks and Turkish coffee now. I haven't seen her around recently.

Maybe we are thinking of different places, the one I am talking about was at the end of Loi Kroh almost at the Night Bazzar right next to the 7-11 - in a little tiny hole in the wall. Looked like it was run by the indian/nepali tailor mafia. food was horrible and I don't think it lasted long.

there is a guy who shows up sometimes at the sunday market in one of the wats, that makes a passable... shrawma - I think he told me that he had a shop somewhere, but I never bothered to go looking.

I think the guy at the Wat you are referring to is the brother of the guy from Royal India. Or some family connection. His shawarma are pretty good. Another relative - sister in law or something, used to show up at at the night market at Meechok Plaza on Monday nights. I haven't seen her for a year now.

Edited by elektrified

New help!.,....I am relocating to Chiang Mai in three months and is planning on opening a shawarma mini kiosk in town... I am hesitating of the right locations..... so i need suggestions. maybe some suggestions on the menu would be good too. My chef is turkish... we seem to have some communication difficulties to understand each other but he makes best shawarma... please help.....Much appreciation in advance, :)

Having been involved in a restaurant before, I have to ask if plan on relocating and opening a restaurant "immediately" at a location garnered from these suggestions or are you just getting ideas of areas to look at after you move?

And then I have to ask..... you asked for menu suggestions but can not talk with your chef? You imply he makes one good dish (you didn't say everything he makes is great but the shawarma really stands out). So, how are you going to build a menu when you can't tell the chef what to make?

My appologies if I am overworking your simple requests for locations and menu items.

New help!.,....

Outside Powerhouse Gym would be nice - just kidding.

As others have already suggested - in the Thapae Gate area would be best. Somewhere between Loi Kroh and Spicy's I reckon.

• 1 year later...

Newlymama is back after 1 year of raising baby.....

I have been looking for suggested locations to persue my dream shawamar/donor house.... but couldnt find right one that suit my budget on Ta Pae...

Recntly got a place in Night Bazaar.....

Sorry to those of you who dislike this area but its the best i can do for the moment...... will let everyone know once its complete, should be in a month.

Yes, lamb will be available

Tasty and affordable falafel, hummus,babaganus and biriyani too....

This is not an advertising, its just giving information.

Thank you

Newlymama is back after 1 year of raising baby.....

I have been looking for suggested locations to persue my dream shawamar/donor house.... but couldnt find right one that suit my budget on Ta Pae...

Recntly got a place in Night Bazaar.....

Sorry to those of you who dislike this area but its the best i can do for the moment...... will let everyone know once its complete, should be in a month.

Yes, lamb will be available

Tasty and affordable falafel, hummus,babaganus and biriyani too....

This is not an advertising, its just giving information.

Thank you

Don't worry, supply a good product at value for money and you'll get all the advertising you need via others. smile.gif