How Can I Save Animated Images?

Jai Dee

I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Pro OS and have been sent an HTML message that contains some animated images.

I'd like to save the images as .gif files, but right-clicking on them to Save Picture As... only gives me the option of a .bmp file, thus losing the animation.

Has anyone got an idea on how to do this?

I've even tried emailing them to a hotmail and a yahoo account...

The images are there OK, and animated too, but I just can't work out how to save them.  :o

Any ideas please?

I would suggest sending it to an email account that will allow for web access and then open it at that location with the web browser. I suspect the right click and copy option will then allow you to save it on your system in the format you would like. Not sure, never tried it but it is a thought.

Good luck.

I would suggest sending it to an email account that will allow for web access and then open it at that location with the web browser.  I suspect the right click and copy option will then allow you to save it on your system in the format you would like.  Not sure, never tried it but it is a thought.

Good luck.

Tried that, nope.. didn't work. :o

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Any other ideas?

I used to have the same problem JD. Even with a jpg file, if I right clicked and tried save as, it would only allow it to saved as a BMP.

I no longer have the problem, since I switched over to using FireFox instead of IE.

Well the first question is ..... is it a .bmp or .gif file ?

But try this.

If you can see the animated .gif file on your screen, it is almost certain it is in your cache. So go to .....

Tools/Internet Options/General Tab/Temporary Internet Files/ Settings/View Files.

You should be able to find it in the listing there either due to size or name or type of file.

Then you can click on it and copy/paste it over to a desired place on your C Drive

Let us know if that does it for you.

Well the first question is ..... is it a .bmp or .gif file ?

But try this.

If you can see the animated .gif file on your screen, it is almost certain it is in your cache. So go to .....

Tools/Internet Options/General Tab/Temporary Internet Files/ Settings/View Files.

You should be able to find it in the listing there either due to size or name or type of file.

Then you can click on it and copy/paste it over to a desired place on your C Drive

Let us know if that does it for you.

Thanks for that paulfr,

It's taken a bit of time as I haven't cleaned that directory out in some time, but I did manage to locate them and save them.

Cheers.

:o