Best Value For Money Apartment Near Bts?

portchester23

I have given up on seeking a reasonably priced apartment near Thonglor. All enquiries I made after posts to my other thread (with thanks) drew a blank.

My question is, where is the best value for money obtained for apartments within a few minutes walk of a skytrain or subway station? I'm thinking Ari or Rachada way. Any suggested buildings?

I have given up on seeking a reasonably priced apartment near Thonglor. All enquiries I made after posts to my other thread (with thanks) drew a blank.

My question is, where is the best value for money obtained for apartments within a few minutes walk of a skytrain or subway station? I'm thinking Ari or Rachada way. Any suggested buildings?

Maybe something here: http://www.bahtsold.com

Also, maybe try the Bkk post

(did I actually just say that???) :o:D

Reasonably priced meaning not 45,000 baht for 2 bed apartment at ThongLor. I'm looking to pay around 15,000 max, pref less if studio with good facilities is fine.

Looking for something similar myself, for about 10,000-15,000. Can be anywhere on BTS/MRT line, best if close to Phloen Chit.

You could try the two condos buildings, Sri Vara I & II right behind Carrefour on Rachada. Can't miss them, 20+ storeys high. Studio rooms are 40 sq.m. and would go for, I think, 9-12K. The first building seems the nicer place and I think they rent out some rooms themselves (as opposed to just individual owners), which would be helpful if you are looking short term. They have a pool and I expect a gym too. Walking distance to MRT (Thailand Cultural Center?) and Carrefour/Robinson/Jusco on your doorstep. Not bad really. :o

ARI: NovelPlace (around 12000 studio) - 10 min. BTS Ari

RATCHADAPISEK: BU Tower (around 14000 studio) - 10 min. MRT PraR9

LADPRAO: PK Mansion (10800 1-bedroom) - 10 min. MRT LadPrao

tried ALL of the above, all do have pool & gym as well

nevertheless my NEXT and BEST place is still to be found...

5 mins away from onnut. fully furnished. pool. workout room. parking. 2 bedroom. security etc.... 7000 baht per month. very clean and under 5 years old. alot of Thais and not many westerners yet. if you want to have more info pm me and when i go past it today i shall get their phone number and info for you. I know of it cause its the first place i stayed when i came here. Was very happy when most of the Thais there spoke very good English and was ok with me living amongst them,.

Too many replys to answer on this in pms sorry all. I went past the place again but i could not see a name of the actual place though its still there of course. so how to go look? onnut soi 17 is the place. Most taxis from onnut will know this area if you ask them or know your way around a bit. taxi cost should be 37-40 baht. 15 baht via the bikes. if i actualy get to go right into their office i will try and get their number for you all. please do not pm me more about it as i simply do not have the time to answer them all. hope this helps at least a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of good info. in this thread.

I have been here 7 months and moved around a bit.

Always able to find a nice place.

Just get off at any BTS or MRT station and walk around.

You'll be surpirsed. Many vacancies at reasonable prices.

I currently live on Lat Phrao 17, one block from the Lat Phrao MRT in a 62 sq. mtr. room for just $6,500. No pool though. Very quiet building and neighborhood.

Carrefour is a short walk and Central Plaze is one MRT stop away.

surg...LP17 apt....does it have a gym? how silent is silent? can u give the name? i am currently LP35 (PK Mansion, 65m2, so-la-la pool+MickeyMouse gym, bht 10.800) but I am ready to have another place around this area when returning from my summer europe break....

• 1 month later...

:o

A lot of good info. in this thread.

I have been here 7 months and moved around a bit.

Always able to find a nice place.

Just get off at any BTS or MRT station and walk around. 

You'll be surpirsed. Many vacancies at reasonable prices.

I currently live on Lat Phrao 17, one block from the Lat Phrao MRT in a 62 sq. mtr. room for just $6,500. No pool though. Very quiet building and neighborhood.

Carrefour is a short walk and Central Plaze is one MRT stop away.

$6,500 per month thats quite pricey if your right with Dollar? :D

• 1 month later...

5 mins from Skytrain. Apartments called Victory Apartments in Soi Rangnam (3 mins walk from Skytrain). Apartments modern with good facilities and building not old and tired looking. Starter price 5000 bpm for 1 bedroom. Check Victory website. Also near Victory Mon in Soi 1 Phahonyothin Road very reasonable apartments and nice, possibly nearest skytrain to there is Sanam Pao, anyway checkout the street, some nice apts there very reasonable. At bottom of Soi Ari 7 (get off skytrain at Ari stn) and turn left into first street nearest station ( Soi 7) walk to bottom and apartments there as well as off the side sois. All very close (within 5 mins) walk to skytrain. All these apartments have good facilities nearby, plenty of shops, 7-elevens, restaurants etc. Good luck. :o

It's been a long time since I used the sky train - does it still close at midnight? And if it does close at midnight, does that mean that the last train to reach the end of the line gets there at midnight, so that at other stations the last train leaves a lot earlier? Any info gratefully received.

i am looking also, prefer near pratunam/rachathewi/ari... but i need a phone line so i can get an internet connection and prefer a quiet area with not so much pollution. anyone know if the above places (or any others) can provide this?

I looked around for several months before deciding on my current apartment building (I actually stayed here 2 years ago and returned to the same one, unexpectedly!).

For the price and location, I just couldn't find any better: Phayathai Place, RIGHT on the corner by Phayathai BTS. A 35m2 studio with big shower, good views, fridge, TV, carpet, double bed etc. can be had for around the 10,000 mark. I've got a 1 bed 1 living room corner unit for 15,000. I couldn't get anywhere near this standard other places such as Ari, Sukhumvit, Ratchada etc.

Facilities:

Parking space, 24h security/porter, restaurant, laundry, office to pay bills/rent, pool, gym, small "library" for working/reading. Plus, huge windows for amazing views of Baiyoke etc (very important!).

I can give the number of the office who'll show you around, or I know one owner of a studio whom you may get a better price from.

I looked around for several months before deciding on my current apartment building (I actually stayed here 2 years ago and returned to the same one, unexpectedly!).

For the price and location, I just couldn't find any better:  Phayathai Place, RIGHT on the corner by Phayathai BTS.  A 35m2 studio with big shower, good views, fridge, TV, carpet, double bed etc. can be had for around the 10,000 mark.  I've got a 1 bed 1 living room corner unit for 15,000.  I couldn't get anywhere near this standard other places such as Ari, Sukhumvit, Ratchada etc.

Facilities:

Parking space, 24h security/porter, restaurant, laundry, office to pay bills/rent, pool, gym, small "library" for working/reading.  Plus, huge windows for amazing views of Baiyoke etc (very important!).

I can give the number of the office who'll show you around, or I know one owner of a studio whom you may get a better price from.

Im looking for somewhere in that area. Carlbkk, have just sent you a PM. Cheers.

keep the suggestions coming everyone ! :o

You can get a good deal at Phayathai place.

My friend had a place there 26 flr (your right Carl, great views of Baiyoke), 80-90 sq metres(?), 2 bathrooms (one en suite, one with a jacuzzi), bedroom, living room (that must've been 45-50 sq metres), fully furnished for I think 19-20 k a month, a real bargain considering it was modern and great location.

Part of his room rent was 2k for a parking space downstairs which he had the appartment block rent out to someone else for 2k since he had no car and so paid about 17-18 k in total.