English Teacher

dennis13

hi guy's..

i'm 28 living in thai for 2 years now..

i never worked here before, i get some money from over sea's.. that keeps me alive here :)

i just moved to bkk 3 months ago and i wanted to give teaching english a shot :D ( yes again a english teacher here haha)

i can't apply for a work permit here, because of some stuff i have going on in my home country... nothing illegal just not relevand for the site :D

if there is any information here available for this farang... like where to apply for the job.. should i go to the schools on my own, or are there agency's available to help me further..

thnx guy's for any help

Moved to Teaching in Thailand Forum, where even teachers have to show some respect.

Who are you and why did you remove my response... I spoke the thuth and who deservers to retire here at 28 years of 28 yrs. of age and retire here at same age and at the same time collect a pay cheque and do nothing... like most of people in the same position!!!!!!!!!!

burkie if you had any helpfull info, you can always send it in a private message to my inbox...

Who are you and why did you remove my response... I spoke the thuth and who deservers to retire here at 28 years of 28 yrs. of age and retire here at same age and at the same time collect a pay cheque and do nothing... like most of people in the same position!!!!!!!!!!

It was removed as it was flaming the OP who is looking for advise not sarcasm. Your reply here is also not helpful and borderline trolling. Please read the forum rules before responding.

hi guy's..

i'm 28 living in thai for 2 years now..

i never worked here before, i get some money from over sea's.. that keeps me alive here :)

i just moved to bkk 3 months ago and i wanted to give teaching english a shot :D ( yes again a english teacher here haha)

i can't apply for a work permit here, because of some stuff i have going on in my home country... nothing illegal just not relevand for the site :D

if there is any information here available for this farang... like where to apply for the job.. should i go to the schools on my own, or are there agency's available to help me further..

thnx guy's for any help

If you can't apply for a work permit here, you can't get any job here...legally.

Edited by elkangorito

Another post has been deleted. Let's try not make unnecessary remarks about grammar. Not everyone is as computer capable as others. The OP has asked about teaching. He hasn't asked for advice on his typing or grammar. He asked asked for an analysis of his moral character either.

Thanks for letting him know that working without a work permit is illegal.

Note to the OP:

1. Do you have at least one bachelor's degree from an accredited university?

2. Will you be better dressed than your avatar?

no and no...

comeone guy's.. diden't ask for remarks of my education or the looks of my avatar.

i'm not planning on teaching in a university..

lessons in english on a easy level of education.. is an easy thing to do, i can print of the lesson plan online.. or ask some friends to copy their lesson plans..

so the student's will not have my wrong grammar or spelling mistakes.. they will get resenable lesson's.

and i know working without a workpermit is illegal.. but comeone.

who are you kidding....

you all got ton's offs friends that do the same thing here or in their home country... you give them the same remarks.

Two things are needed to live a successful life teaching in Thailand. A BA or BS degree and a work permit. If you have neither, be prepared to work illegally, be subject to fines or being arrested and expect that your income will be under 15k.month. Furthermore, I don't know if you are a native speaker or not, but you will be payed less if you are not.

Two things are needed to live a successful life teaching in Thailand. A BA or BS degree and a work permit. If you have neither, be prepared to work illegally, be subject to fines or being arrested and expect that your income will be under 15k.month. Furthermore, I don't know if you are a native speaker or not, but you will be payed less if you are not.

So question is why would the individual not be able to apply for a work permit? Only thing I can think of is maybe collecting welfare or disability from home country? I hope there is a better reason? Curious to know. Any thoughts. Seems odd to look for a full time job and not want to get a work visa processed.

If you look at the opening page of the teaching forum, there are a number of pinned topics, including questions and qualifications. You might want to look through those.

I will close this topic for now, since it is drawing some off-topic comments and questions. ThaiVisa rules do not permit us to discuss activities which are illegal and since the OP, at this time, doesn't want to get a work permit, further discussions would simply be trying to circumvent the law. This is against forum rules.

Should there be further questions, the OP can send me a PM and I will re-open the topic.

Thanks.